Scott McTominay 2018-19 Performances

Jump to: Fulham 0:3 Man Utd

View full 2018-19 profile

4.0 Average rating
9 Appearances
1 Yellow card
  1. Jan 25, 2019

Rifer Full Member

Where McT disappear to. No wonder he's not with the first team vs Arsenal.

Captain the side? and just Scored a goal.

PL International Cup game.
  2. Jan 25, 2019

RedDevil@84 Full Member

By how many goals do we need to win to top the group?
  3. Jan 25, 2019

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Nice goal
  4. Jan 25, 2019

Rifer Full Member

3 goals more the minimum.
    Derby U23 top with GD of +2 so..

Currently leading 3-0, match is still ongoing. :devil: Keep it up. If PSG score one, we score one more goal please.
  5. Jan 25, 2019

Rifer Full Member

Wow. I mean it's U23, but still.. nice skills in turning, then beating the first defender, and a sweet finish.
  6. Jan 26, 2019

FootyGirl88

So he's back playing with the under 23s?
  7. Jan 26, 2019

roseguy64 Full Member

Might mean we're looking to loan him out
  8. Jan 26, 2019

11101 Full Member

As much as I'm not sure he's got what it takes to make it here long term, he is miles ahead of the U23s by now. Got to be looking for a loan to a PL club I'd think.
  9. Jan 26, 2019

Dante Bang Average but can post Blindfolded for 15 secs

Supports:
    United!
    Championship level goal.
  10. Jan 28, 2019

haram Full Member

It’s funny how their would be a clamour for a player to step up to the first team if they played well in the u23, but we all know how a lot of people feel about Scott.
  11. Jan 28, 2019

In Rainbows Full Member

McTominay is 22 years old in the u23s. It's not the same thing at all.
  12. Jan 28, 2019

haram Full Member

He wasn't really a standout before getting into the first team. He has developed, and he deserves credit for that.

For example here you can see the comments mocking McTominay getting a goal, but when Chong scores it's very different. Not taking anything away from Chong because I also think he has bigger potential, but it's not really fair when you think about it. Scott is still a United player and doesn't deserve some of the stuff he gets.
  13. Jan 28, 2019

POF Full Member

Absolutely. When they were genuinely at that level together Matty Willock looked a better player than McTominay. After his initial brief spell with the first team, McTominay looked genuinely a level above the rest at u23 level.

He has definitely developed a lot as a player. He does need to add something extra to his game to be anything but a squad filler. I think the key is goals from midfield. He could do with a loan where he plays every week.
  14. Jan 28, 2019

sugar_kane Full Member

Still can’t believe Mourinho made up an award for this lad as a personal PR move, what an absolute sociopath that man was.

I’m rooting for Scott on this basis alone, that he was used as a bit of a pawn by Mourinho to make a point about both Pogba and his “support” of youth. He’s a hard worker and solid enough and deserves all the best. The main thing he needs to work on is his forward play, always too safe in the first team.
  15. Jan 28, 2019

BigBebe Full Member

So true. It really was pretty unfair on the guy.

The fact that Fergie supported him and Ole seems prepared to give him a chance gives me some hope that he could make it for us.
  16. Jan 28, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

The hate this guy get's purely because he was a favourite of Jose is ridiculous. It isn't his fault.

While I don't think he will ever be good enough to be a starter for us, he will have a good career in football i'm sure of that.
  17. Jan 28, 2019

Kostov Full Member

Feck them, just a bunch of morons. I don't rate Scott, but I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a valuable player for this team.
  18. Feb 8, 2019

Walters_19_MuFc Full Member

In the squad for tomorrow's game. Probably won't start but he's suits the way we want our right centre midfielder to play, in that he is there to just support Matic and be defensively solid, which he's done well in the past.
  19. Feb 8, 2019

andersj Nick Powell Expert

Good!

Looking forward to hearing all the caf experts telling us how little Solskjaer, Carrick etc know about football considering that they play him.
  20. Feb 8, 2019

SAFMUTD New Member

I don’t rate him at all and I think that he has no future here on the long term, but right now he is the best option we have for the midfield. Pereira is clearly not good enough and there’s something going on with Fred that he isn’t even considered.

McTominnay at least has a good work rate and can do the defensive job, that should be enough against Fulham. I would rest Matic or Herrera and play him instead.
  21. Feb 8, 2019

Rozay Master of Hindsight

He’s a mascot and probably has something over someone at the club. He’s managed 2 five year contracts in the last 3 years, and there has been no shred of evidence from his youth career with us up until this day that it’s warranted. Perhaps his name was drawn from a hat. He reminds me of Sam Hutchinson who a Chelsea mascot, and their longest serving player despite never playing for them. Scott has even managed a player of the year award of sorts in his time here!

Despite all that, part of me still has to acknowledge that I’m not a pro, so accept that the experts must have seen something that every non-expert has not yet.
  22. Feb 9, 2019

Loublaze ATLien

I still think Pereira is the better option. Lets not pretend that McTominay is any better than Pereira defensively. I remember him costing us dearly against West Ham in that 3-1 loss and he was directly at fault for one of their goals. I won't even entertain excuses about how he was deployed as a CB, he was shocking that day down to the basics and that idiot Mourinho had to give a stupid long winded explanation as to why McTominay was selected
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  23. Feb 9, 2019

Mr Smith Full Member

I'm amazed that people have so quickly forgotten the performances McTominay put in for us against Liverpool and Chelsea last season. I feel like Mourinho's appreciation for the guy has poisoned most fans against him.
  24. Feb 9, 2019

meamth Full Member

I don't understand what's the fuss is all about. Seems like many of caf experts here doesn't want the club to develop him.

I can see him turning into a good PL level player. At least he can be a physical DM beast if he developed well. Can't we just be happy to see an academy product being trusted by the club?
  25. Feb 9, 2019

SAFMUTD New Member

Guess we will see, I don’t rate neither but Pereira has been awful, let’s see how McTominnay does.
  26. Feb 9, 2019

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    I agree. That is what happened. I don't particularly fancy him as a current option or even have a lot of faith in him but that is clearly what has happened and it is unfair on the kid. People have nothing to moan about so they turn to this. Even when things were good and well we mostly complained about our own academy products not being good enough when coming through. Fletcher certainly got this, and mainly because he wasn't Scholes.

I have no reason to believe McTominay will be a star but no reason to doubt or hate it if he could make it as a Fletcher level player for us, or in the PL. People want that guy from West Ham after a few good games, but have no time for our own I don't get it. He did put in some good performances and at a very young age in a difficult position. For him to maintain that would be sensational, but because he isn't that we shouldn't write him off.
  27. Feb 9, 2019

tenpoless Full Member

Scott has done alright, Perreira has been awful.

If I had to let go a midfielder it'd be Perreira first.
  28. Threadmark: Fulham 0:3 Man Utd
    Feb 9, 2019

Fracture90 Full Member

Nice cameo, nice header.
  29. Feb 9, 2019

breakout67 Full Member

He's better than Pereira. Definitely can be a good squad player for us.
  30. Feb 9, 2019

Based Adnan New Member

Had a very nice ball in to the box that Smalling just missed and almost scored with a header. Done well.
  31. Feb 9, 2019

AltiUn likes playing with swords after fantasies

Looked confident as hell when he came on, good cameo that was. Unlucky not to score, brought down a long pass with a great little touch at one point too.
  32. Feb 9, 2019

Walters_19_MuFc Full Member

Played a more attacking role today, but can also be more defensive and play deeper.

Versatile player, who has his uses. Would definitely trust him more than Pereira or Fred.

Nice little cameo from McTominay.
  33. Feb 9, 2019

haram Full Member

Looks far more mature than our other rotation options.
  34. Feb 9, 2019

flappyjay Full Member

Very impressive cameo today.
  35. Feb 9, 2019

limerickcitykid There once was a kid from Toronto...

And he was directly at fault for handing Chelsea a goal. When your best ever performance involves gifting the opposition a goal what does it say about you?
  36. Feb 9, 2019

haram Full Member

It says that young players make mistakes. His overall approach, commitment and basics are good.
  37. Feb 9, 2019

BrianMcClair'sBarnet Full Member

Looked good.
  38. Feb 9, 2019

Based Adnan New Member

The fact he was at fault for a goal and yet still had a good game goes to show how well he performed.

Besides no-one said Chelsea was his best ever performance. You've added in 'best ever' to fit your point. Well done. Personally for me his best performance for us is Sevilla away.
  39. Feb 9, 2019

Raw Full Member

He's more dependable than the likes of Pereira and Fred at the moment.
  40. Feb 9, 2019

Freak Born a freak always a freak.

I like him. He takes responsibility and doesn’t shy away from battles.