Jump to: Man Utd 0:2 Cardiff

View full 2018-19 profile

5.4 Average rating
22 Appearances
2 Goals
2 Yellow cards
  1. Apr 11, 2019

SAFMUTD Full Member

People here talking about him replacing Matic when in fact he played in Herrera’s role. On current form he should start all the games left, also considering Herrera has had a shitty run of games lately.
  2. Apr 11, 2019

Ekeke Full Member

I'm laughing now because he didnt even play the same position as Busquets. He was almost as far forward as Pogba, far closer to him than to Fred who was playing in front of our defense :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  3. Apr 11, 2019

Intilo New Member

Barely put a foot wrong against both fecking PSG and Barcelona, he reminds me a bit of Scholes and a bit of Carrick in a way that he is press resistence, fast thinker and play a simple football, never get himself into trouble ,always fought for the ball and annoying to deal with , seems to have a good mentality and attitude as well. He will be valuable for us for the next 5 - 10 years.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  4. Apr 11, 2019

Acquire Me Full Member

Unfair comment. He deserve a lot of praise. He was superb.
  5. Apr 11, 2019

Mciahel Goodman Worst Werewolf Player of All Times Staff

I stand by this.
  6. Apr 11, 2019

Lentwood Full Member

The fact that there are still so many bashing Scott whilst sneering at any criticism of Rashford and Martial just shows how upside-down this place is

McTominay was absolutely superb yesterday, by anybody's standards. It's not the first time either, the lad delivers 9/10 and you can see that as he is getting more confident he is increasingly passing forward and getting a bit further forward himself. I think we have a genuinely good player on our hands here
  7. Apr 11, 2019

Swiss_Red89 New Member

Cant believe this. I really like Scotland and i hope they will finally get to a tournament. But how the feckin hell can they bench a player who is able zo perform so well at the biggest stage against Barca for games against teams of San Marino and Kazakhstan?
  8. Apr 11, 2019

TMDaines Full Member

Scotland have been a basket case for years. Always weird to look at the number of caps that many of their most proven players have.
  9. Apr 11, 2019

Seanus New Member

Haven't looked back over the thread and it might be a controversial comment but has anyone given Jose praise for seeing something in him that we didn't?
  10. Apr 11, 2019

KM I’m afraid I just blue myself Staff

Jose didn't play him in a position where he's excelling but he saw something in McTominay that none of us did.
  11. Apr 11, 2019

Raw Full Member

Played him at CB a couple of times too didn't he? :houllier:
  12. Apr 11, 2019

Coops73 Full Member

Played really well yesterday, loads of energy, forward thinking and I think he’ll get better too with more game time and you can tell he really wants to play for us which is a big plus when perhaps you aren’t the most “gifted” of players.

I don’t know how far or how good he’ll become but I’m chuffed for him, seems like a nice kid, not too flashy, just focused on playing well for United.
  13. Apr 11, 2019

Treble Full Member

People are desperate to find somethig positive from last night and are going OTT. I'd be surprised if non-United fans watching him were saying to themselves "wow, what a player!". It was a solid performance, nothing more. He's still 22 y.o. though, might significantly improve. Or not. Rashford is younger than him and some fans are already writing him off.
  14. Apr 11, 2019

OohAahMartial Full Member

This kid will be our Captain one day, mark my words. Certainly played more like one than our actual Captain.

Kid's got a great attitude, and has Captained as a youth before.

The guy has earned his first team spot.
  15. Apr 11, 2019

TMDaines Full Member

Pretty much all the articles and columns on the match are either trying to crowbar a Messi narrative in or praising McT as their central point.
  16. Apr 11, 2019

Treble Full Member

That's good, mate, happy to be wrong.
  17. Apr 11, 2019

Gopher Brown Full Member

Easy there. While he’s put in some good performances recently, I’m still not entirely sure what he does. He’s likely to be a squad player for the next few years then join Newcastle or someone.
  18. Apr 11, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Yep, twice infact. The first time when we got spanked away at West Ham when he had Lindelof/Bailly on the bench.

2nd time I forget who, but he was subbed at half time after having an awful performance. He built him up and destroyed him unfortunately.

Whenever he played midfield though he did look decent, but now he's much more confident and braver.
  19. Apr 11, 2019

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018 Scout

Solid performance vs one of the top teams (arguably the best in Europe) is the reason why he is getting bit of praise, especially someone who many didn't think had it in him.
  20. Apr 11, 2019

Paul_Scholes18 Full Member

He did well in midfield to be fair in the big games although him and Matic did turn out to be too defensive against weaker teams when Pogba was dropped.
  21. Apr 11, 2019

Zlatattack Full Member

Everyone should calm down a little. He had an excellent match, and I hope he turns into an excellent player for us, but if we cast our minds back, Jack Wilshire one looked incredible against Barcelona too.
  22. Apr 11, 2019

Raven Full Member

Yeah, then injuries ruined his career. He was every bit talented enough to be the best English midfielder.
  23. Apr 11, 2019

Treble Full Member

Indeed, seen against the background of the expectations it was an excellent performance. Had Pogba been a rookie, his performance would have been seen as fantastic. Expectations are key in evaluating performances.
  24. Apr 11, 2019

Pughnichi New Member

Last night was the first time I thought...wow, there’s a player in there somewhere. Well done lad. Hope it continues. I haven’t previously been a huge fan of his but he was excellent last night
  25. Apr 11, 2019

Ban Full Member

What I liked is that not only he did the defensive work and did it great, he wasn't shy of looking forward too, making passes, running to the attack, even dribbling pass players like there's nothing to it.
  26. Apr 11, 2019

Sylar Full Member

Dont know if posted, but there was a moment where he was surrounded and pressured by 3 barca players, but he somehow got out of it (first half) and then put it out wide to Young (who obviously fcked it up)

Jose played him as CM vs Liverpool (I think last season) and it was a good solid game. But wasnt allowed to push on from it. Then for some bizarre reason played him at CB (and also did the same with Herrera and Matic to try and make a point he needs a CB). But it basically wasnt good.
    McT has had more games under Ole it seems (especially a run) however dropping him for Matic (think vs Arsenal) was a mistake.
  27. Apr 11, 2019

Josh 76 Full Member

He has saved the club £50-60m
  28. Apr 11, 2019

Jay_VC New Member

Had a really solid performance. Definitely earned himself a spot in the starting XI.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  29. Apr 11, 2019

Art Art the artist

Has to start vs West Ham.
  30. Apr 11, 2019

Josh 76 Full Member

Mctomminy v Rice
  31. Apr 11, 2019

Mr H Full Member

The best thing is, he's an academy player. if he continues like that, i see no reason to not let him fight for the spot next year (without recruiting someone due to Herrera's departure).
  32. Apr 11, 2019

Stookie Nurse bell end

I think we could have a real gem on our hands here. Played with no fear whatsoever last night against one of the worlds best club sides. One of the only positives from the match.
  33. Apr 11, 2019

haram Full Member

Why are you starting with the Liverpool game? Scott was playing in big games against Chelsea and Sevilla before that match. It was the fans that didn't want Scott in the team. Jose gave him many chances when no one else would.

No he didn't. Complete lies :lol:. Jose destroys every player apparently :lol:.
  34. Apr 11, 2019

Sylar Full Member

Cos its the first solid game I can think of. Im not denying Jose gave him chances when others didnt want him to. But im glad you missed the total point of the post.

This season Jose used McT as a pawn for a game with the board.
  35. Apr 11, 2019

haram Full Member

He was solid in the Chelsea game. In fact he had shown his qualities before the Liverpool game yet the fans were always on the kids back. Apparently Scott has always been a pawn. Not just this season, but last season as well. Apparently he was also only playing because he was tall.
  36. Apr 11, 2019

adexkola Arsenal supporter

The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    Didn't see the game, but glad to see all the positive praise for his performance against a top side.

Hopefully he can use the next few years to refine his craft and add new skills. Even if he becomes a dependable squad player that is a success for our academy and tradition.
  37. Apr 11, 2019

RedDevilCanuck Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin

Some of his turns, touches and passes out of tight spaces is better than our other midfielders.

His technique is not even average, it is quite good.

And this isn't anything new. He was good last season and has gotten better.

It shows that people love a scapegoat and assume a British academy player has no technique and is simply a work horse.

That Barca midfield was giving the ball away and a shitting themselves under pressure. Scott was calm and decisive.
  38. Apr 11, 2019

flappyjay Full Member

let's be honest Jose didn't use him this well. Probably only showed this level under Jose when he man marked Hazard last season.
  39. Apr 11, 2019

haram Full Member

How about Scott is just developing, growing and getting better as a player in general? You could see the maturity in his game, he is imposing himself well and has always handled himself regardless of the opponent.
  40. Apr 11, 2019

Raw Full Member

I like how he got Messi's shirt after the game :D