1. We've added a new Women's Team sub-forum to discuss all things related to the new United Women's Team.

Also, the FCUoM forum has been closed due to inactivity, with its threads moved to the Football Forum. To discuss FCUoM and Salford City moving forward, please use this sticky thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Robbie Savage defends Jose

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by mitchmouse, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Mar 13, 2018

mitchmouse Full Member

Did anyone her Robbie Savage on 5 Live last night (Monday)? He gave a really full-bodied backing to Jose on Rashford. Jason Burt of the Torygraph kept having a go and saying Jose got it wrong not to pick Rashford for every game. Savage pointed out that Jose knows him better than either he (Savage) or Burt and sees him every day in training.

Burt tried to persuade us that he knew exactly what goes on every minute of the day at Old Trafford. Savage asked how he knew more than Jose and Burt then laughingly changed tack and said Rashford would be picked much more if he was at City. To which Savage pointed out that he wasn't. Burt got the hump! It as quite funny and a bit surprising to hear!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2018
  2. Mar 13, 2018

Zlatan 7 New Member

Supports:
    United
    I havnt heard it but there’s absolutely no way he’d get more game time at Man City.
    That’s just made up shit
  3. Mar 13, 2018

Ish Lights on for Luke

Aye, the shit these guys get paid to spew out on live television. The mind boggles.
  4. Mar 13, 2018

Zoo Full Member

The result on the weekend angered a lot of journalists in the English press and they’ve had to create other ways to attack Mourinho.
  5. Mar 13, 2018

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

I said it in another thread the other day but why was there no media out cry when Martial was out of the team in favour of Rashford?

(Rhetorical question I know the answer)
  6. Mar 13, 2018

Scarecrow Having a week off

He also said this after the Liverpool game:
    Robbie is a red not an absolute moron.
  7. Mar 13, 2018

el3mel Full Member

If Rashford was in City, he would have been playing in a midtable club like Iheanacho now.

Pep had showed loads of times he's not interested in developing any young talents.
  8. Mar 13, 2018

devil in me Full Member

He also backed him on BT over the weekend, saying how he gets a rough ride , compared him to Pochettino where United have scored more and conceded less than Spurs yet Poch gets all the plaudits and Jose gets none. Seems to have started speaking sense !
  9. Mar 13, 2018

Thisistheone Full Member

Well done Savage.

Pep has dropped Stones, who cost £50m. Nothing is being made of that.

Jose plays Rashford more than any other player, Rashford gets into a bit of bad form, Jose still plays him, Rahsford gets injured, then doesn't come back into the side straight away = Rashford needs to move, Jose isn't using him right.

Fecking bizarre.
  10. Mar 13, 2018

Nick7 Full Member

Rashford getting more game time at City is hilarious. Especially considering they sold Iheanacho. Who was supposedly "better" according to their fans and the media.
  11. Mar 13, 2018

el3mel Full Member

How much time had Pep given to a player like Foden who was hailed by the media as one of the best talents, even when they had the league wrapped up for months and with big gap different ? He had ended up playing 17 minutes in the league and meaningless matches in CL.

Yet no one talk about that and they'll all talk about Rashford who has been playing nonstop as a starter or a sub.

Don't understand how anyone can't see the anti-United and anti-Mourinho agenda here.
  12. Mar 13, 2018

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

The crazy part is that it's very much present in France too, like Mourinho's hatred transcends countries now.
  13. Mar 13, 2018

beedoubleyou Full Member

14. Mar 13, 2018

afrocentricity Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

This is why you shouldn't take all these hot takes seriously, majority of these pundits/writers are talking shite....
  15. Mar 13, 2018

abdo99 Full Member City Lover

Savage is the only one speaking sense out there. Rashford is at a big club and has competition for his place. Its a completely normal thing at a big club and people forget that Rashford has been involved in every squad of every game and Mourinho instead of getting credit for how he's managed his minutes along with Martial to keep both of them on their feet gets pelters from the media. Its a joke. Why don't they talk about Stones getting benched for 60 million pounds Laporte? Does he need to leave as well?
  16. Mar 13, 2018

Greck Full Member

Depends on the age and talent level. A lot of City's players/Pep's buys are quite young but I don't think he'd play Rashford for a lack of tactical awareness
  17. Mar 13, 2018

RedSky likes to kick 10-year-olds Scout

Savage generally talks sense tbh. He sometimes trolls but he also tends to have a decent point to follow on from it.

I think people don't like him because he's not diplomatic with his views and speaks his mind.
  18. Mar 13, 2018

horsechoker Sailor vee, this is a right off.

Breaking: Savage Savagely Spits at Kid in Wheelchair
  19. Mar 13, 2018

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Competition is part of every single football and like you said, it's only gonna get more intense the bigger the club is. Honestly I struggle to think where and how Rashford would get this much playing time at another club of this stature. The way Mourinho is handling playing minutes has been very good. There isn't a single attacking player who can cry about not getting chances to prove his worth.
  20. Mar 13, 2018

Jacko21 Full Member

The comments from Jason Burt wound me up. Suggesting Rashford would've played more under Guardiola recently and that there is discontent within the club regarding his game time is just inflammatory crap.

Rashford has been the most picked player under Mourinho and I think all United fans recognise that when he was taken out of the team, it was because his performances had dipped. But you get guys like Jason trying to spin it for their own gain.

What's worse, if Jason ever found himself in a presser with Mourinho, you wouldn't hear a peep out of him. He's one of a number of journalists, who through TV and radio appearances have come to believe too much in their own self-importance. Henry Winter being the pinnacle of prickery - the guy got his own tv advert FFS.

Too many football writers are picking sides, fuelling conjecture and reinforcing agenda-driven bias.
  21. Mar 13, 2018

roonster09 Full Member

Jason Burt doesn't have a clue.
  22. Mar 13, 2018

Boycott Full Member

Sorry but he makes 606 on a Saturday unlistenable for me. The guy shrieks over callers and turns it into a "i'm right you're wrong" show. His over-reliance on banal stats show him up. A Villa fan called a couple of weeks ago praising Grealish and all you have is Savage shouting '1 goal 4 assists' as if that's conclusive. The guy even admitted he hasn't watched much of him but kept hammering it on.
  23. Mar 13, 2018

balaks Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Savage is one of the pundits I actually quite like and respect - he is quite passionate and is also pretty fair in his comments - both him and Ian Wright are excellent on the radio imo.
  24. Mar 13, 2018

RedSky likes to kick 10-year-olds Scout

Classic Savage.
  25. Mar 13, 2018

Sean_RedDevil Twitter bot

Rashford has played 95 games under Mourinho!!!!!!

Second on the list: De Gea with 83 games
  26. Mar 13, 2018

nikineil New Member

I have been very annoyed with this series of Rashford not getting game time for Mourinho. Just out of curiosity, does Sterling play every single Man City game? Does Jack Wilshere/Danny Welbeck play every game for Arsenal? Does AOC/Lallana play every game for Liverpool?
  27. Mar 13, 2018

El Zoido Full Member

This narrative against Jose regarding Rashford is insane. He’d played in every single game up until January, when he wasn’t fully fit. He’d only missed two games when Jamie Redknapp started going on about how Rashford should leave to save his career. It’s unbelievable how many of these idiots are being paid to spew such shite.
  28. Mar 13, 2018

Red Katie The least positive person in match threads ever

Rashford would no doubt get more games at City, just like the rest of the young players there.
  29. Mar 13, 2018

prath92 Full Member

Does everyone use ‘Torygraph’? :lol:
  30. Mar 13, 2018

bleedred Full Member

That is exactly what they want. us getting wound up and getting some serious traffic into their sites. Better to ignore them. We have a huge fan base, which means they get more traffic about anything United.
  31. Mar 13, 2018

Kostov Full Member

Savage always gets a lot of stick from United fans. Can anybody enlighten me why? Is there something more? I know he is a former youth player, but don't know the story behind all the stick he is getting from our fans.
  32. Mar 13, 2018

ValenciaRocks New Member

I love the fact that we have recently played Rashford, Mctomminay and Lingard in the team.

This makes me a proud supporter of United and segregates us from our blue acquisitive neighbours.

Long may this continue
  33. Mar 13, 2018

The holy trinity 68 The disparager

These pundits all criticising Mourinho about Rashford is quite bizarre. He has had more game time this season than nearly any other United player. Just because Rashford is a great young talent and is English does not give him a free pass to start every game, Rashford will know this anyway and will understand if Mourinho doesn't start him all the time.

It is ridiculous that pundits clearly ignore the fact of how many games he has played this season. It is even more ridiculous for them to expect him to play every game when United have Lukaku, Mata, Lingard, Martial and now Sanchez all vying for game time in the attacking positions.

Don't play Lukaku or Sanchez all the time and the narrative will be "all that money wasted" (Sanchez signing on fee and wages). Don't start Martial all the time and the narrative would be "Martial is set for the door as Mourinho is ruining another young player, just like Salah, De Bruyne etc". Don't play Lingard and it would be "Mourinho shuns youth team product in favour of ready made star".

It is BS how the media portray Mourinho. They can't target United's results anymore, so they target the style of play and young players getting or not getting game time.
  34. Mar 13, 2018

Red Katie The least positive person in match threads ever

Embarrassing.

Not you but J. Burt.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  35. Mar 13, 2018

ValenciaRocks New Member

Could not agree more with this. Sometimes a manager simply can’t win.
  36. Mar 13, 2018

Scarecrow Having a week off

I don't know if he has any beef with United fans, specifically. He's just not a very good pundit / commentator, from what I've seen.
  37. Mar 13, 2018

lsd Full Member

I think Savage has stuck up for Utd and Jose pretty much all season mostly because noone else is and he likes to take the other side .

Still I'm going to you tube to watch his reaction to the caller who wanted Tony Pullis to manage Utd again
  38. Mar 13, 2018

El Zoido Full Member

Spot on. Frankly it really does feel like an attempt to destabilise the club.
  39. Mar 13, 2018

JohnnyKills Full Member

Supports:
    United
    Yeah that's absolute nonsense. He'd be rotated with Aguero and Jesus and would get fewer minutes than both of them.
  40. Mar 13, 2018

adexkola Arsenal supporter Verified Moaner City Lover

Me, and you. Yo momma, and yo cousin too.
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    Any video of this?