Sean Dyche

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by esmufc07, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Feb 12, 2017

esmufc07 Elvis has theft the building Scout

Apologies if there is a thread. I couldn't find one (admittedly I didn't try very hard).

What do you lot make of this guy?

Think he's done a brilliant job at Burnley the last few years. Fair play for them for sticking with him when they were relegated. A lot of teams are quick to fire their manager when relegation is on the cards but they've stuck with him and are starting to reap the rewards.

He's built a solid team with limited resources. Deserves more plaudits than he gets IMO. Burnley will stay up this season.

Wouldn't surprise me if a bigger PL club came in for him in the summer.
  2. Feb 12, 2017

Bwuk Full Member

Been brilliant for Burnley. Don't they have the best home record in the league apart from a Chelsea?
  3. Feb 12, 2017

Adisa likes to take afvanadva

He's a good manager. He's turned Burnley into one of those teams you hate playing against.
  4. Feb 12, 2017

opopop New Member

Hes doing good but cant help but feel he will stick with burnley as a bigger premier team wont come in for him, until burnley eventually get relegated. Suppose he could get as far as West Brom level.

Pity theres no chance he would move up a level outside England. I say no chance cause how many British managers do that.

When is Merson starting the campaign for him to get promoted to Hull manager?
  5. Feb 12, 2017

Aint gota Kalou Full Member

He needs to get them playing away from home for a bigger club to be interested in him. He's definitely done a good job though.
  6. Feb 12, 2017

Peanut Butter Banned

Next Liverpool manager after Klopp - you read it here first.
  7. Feb 12, 2017

sun_tzu The Art of Bore

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.
    Ginger Mourinho
    Was a very good player (for our division) in his Chesterfield days.
    Met him a couple of times when he was a player and watched him run a training session with Burnley last time they were in the pl...
    Very very different to Eddie howe but certainly 2 up and coming English managers.
    To be honest I'd rather him than Southgate as England manager... but that's mostly because I don't rate Southgate at all and if nothing else I think dyche would fire the team up
  8. Feb 12, 2017

RamblingRebel Hitler dead!

I hope he stays for a good while yet and finishes the job hes started.

We been unlucky in the past with managers moving on when they are on the verge of taking the club to the next level.

The difference between Dyche and Howe/Coyle is that he gives me that belief that he believes in the club and it is capable of delivering on his ambitions...to a certain extent.

Burnley is a club with good potential and is run very very well and pound for pound probably has the best supporters in the game.

Think we need some serious investment in the stadium though if we want to establish ourselves as a decent premier league team.
  9. Feb 12, 2017

Went to Turf Moor a season or two back when you played PNE in the cup. Awful, awful stadium!
  10. Feb 12, 2017

Precaution Full Member

I hit Roy once. got up so I couldn't hit him hard
    Sounds like he could do with a whole van load of Soothers
  11. Feb 12, 2017

He reminds me of Simeone. His team knows how to completely destroy a game but at the same time, you can't really accuse them of playing bad football. Burnley play some decent stuff.
  12. Feb 12, 2017

Irrational. Full Member

He always sounds like he's just had a gravel sandwich for lunch.
  13. Feb 12, 2017

Robbie Boy Full Member

His voice is far too gravelly.
  14. Feb 12, 2017

JB08 Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

He could quite easily have 0 points away from home this season, the only one they have was at OT. Surely he can't be that great if they've lost 10 of their 11 away games this season with no wins.

I agree they're fantastic at home though, better than their squad should be, which attributes to the manager.
  15. Feb 12, 2017

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Great underrated manager. He could become "the new Allardyce" for the way you hate to play against his teams.
  16. Feb 12, 2017

Your username is long.
  17. Feb 12, 2017

Pink Moon Full Member

Supports:
    Celtic
    Up there with Mark Hughes for bitchiest manager whenever his side don't win.
  18. Feb 12, 2017

Dobbs Banned

I don't think it matters. Ultimately they're 12th in the EPL. 'Good' doesn't do that achievement justice.

As with all up and coming managers his timing on taking the next job will be crucial.
  19. Feb 12, 2017

Fener1907 Full Member

He's potentially turned them into a team worthy of the Premier League, not just hanging around and being one of those 'pointless' sides that people on here have often label them as. Still, that away record is terrible. I'm curious to see if the home form will dip and they'll be dragged towards a relegation battle towards the very end. That's what I'm thinking will happen.
  20. Feb 12, 2017

africanspur Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Not quite, 4th best after Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal having played a couple more games than them.

Still, he's done a great job with them. Next step is to improve their away form I guess.
  21. Feb 12, 2017

AR87 Full Member

Possible to show progress without winning the PL
    In fairness I think of late their away form has been improved, they just haven't got the results to support the improved level they've shown on their travels quite yet though.
  22. Feb 12, 2017

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Don't worry, i'm only gonna be Santi_87 next season ;)
  23. Feb 12, 2017

Andy Jones Full Member

Supports:
    SUNDERLAND
    I think he's doing alright. No more really. For him to be considered a good manager, he needs to get Burnley playing and picking up points away from home. Expected them to struggle again so fair play to him getting them up and pretty much safe from a relegation battle. If he can keep improving then I can see him and Howe been the main candidates for the England job the next time it comes up.
  24. Feb 12, 2017

ElQuesoGrande Banned

The next Eddie Howe. Can't help but think he'd be a better manager if his surname was pronounced "Deesh" though.
  25. Sep 16, 2017

Loses a couple of key players but continues his good work. 5 points from 9 away to Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. Not many will beat that this season.

Think if he has another good campaign this season he will get a chance at a bigger club. Could see Everton moving for him if Koeman gets fired.
  26. Sep 16, 2017

dwd Saturday Night Spies

A lovely man
  27. Sep 16, 2017

TwoSheds More sheds than you, probably

That would be a good move for him. Probably one of the only clubs it would be worth him taking a crack at yet who might actually be willing to give him a chance.
  28. Sep 16, 2017

Has Liverpool's number.
  29. Sep 16, 2017

luke511 Full Member

The way he's transformed the club is unprecedented in today's game, by far the best English manager around at the moment.
  30. Sep 16, 2017

AR87 Full Member

Possible to show progress without winning the PL
    He's defensive, but I actually think he's done a good job of adding efficient attacking players that suit a direct approach.
  31. Oct 30, 2017

Samid follows Pogue around, fixing his images

Tidy manager. Heavily linked to Everton. Guys in the MNF studio were saying that if he has ambitions of managing the top clubs then Everton should be his next step because the top clubs would be reluctant to get him straight from Burnley but happier to get him from Everton. Not sure I agree with that logic...

Everton may have a bigger budget and look more ambitious on paper but they have a terribly unbalanced squad. A disaster waiting to happen for any new manager. Hopefully he stays put at Burnley, at least until the end of the season. Think they are more than capable of finishing top half and then he will have the opportunity to move to a bigger club (if he desires) and build a good squad from scratch instead of inheriting an unbalanced squad mid season.
  32. Oct 30, 2017

TheReligion Abusive

I think he is peaking and needs to move on within the next 12 months to progress his career.

If he gets offered the Everton job he should take it.
  33. Oct 30, 2017

dogwithabone Full Member

He’s a good manager no doubt but is he any better a manager than Puel for example ? I don’t think he is and the only reason he would be wanted by a much bigger club is his Englishness. Burnley aren’t overly expansive so what would, say, Everton be seeing in him ? There’s nothing in Dyche that I see that says ‘technically brilliant manager’ or this innovative, forward thinking supremo.

He’s gruff, he’s in your face, he’s a character and he’s, er, English. Enough to land a top job ? Not in my opinion.
  34. Oct 30, 2017

Pink Moon Full Member

Supports:
    Celtic
    I agree but those 'qualities' may be exactly what Everton are needing this season rather than a more technical coach.
  35. Oct 31, 2017

luke511 Full Member

That Everton side is a train wreck, why would he give up all his hard work at Burnley to try and fix that mess..
  36. Oct 31, 2017

luke511 Full Member

He's a much better manager than you're giving him credit for.
  37. Oct 31, 2017

Runner Full Member

He's no Big Sam but he's getting there.
  38. Oct 31, 2017

automaticflare Full Member

Doug really amazing job there

I you can get Stephen fecking ward playing well in a defensive unit you are no mug.

Fair play to him. And fair play to burnley who kept him after getting relegated where many other clubs would have given him the bullet. Stability is getting rewarded.
    Still think they would snap your hand off for 17th place right now.
  39. Oct 31, 2017

King Kendrick Full Member

If you take out the current shower of shite that is the core of the Everton squad, it makes sense from a macro perspective. Let's face it, with the budget Burnley have, they would never be able to even sniff top 6, let alone make a cup run. However, at Everton, he has the assets to do just that and be able to prove that he can win, thus maybe enabling him to move to a bigger club. Plus going back to the micro, if he comes in now, there really is no pressure for him to do anything other than guide them to the lower middle of the table due to their nightmare start, which Dyche should be capable of if he has any chance of becoming a top manager.

At the same time, he's created a solid unit while basically spending pennies. His squad doesn't have any flair, which of course you can contribute to him, as each member is 100% his signing. When they were sent back to the Championship, they finished joint top scorers, so there is precedence to play a more attacking style. Sometimes managers do what is necessary to have their team win, especially one that is outgunned pretty much every night like Burnley. Not to say you're wrong, but its too quick to be dismissive of him as a traditional English manager. It's why I actually want him to take the Evreton job, because he can play defensively while trying to climb back up the table, then once that task is done see if he plays more attacking football.
  40. Oct 31, 2017

Chriss10 New Member

He certainly seems to be doing a fantastic job at Burnley.

Personally I feel he would do well to swerve the Everton job as the squad really does need another overhaul (crazy considering the money they spent this year). His stock is rising fast and that could really break his reputation if he doesn’t deliver results straight away.