Ronaldo Watch

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by 032Devil, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 1, 2009

vijay Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo

It was shite tbh.. On saturday noon, I was in a small pub in a pitlochry and watched the second half along with couple of Ronaldo fanbois, that breathed hard every time he touched the ball and finally went away moaning. Its shocking to note some cretin has bothered wasting some time of his life to make a five minute compilation out of that.
  2. Sep 2, 2009

fishfingers15 Contributes to username and tagline changes

Nani Are you ok? Are you ok? Are you ok Nani?
    :boring:
  3. Sep 2, 2009

FranklyVulgar Full Member

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
    :lol: you are such a twat.

You began your life of cafetardum by blocking me because you found my posts so offensive. Now you pathetically snipe at me at any opportunity. Get a grip man, go back to blocking me or better yet just go somewhere else.

At least bonafide idiots like Cal/merman etc try and give reasoning for the utter drivel they spout. You can't even do that :houllier:
  4. Sep 2, 2009

You should have stuck with playing Bagpiper sporting a torn kilt.
  5. Sep 2, 2009

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    :lol: You don't even watch the game proper and make such comments:lol:
  6. Sep 2, 2009

Exactly. The whole side save for Lass, Raul and surprisingly Marcelo looked nervous.
  7. Sep 2, 2009

Yeah and "by all accounts" plus i watched the extended highlights on skysports after. Anyone watch revista de la liga? ROnaldo obviously a big talking about. A lot of mentions of crowd groaning etc when his touch let him down, the blind ally runs and the frustration shown.

I plan on watching much more madrid but i ddint watch the game live due to the MIlan Derby.

anyway, i've said it time and time again, he'll need some time. He was pretty gash at the weekend but it's his first league game, he like the whole team needs time to gel. What more can i say, i can't believe people find these comments unreasonable... It was the same last season, but at least i could forgive the bias based on people being United fans.
  8. Sep 2, 2009

:lol: fecking hell.
  9. Sep 2, 2009

TBF You can't call him gash and then claim Kaka was any better. That's laughable.

REAL as a side were far from good. Even Ronaldo's post match comments bear that out. Lass saved them embarssment big time. They have miles to go yet.
    Good thing they have players like Kaka and Ron who don't need top form to make an impact on a game's out come.

Nah. What people have found unreasonable is calling a players performance gash when you never really watched the match. It's a laughable thing to do.
  10. Sep 2, 2009

So, you have watched the extended highlights. :lol:
    Listen, FranklyVulgar, why are you hell bent on proving that you are a tit, again and again?
  11. Sep 2, 2009

So all the other people who said he was poor, pundits, fans etc aren't worth a damn. YOu can't read anything about football despite watching an hour long extended highlights and 30mins of the match live and a video of his contribution?

Madrids fans were groaning at him, he stormed off at the end of the match he was so dissapointed shaking no players hands and refusing to give interviews...

So i come onto the cafe and read "He played well" "better than Benzema and Kaka" it's truely laughable.
  12. Sep 2, 2009

:lol:
  13. Sep 2, 2009

:boring:
  14. Sep 2, 2009

aww fishyboy, go back to insulting the places people were born, you are funnier that way. Tell me more about how i play "bagpiper" :lol:
  15. Sep 2, 2009

Stop refreshing the page.
  16. Sep 2, 2009

Trigg aka Trippin_Stoned

I hope it goes horribly wrong over there for him and he comes back to United for a fraction of the price we sold him for!

He seems to be getting a bit stick according to La Liga show I watched yesterday. Whats the deal with that then?
  17. Sep 2, 2009

Adzzz Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner

Was he actually boo'd? If true that's absolutely mental and shows what a spoiled bunch of prats those RM fans actually are!
  18. Sep 2, 2009

EricaNo7 Full Member

i would prefer him to realise what he's missing here - then come back at a fraction of the price!
  19. Sep 2, 2009

Raven Blade Dull

Trouble in paradise? Real Madrid have serious underlying problems. Its a wonder why so many players see it as their dream club. But thats his decision and good luck to him, he's certainly going to need it.
  20. Sep 2, 2009

jojojo Moderator

I reckon we could have got him for 70m - ah, well.

I don't get Sky so didn't see the show you're talking about.

In the game, the fans cheered anything good he did, including the near misses and groaned when he screwed up, it being Ron the groans tend to be louder than for normal players - I wouldn't have said it was any different to most of his time at OT to be honest. Were they suggesting there was more than that? In which case I'm surprised. There was no mention of it in the Spanish TV stuff.

In general the Barca press are biting his ankles and hoping that one of them will draw blood (and that the crowd wil get on his back), the Real Madrid press are pleading for time and the Madrid fans are praying (they're just desperate for him to do well). One of the Madrid board commented that Zidane had a slow, nervous start to his Madrid career and then scored one of the all time great CL winning goals - so, no pressure there then :lol:
  21. Sep 2, 2009

Its his transfer fee and the obnoxious wage pack that has beefed up the expectations. On the footballing side, Ronaldo has long forgotten the art of beating his marker consistently and dipping in a decent cross from the 07/08 season. Even in his 42 goal season all he did was stretching the defence and reaching the end of things to score great goals.

His life would get more tougher at Real if he consistently indulges running in empty spaces, showboating and eventually passing the ball sideways or backwards. In his last three seasons with us, Fergie gave him the licence to roam, so he was able to get goals even though his all round game wasnt that devastating but at Real with Kaka, Benzema and Raul drifting in the middle, he's forced to stick out wide and its not helping him either.
  22. Sep 3, 2009

RedThaiDevils#7 Full Member

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
    He looked like RM most dangerous threat though. Still not quite comfortable with that Role in RM. IMO he will never ever find a better club more suited for him than United. Sai Yo Na Ra Ronaldo.
  23. Sep 3, 2009

You can't give any valid opinion from 30 mins of highlights. That much should be ovbious. You are just gathering alleged opinion from others. Not forming anything of your own. & having seen a lot of pundits opinions myself, makes your repeated claims he was gash look more and more laughable.

Madrids fans were groaning at him, he stormed off at the end of the match he was so dissapointed shaking no players hands and refusing to give interviews...

Rather what is laughable is your claim above. Benzema and Kaka clearly faired worse than Ronaldo. That is why he played the entire 90 minutes. That however doesn't equate to "way better". That shouldn't be so hard to understand.

Because if you had watched the match rather than running you mouth depending on mere highlights and others opinions you would know only Lass, Raul and Marcelo had good games for REAL. The rest had average to forgettable debut's. So your attempts to single out Ronaldo and then big up some of his team mates performances on the day is just stupid. It's called talking out your arse.
  24. Sep 3, 2009

He has actually he has been handed a free role along with Kaka. REAL just didn't gel very well on the night. I suspect due to nerves. Thus all the debutants struggled.
  25. Sep 3, 2009

Benezema easily had a better match than Ronaldo, so was Kaka only by a small margin. But Kaka didnt eclipse Ronaldo, Benzema or any one else, in contrary to Zidane comparisons and other bile that has flown out so far. If Kaka continues at this level for long, he should be next in the pecking order after Ronaldo. Unfortunately for Ronaldo even if he wasnt good, goals are still coming for Real Madrid, never ever the case when he was with us.

He played for 90 minutes because the club was Real Madrid, the manager does not usually have balls to sub their star player unless their president says so.
  26. Sep 3, 2009

Alex Banned

Umm 1 goal 1 game = good debut imo

he could have taken a shit on the field and it still would have been good
  27. Sep 3, 2009

fjred Full Member

Hasn't Fergie already hinted he wouldn't be surprised? He's knows the player and he knows Madrid. I believe the reason he didn't get help when CQ left for the same team was that he expected him back and he was right. Fergie hasn't bought big just yet. I don't think Ronaldo was that bad the other night.
  28. Sep 3, 2009

Alex Banned

If Ronaldo comes back, I'd be surprised. But Yes in a second I would take him, even at the full 80 million(just so Ralphie cant complain). There is no doubt doubt he mastered the EPL it took him 3 years, he certainly has the talent to do it in Spain, the question is if Real wait. This is funny that we are speculating after one game though. When he was at United I have no doubt imo that he was the most driven player and probably the most talented. So he would be a great re addition
  29. Sep 3, 2009

Trigg aka Trippin_Stoned

I can't really remember what they were saying as I had a guest round so it was only on in the background.

Alot of it was that he was already feeling the pressure and how he's going to have to change his game and the way he plays due to the way Real play, a lot more patiently etc. Mentioned that he was the main guy at United and the team played to get the best out of Ronaldo and that won't be the case at Real.

They went for about 10 minutes or so. I'll look out for the repeat anyway.
  30. Sep 3, 2009

Yeah it was on Revista De La Liga and in any article written about it has pointed out that he had a very frustrating debut. The only place i've noticed him getting praise is the United forum and he doesnt play for united anymore. Quite pathetic really...
  31. Sep 3, 2009

32. Sep 3, 2009

:lol:You still don't get Frankly Vulgar that simply no one with sense is agreeing with your stupid notion that he was shit on his debut? & that Kaka and Benzema allegedly faired better than him? Especially when you clearly never watched the match? Rather than praising Ronaldo in any shape or form.:lol:

Instead you are dumb enough to call that ( to paraphrase a little) " him getting praise on the United forum when he doesnt play for united anymore... ":eek:

The mind boggles...........
  33. Sep 3, 2009

Red Pavan shittest username ever manutddabest791

Exactly, what the earth was he on about?
  34. Sep 3, 2009

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

What an odd post. It makes no sense. Hence the 'preview post' button. :)

Another odd post. I just don't understand your hatred for him. I know you deny but your posts and their tone speak for themselves. I don't hate Messi. I quite like both Messi and Ronaldo. It is actually possible to not diss one you know?

Back to the point. Just don't claim someone played woeful off match reports. It sounds silly and makes your opinion lost any credibility. Also Madrid fans can be very clueless. Fat Ronaldo was excellent for them but never got his due recognition because they wanted him to be as good as he was for Barca. My guess is Madrid fans expected Ronaldo to be at his United best, which is silly. They probably wont get to see that until next season IMO.
  35. Sep 3, 2009

I'll diss either, if Messi made a debut like that i'd say he was poor. I'd say he needs time to get used to the new league/new team/new style/new position in the side etc etc

Which was the point i tried to make in the first place. but because i said Ronaldo didn't play well i get a lot of stick depsite making the only point worth a damn in that he'll need time before he can start to show his best but right now based on his la liga debut he's nowhere near his best, Madrid are nowhere near their best. They struggled against Deportivo who arnt a bad side but at home and completely full strengh the fans wanted more. After spending the money they did it is hardly a surprise and they want more from Ronaldo especially.
  36. Sep 3, 2009

Red Pavan shittest username ever manutddabest791

FV - Shutup.

It was a decent debut and he scored a goal and made 2 or 3 nice runs and made 1 or 2 chances. It was only his first game and he was not brilliant nor was he bad, was decent nothing more.

Stop arguing for the sake of it.
  37. Sep 3, 2009

KingEric7 Conspiracy enthusiast

You're acting like a bunch of stroppy children.

FV - "Ronaldo was poor, but give him time. It's only his first league game."
    Spastics - "OMFG!!! WTF?! You can't say that about our Ronaldo!! :eek:"

You'd have thought his departure would've brought about some objectivity.
  38. Sep 4, 2009

fjred Full Member

I agree, I'd be surprised, too. But it appears Fergie wouldn't.
  39. Sep 6, 2009

Rahul Full Member

Heard he played quite well yesterday, bar the result. Created a good 5 chances or so.
  40. Sep 6, 2009

Lailiani (Sadly not) Banned

I reckon Fergie would be surprised, too. If Ronaldo succeeds, he'll stay at Real because it's the club he loves and the country he likes. If he doesn't succeed (which I highly doubt), his ego will still be too big to come back as it would seem like conceding defeat. It's simply not going to happen.

What Fergie said about Ronaldo was more of an expression of appreciation than an actual believe that Ronaldo could come back one day. Just like when I say I would take him back in a heartbeat - I don't believe for a minute that I'll see him again at Old Trafford, but it's a way to express how highly I think of him as a player. Telling the press Ronaldo could come back one day is Fergie's way of saying that Ronaldo fulfilled all his hopes and even more than that and that he's a truly great player. It's the highest possible compliment from a manager's mouth.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.