Ronaldo: United did nothing to win | Read full quotes

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Santoryo, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Nov 8, 2018

Arbitrium Supposed to be taking a year off

My theory is that since he’s in line for his 6th ballon d’or, he wanted to compare it to his 6pac
  2. Nov 8, 2018

lsd Full Member

Even though the op quotes were fake ?
  3. Nov 8, 2018

Peyroteo Professional Ronaldo PR Guy

Supports:
    Sporting CP
    The title of this thread is completely untrue. He never said that.

Someone should change it.
  4. Nov 8, 2018

cyberman Full Member

He was flexing on us. Its an incredible act of disrespect.
  5. Nov 8, 2018

RedDevil@84 Full Member

He is saying he is not pregnant?
  6. Nov 8, 2018

Jim Beam Full Member

Why? I mean it was 10 years ago since he left, he is Juve player and it was a cracking goal. I don't see even much wrong in what he says, although I feel it's mostly down to him being disappointed it put him off the spotlight. Still, also understandable.

The only thing weird is that ridiculous celebration. Cringe as feck.
  7. Nov 8, 2018

iluvurmummy Full Member

Supports:
    The return of Comeback Kings
    I respect Ronaldo for his sheer desire and commitment to be the best. But have never understood all the wankfest around him from United fans, we were just a stepping stone - nothing more.
  8. Nov 8, 2018

TsuWave Full Member

does that negate or void him being one of the best players the club ever had and catalyst for our most successful period ever? it doesn't, hence the "wankfest from united fans for him".

the guy scored and celebrated a goal for his team. he said he felt his team should have won because they played better. this melodramatic thread ensues.

the internet is weird.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  9. Nov 8, 2018

Morpheus 7 Full Member

Not a bad stepping stone, he basically won us the lot. Ronaldo 08 was arguably the best that has ever played at Old Trafford.
  10. Nov 8, 2018

iluvurmummy Full Member

Supports:
    I'm not saying anything against his celebration, in fact I had a little chuckle thinking 'Typical Ronaldo'.

I'm more coming from the angle that he often gets mentioned in the same breath as true United legends, and misunderstood to have some sort of special love and connection with the club/fans. He doesn't. Full stop.
  11. Nov 8, 2018

BeforeKeanetherewasRobson Full Member

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
    But that's football? Happens all the time and the loser(s) just have to suck it up.

Remember West Ham away in 95 (last game of the season)? We absolutely hammered them but couldn't get a second and lost the title. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Goals win games, not chances, shots off the woodwork, possession and definitely NOT abs.
  12. Nov 8, 2018

iluvurmummy Full Member

Supports:
    Listen a truly great player I'm not disputing that. But he doesn't bleed United, is all im saying/means anything to me now that he's gone and plays against us.
  13. Nov 8, 2018

E-mal New Member

Who cares what he says, we won so f*ck him.
  14. Nov 8, 2018

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    What is he going to do for his 7th? I guess he can do what he did yesterday and just whip out his dick as well to add 1 to the 6.

Im joking, but I'm not entirely convinced we won't see that before he leaves the game.
  15. Nov 8, 2018

Hammerfell Full Member

Weird flex but ok
  16. Nov 8, 2018

predator Youth NITK

Can't believe people are genuinely discussing how he feels about us lol. The thought of grown men caring if a thirty odd year old portuguese bloke cares about the club the grown men support is amusing. He signed for us 15 years ago and played for us for 5 years before moving to Madrid for a decade and becoming their greatest ever player. Hes now at juve and is desperate to succeed thete like he is everywhere.

He's been very respectful to us ever since leaving and hasn't bad mouthed any of us or our players. He knows so many fanboys still love him but he's desperate to impress at juve now and that's it.
  17. Nov 8, 2018

sunama Baghdad Bob

It's kind of weird, isn't it?
    We win 1 game and a lot of people have gone into meltdown, including many MUFC fans.
    Many salty tears would've been shed last night and that makes the victory even sweeter. ;)
  18. Nov 8, 2018

Moriarty Full Member

Supports:
    A wife and a cat.
    Andy Cole should have had a hat-trick that day but muffed every chance that came his way. Shearer picked up his only medal and we lost to Everton at Wembley. Bummer of a season that. Went tits-up after Palace.
  19. Nov 8, 2018

Dwazza Coke is it!

He's usually more of a gentleman, folks. Remember that.

feck off Ronnie.
  20. Nov 8, 2018

Buster15 New Member

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    Correct on both counts.

We are a completely different team from when this brilliant brilliant yound man graced OT and the Manchester United shirt.

No one likes loosing especially to late goals so sorry Christiano, you are still a fantastic player but tough sh1t.
  21. Nov 8, 2018

77 urinates in helmets

Supports:
    Berwick Rangers
    Bitter 2@, never liked him
  22. Nov 8, 2018

CLK_FPC Fists of Fury

There are still people that bend over backwards for this pr*ck.
    He used us pretty much every summer to get a new deal, celebrated when he scored against us and then comes out with these quotes.
    Hope this is now the end of the love in. Massive player for us and will be remembered for the big part he played in our history but beyond that, he's an arse
  23. Nov 8, 2018

CLK_FPC Fists of Fury

Bingo
  24. Nov 8, 2018

Bestietom Full Member

Someone should tell him that we scored 2 and he scored 1.
  25. Nov 8, 2018

simonhch Horrible boss

Supports:
    Urban Combat Preparedness
    Can't stand Ronaldo. He's always been a massive wanker. A complete man child. He was obviously brilliant for us, but once he left in the prime of his career, I was pretty much done with him. He had no redeeming qualities to endear him to me post-United.
  26. Nov 8, 2018

Ali Dia Full Member

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    Exactly. I’ve no love for him at all. He fecked off right before his peak and made a lot of noise doing so. Other players (such as Rooney) were hated for wanting a better contract or better players here with him but he ultimately stayed and helped us win more... Ronaldo is all about Ronaldo and he couldn’t care less about United. I don’t get the fans still worshipping him. He also used us to get better contracts every second summer. Ewww
  27. Nov 8, 2018

abdo99 Full Member City Lover

He doesn't like Mourinho's tactics
  28. Nov 8, 2018

Tincanalley Turns player names into a crappy conversation

What he meant was “United did nothing eye-catching, unforgettable, and headline-making to win. But I did. My masterpiece of anticipation, timing and balance ought to be the subject of every commentary for the forseeable. Endless replays, anal-fixated analysis, and whole video game software revisions.

But... no. Instead, we have another united player, not any kind of Legend, a badly filled out Spaniard, scoring an equalizer from a bendy free kick. And then ... Ashley Young - (AFY!) consigning my masterpiece to a mere amusing footnote. A footnote in the story of a humbling CL defeat for the latest club privileged to adorn my abs with their colors. Bah! (Ashley FLuking Young!).

Pass me the gel, dahling”.
  29. Nov 8, 2018

Tincanalley Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Ed woulda gone for him. Jose not
  30. Nov 8, 2018

BaseFishing New Member

I've always loved and hated Ronaldo at the same time since he left us (and at times while he was here too to be honest...) I think you guys know what I mean. It's like a complicated love-hate relationship with an ex, although it's not really much of a relationship, just stalking their social media, and exchanging Instagram comments.
  31. Nov 8, 2018

Dante Bang Average but can post Blindfolded for 15 secs

Supports:
    United!
    United were a fling.

Real Madrid were the love of his life.

Juventus are a bit of fun on the rebound.

That's what Ronaldo's clubs mean to him. It weird seeing United fans pine after him. We'll never be the club he loves the most. That should discount him as a club legend by default.

For any player to be a United legend, the love needs to go two ways. Ronaldo was only here for convenience. He was at Madrid for love. That's why he's their player rather than ours.
  32. Nov 8, 2018

Darlington Padgett New Member

This is exactly what I think of him! I don't believe he's a club legend, he's just above that. He used us to get to Madrid and then used us to get bigger contract offers from Madrid. Year after year he teased United fans just to get bigger contracts and when he was ready to move on he went somewhere else.
  33. Nov 8, 2018

Schmeichel's Cartwheel Full Member

United were the girl he lost his virginity to as a teenager & taught him how to feck real good. Madrid were the hot supermodel he fecked us off for & married. Madrid got old & he got his head turned by a hot younger woman in Juve.

Edit: Just seen someone did an identical metaphor above lol. Ah well.
  34. Nov 8, 2018

Mainoldo Full Member

Name the true United legends (except Scholes and Charlton).. all name you a example how they all shite on our club. Ronaldo has done nothing different and should go down next to your Best and Giggs’s.
  35. Nov 8, 2018

Mainoldo Full Member

Always thought Juve was the Old lady ;)
  36. Nov 8, 2018

Edgio Full Member

I don't get the obsession with him. Sure, he was an amazing player for us but he's an oddball narcissist. Was properly going that way when he left us and is even worse now.
  37. Nov 8, 2018

Mainoldo Full Member

Haven’t heard him say a word about Madrid since plus if he loved them so much why leave? He’s just a great pro and great player. Your too emotional about something that in the end means absolutely nothing once he retires.
  38. Nov 8, 2018

Dante Bang Average but can post Blindfolded for 15 secs

Supports:
    United!
    That's what being a supporter of a football club is about. If you're not emotional about it, what's the point?
  39. Nov 8, 2018

Mainoldo Full Member

Emotional about the club and game. Not someone that no longer plays for us. Once he retires we will love him for What he’s done here and he’ll be more than welcome to come back when he wants. Being upset over comments of him believing his team he plays for should have one or celebrating after scoring a brace. So what.

Tell you what was more silly. Seeing Pogba looking like he wanted to make a donation to the Juventus fans for us scoring 2 goals.
  40. Nov 9, 2018 at 00:16

Womp idiot

We did nothing except score more goals than Juve did.