Sell me the Glazers: Positive Arguments for Glazer ownership

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Lentwood, May 14, 2019.

1. Jun 8, 2019

Saffron New Member

Rio Ferdinand
    Wayne Rooney
    Scholes
    Giggs
    Cristiano Ronaldo
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy

5 of those players carried United for years after. The core of the CL winning squad was already there.

Now we have maybe two players worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as them.
  2. Jun 9, 2019 at 16:11

Shamana Full Member

The only thing I want from United owners is ambition. Barca and Real owners don't tolerate the mediocrity we endure. When we sold Ronaldo and Tevez as the best team in the world, we replaced them with Michael Owen and Valencia. Barca or Real would never have that. We have spent lots of money though post-fergie. I don't know. I just don't think the Glazers really give damn whether we are succesfull on the pitch or not. We need a world class manager that much is apparent and now we are going to go into another few years of wilderness with OGS who I hope is a success, but he isn't proven at all on this level and was a disaster in the 2nd part of his tenure last season.
  3. Jun 9, 2019 at 17:19

LonelyFire Full Member

You don’t need to think about it at all - they don’t give a damn about anything other than money....specifically money in their pocket.
  4. Jun 9, 2019 at 20:12

Tincanalley Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Sell me a dog turd in my breakfast
    Sell me an incurable disease
    Sell me a season ticket to the Kop
    Sell me the Glazers
  5. Jun 9, 2019 at 22:37

TrueRed79 Full Member

Is this thread some kind of joke? If anyone can name something positive that 'they' have done since taking over, i'm all ears. An absolute cancer to the club.
  6. Jun 11, 2019 at 00:13

Mark1361 New Member

As a fan you would hate them. But anyone in their shoes who was not a football man would do exactly the same in business your init to make money and increase your profits. Glazers are not football fans or care about the fan. They business people. They will eventually sell when the time is right and when the right offer is made to them. So far the right offer not came in from the right buyer.
  7. Jun 11, 2019 at 07:43

Rendezvous with Ronaldo New Member

Supports:
    Hartlepool
    Translation: You want them to spend even more money. Just say it as it is mate.

I agree with @zizi , the Glazers aren't that bad at all and their biggest flaw is that they don't seem to have a closer eye on Woodward. Anyone complaining at the money spent should just be clear that they want a sugar daddy, and be done with it.
  8. Jun 11, 2019 at 08:32

Saffron New Member

Or how about just spending our own fecking money? The Glazers have cost us over 1 billion since the takeover and we still have large debts that were not there before.

You know that the money the Glazers ”””spend””” is money that we have generated, right? They’re not giving it to us. Someone took over our house and is giving us an allowance of our own money.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 08:39
  9. Jun 11, 2019 at 08:39

Rendezvous with Ronaldo New Member

Supports:
    Hartlepool
    You don't care about any of that, and you know it. You care about how much has been spent and the amount of success that has come with it. Everything else is window dressing.
  10. Jun 11, 2019 at 08:45

GBBQ Full Member

This is such a strange argument. Aren't most owners spending the money their club earned rather than their own personal funds? Aren't most owners taking a healthy dividend out of the club? Its definitely a thing of percentages, the Glazers should take less and spend more for sure, but the general model of investment is the same for most teams.
  11. Jun 11, 2019 at 08:45

Needham Full Member

They're not state actors and -as of yet- haven't disgraced the club via any #MeToo shennaniganations.
  12. Jun 12, 2019 at 16:14

Shamana Full Member

True, I want them to spend silly money on the best talents out there.
  13. Jun 13, 2019 at 13:36

BelfastBoy11 New Member

The Glazers are a parasite on this club. Their leveraged takeover masterminded by Edward Woodward lumped the club with £750m debt.

Since they’ve joined they’ve taken net £1Bn out of the club, that would pay for a fine squad and some leftover for stadium renovations.

They run the club like a business, announcing financial partnerships as though we should be excited by our new tractor or noodle partners. Seriously? Where is the investment in squad and infrastructure, where is the best in class director of football and academy?

Down the road city have had a billion put in, we’ve had it taken out. That’s the difference. We don’t need a billionaire owner, we just need to have the clubs revenue go back into the club, not to the parasitic owners/shareholders.

Bring back the green and gold.
  14. Jun 13, 2019 at 14:09

Saffron New Member

Exactly. Some people will say ”oh it’s over a long period of time so 1 billion isn’t too bad”, but that’s rubbish. A well built squad can lay the foundations for a decade of success.

Remove 1 billion worth of transfers from any club from 2005 up until now and the results would be disastrous. Remove Real Madrid’s 2009-2014 transfer windows and tell me where they would be today.

They would be around our level.
  15. Jun 13, 2019 at 15:12

Fluctuation0161 Full Member

How can a United fan "not care" that the club has paid 1 billion pounds in debt? That money could've been invested in players, youth setup, ground improvements etc.
  16. Jun 13, 2019 at 15:13

Fluctuation0161 Full Member

Agreed.