Scholes England recall (again)?

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Devil_forever, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 13, 2012

Devil_forever You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever

Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
    Papers: Scholes would get Redknapp recall - Official Manchester United Website

If he plans on hanging up his boots (again) at the end of the season, this would be the perfect way to sign off imo. If Harry handles the conversation with Scholes better than Capello's assistant did, then does anyone think he might have a rethink?

If Scholes wants to stay on for another year at United, I'd want him to have the summer off. What's everyone's thoughts on this?
  2. Feb 13, 2012

I'm always right Banned

3. Feb 13, 2012

Carl has permanently erect nipples

I think he'd do it.

Not sure another dismal England failure is the "perfect way to sign off" though.
  4. Feb 13, 2012

Varun Wants the D...

If called, he'd go i feel. already said he regretted not going to the WC. If its his last season with us, i wouldnt really mind. That said, a failure with England would be a bad way to sign off. Much rather he won the league with us and called it a day.
  5. Feb 13, 2012

Relevated Moral Guide

You really think England deserve any of our players? I dont, they can rot alone. the national team is a joke.
  6. Feb 13, 2012

SharkyMcShark Horrified

Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
    No. No no no no no.

Either

A) he decides this is his last ever season. If this is the case I want his last ever appearance to be for us, preferably lifting the league title. Certainly not for a diva filled England bowing out in the group stage of the Euros.

B) he decides to go on another season - in which case I'd be giving him a break from May til September ish. Don't worry about going on tour, don't worry about preseason friendlies, just keep fit at Carrington like he did for six months before coming out or retirement.
  7. Feb 13, 2012

Liam147 On Probation

I'd like him to go, be a nice send off, to sign out at a major tournament, plus it would highlight the insufficiency of Lampard and Gerrard. And let's be honest, he'd only help England's cause. It's not like he could get injured and we'd be missing him for next season.
  8. Feb 13, 2012

Garethw Full Member

As an Englishman I'd love to see him at the Euros.
  9. Feb 13, 2012

Eriku Full Member

Him being played in a central role, not to mention AFTER his renaissance as a centre midfielder post his box-to-box era, he might lift the whole bloody team. He's always been a handy player whenever he did play for England, but now he'd be the one they'd look to get the ball to, to dictate the games. I'd be genuinely excited to see a Scholes return in a major summer tournament... Though I'd say him playing for the team in the season is obviously untenable in every respect.

If he wants to do it, I say great for him and good for me... I'll be seeing Scholesy play competitive football in the summer, why the Hell would I not take some joy in that :)
  10. Feb 13, 2012

Adzzz Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner

A Forest with Astro Turf Facility. Now a Guardian
    The counter argument is, imagine if he goes and plays a role in winning the thing.

I'd be so happy.
  11. Feb 13, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

I don't know why, but I just don't see him going. He's done well in my opinion to steer clear of England and the media circus that's surrounded them over the past few major tournaments. I don't see any reason for him to change now.
  12. Feb 13, 2012

WR RedCafe FIFA League Season 1 Winner

If he did, I highly doubt he'd continue with us next season. If he didn't, there's a good chance he will.
  13. Feb 13, 2012

SATA Full Member

He won't go
  14. Feb 13, 2012

Ubik Full Member

He's still more than good enough, and he'd certainly be appreciated far more than he ever was beforehand.

If it was for Capello I'd be against it, as I would if it's for Pearce, but for Redknapp I'd probably be in favour. It's a godsend to be watching him playing football these days, I'll take anything I can get as long as it's for a manager that can use him properly.
  15. Feb 13, 2012

Red Dreams Full Member

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
    Would love to see him play one last time for England...but he wont go imo.
  16. Feb 13, 2012

misterredmist Full Member

Can't see it, hates being away from his family, and if he wants another season at OT, he'll be wanting a nice long summer break.

England at Euro 2012 are a busted flush, does he really wanna be part of that ?
  17. Feb 13, 2012

Wittmann45 Full Member

He already talked about Capello asking him. The only reason he didn't go was that he wasn't given enough time to make a decision. If Harry makes it a priority to get Scholes back into his team, Scholes would probably go...
  18. Feb 13, 2012

Ubik Full Member

If players like Terry, Barry, Lampard, Bent and Downing are kept away from the starting 11, England have no worse a team than they've had in donkey's years. They won't win, no, but it's more than conceivable that they'd put on a good show and actually have some decent results.
  19. Feb 13, 2012

Raoul Administrator

Already posted in the Scholes thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.