1. We are delighted to have been nominated for Best Forum in The Football Blogging Awards. You can vote for us on their website here and via twitter here. You can read the caf thread here. Thanks to anyone who votes for us.
    Dismiss Notice

Ross Barkley...

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Rozay, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Feb 11, 2019

Aloysius's Back 3 Full Member

My problem with him is that he arguably thinks he is more technical than he really is.

Especially as a CAM - he is more robust than a technical player. He shows glimpses of his technical abilities but not enough to stay at CAM or play as an attacking component of midfield.

He needs to turn his game in to a proper midfielder with more defensive abilities to succeed in a top 6 long term in my opinion.
  2. Feb 11, 2019

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

"
    Will he go on to be a top class player and be pivotal to a team winning titles ". He's decent but I don't see him reaching that level you talked about
  3. Feb 11, 2019

Robbie Boy Full Member

Is he even ‘decent’? He’s had some flashes where he’s looked a good player but he seems to suffer with injuries, consistency and poor decision making. I honestly feel he’s a bang average player who wouldn’t look at all out of place at a mid table side. I would also be astonished if he had anything other than a very short Chelsea career.
  4. Feb 11, 2019

youmeletsfly Full Member

A flashier Darren Gibson.
  5. Feb 11, 2019

shahzadi Full Member

f***er scored the equalizer against us, probably could have been different, we still have Mourinho as Manager if he hasn't scored that one.
  6. Feb 11, 2019

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I didn't wanna be too mean, he's ok I guess.
  7. Feb 11, 2019

Robbie Boy Full Member

:lol:
  8. Feb 11, 2019

izec Full Member

He was much more promising when he came through, he is missing the x factor nowadays. Some may say he never had it, but i think he had something about him that could be polished and nurtured. Seeing him nowadays for Chelsea, he is out of his depth. But then again, everyone in their midfield is.