Silva: The fear is over

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Relevated, May 2, 2012.

1. May 2, 2012

Relevated fixated with venom and phalluses

18M1955/JU5 - Go through the trials of life.
    David Silva had this to say....

Do we strike fear into the enemies hearts anymore? If not why? How can we change this? Is this the reason we have been having trouble a few times? Would Everton have scored 4 if they feared us or would it have been game over when we got our third?

Discuss.
  2. May 2, 2012

AlwaysRedwood Banned

They'll lose to Newcastle this weekend and be afraid again.
  3. May 2, 2012

Relevated fixated with venom and phalluses

18M1955/JU5 - Go through the trials of life.
    They are getting very cocky. Did they forget we beat them twice this season? They are due two hammerings next season fear or no fear.
  4. May 2, 2012

Dwazza Van Hernandez A Special Kind of Hipster

Haven't done so in a while, no. We don't seem to have a, or perhaps enough, game changers in the squad.

I say enough because Rooney certainly is but you can't expect him to do it all the time.

You need a few of that kind of player to get induce that fear. Roy Keane, Ronaldo, Ruud to name a few.

Anyway, is it even relevant? Some (and not just vuc or Nanners) would argue with Vidic in the squad we'd have sewn up the title a while back.
  5. May 2, 2012

ghaliboy Snitches on Tom Hagen

Yep, enjoy it until Barca come calling champ. Then you won't have to worry at all..
  6. May 2, 2012

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

8 points. Let them back from the dead. feck.
  7. May 2, 2012

SATA Full Member

Hi David

I'll bump this up when you lot drop points on Sunday
  8. May 2, 2012

GledTheRed Full Member

Gobby little cnut!
  9. May 2, 2012

Bebe Full Member

Can't see a lot wrong with what he's said. Why would they be afraid of a team in decline that they've beat home and away by a combined 7-1 scoreline and didn't concede a single shot against in the most important match of the season?

Hopefully we respond next season, for now they undoubtedly have the bragging rights.
  10. May 2, 2012

Interval Level

:lol: And they call themselves United fans!

At worse, we're in transition. Team in decline?!? Jeeez.
  11. May 2, 2012

ruddevil Full Member

David, with your reputation and all those flashy price tags (transfer fee, salary, etc.), you are not supposed to fear anyone.

Oh, small club mentality, I see.
  12. May 2, 2012

eric le roi Full Member

Some of you people really need to face up to a bit of reality and perhaps look up from your United/Fergie shrine and actually observe what has happened this season. Silva has said nothing wrong. If the boot was on the other foot we'd all be saying we'd broken them mentally and now the title was ours to lose.
  13. May 2, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

:nono::nono: what are you on about? On Monday, they won a corner and they took the chance, right before half time. Luck was with them terribly. Money probably would prove to have brought success this season, but if we can't defend our title at the end of the day, we would be losing by only goal difference which is hardly the most horrible result on planet earth. How would people like yourself look down upon our own team in such a disgraceful manner I don't know.

Well, let's see after the next two games if you still think he said nothing wrong! Have they won the title yet? Player being so cocky will always end in tears! Come on the bar code!
  14. May 2, 2012

holyland red Full Member

I'd be more worried about our negative appraoch in some big games, including the derby. I'd say we feared City more than Everton had feared us the week before.
  15. May 2, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

Well said! I never hear well decorated players like Giggs or Scholes behaving so cocky. It's their first time trying to get the taste of being the England Champions but they don't have the class to respect their opponent. Small time really!
  16. May 2, 2012

Bebe Full Member

I mean decline as in our squad has not improved/gotten worse over the past couple of seasons, the reasons for which are obvious. I'm not saying we're on our way down from the elite or something. Compared to City as well as Europe's elite, we have declined, in my opinion. I think that trend will continue for another season, maybe two, before we will start challenging for the CL again. Which, as you rightly say, is a transition.
  17. May 2, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

Honestly, this is just bollocks!
  18. May 2, 2012

Bebe Full Member

You think our current team is better than we were 2 or 3 years ago?
  19. May 2, 2012

Interval Level

That's fair. I don't disagree in the slightest that we're not as competitive in Europe as we used to be 2006-09 era and that'll continue if we stick to the current squad. But we have a few youngsters who've reached the tipping point of stepping up to European football standards or cast away. Anderson, Twins, Cleverley, Smalling will all mature as players in the coming couple of years and will form the backbone of a new team. If they don't, they'll be sold.

I think we have to show some trust in SAF's judgement of these youngsters. We should obviously try and supplement this transition by 1 or 2 top notch talents like we've done in the past and I have no doubts it will be done.

I think we're all a bit aggrieved with the lack of financial muscle in the transfer market because we're used to being top dogs whenever we wanted and due to obvious reasons, we can't keep up anymore.
  20. May 2, 2012

Crustanoid Full Member

The only way we can strike fear into opposition hearts is by winning more convincingly, more often!
  21. May 2, 2012

Kinky Melinky Banned

Nah I agree we're not in decline, but transition ? Definitely
  22. May 2, 2012

Lance Uppercut Loves turn based games

Was it luck that Hart didn't have to make a save?
  23. May 2, 2012

Tibs Full Member

Hopefully the barcodes will shut Dabid up
  24. May 2, 2012

Badunk Full Member

I am delighted that they're getting cocky. Pride comes before a fall.
  25. May 2, 2012

adam118 Full Member

Hence our Champ20ns T-Shirts :o
  26. May 2, 2012

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Everton scored 4 against us because we defended badly. Under Moyes they've always attacked us. Even back in 2008.
  27. May 2, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

I think we still strike some fear into the lower teams in the league, but we don't do it as much as we used to. I think the old saying that we used to beat sides in the tunnel very rarely applies now.

I'd almost say that it's more down to the teams we're up against though. The sides nearer the bottom of the league have changed a lot. We've seen a lot more sides like Hull, Blackpool and Wigan in recent years who approach games with no fear and go out to try and win, even if it's very unlikely. That would've been almost unheard of a decade ago for teams in their positions.
  28. May 2, 2012

eric le roi Full Member

He's saying City have beat United home and away in the league and now the title is City's to lose. Nothing cocky or disrespectful here.

Again, nothing disrespectful or cocky here, just the facts.

I'm failing to see anything here that could be construed as 'cocky'.

City were by far the better team, if you can't see that you are living in cloud cuckoo land and need to take your red-tinted glasses off and stop blindly worshipping at the United shrine.
  29. May 2, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

If we have been lucky, the goal from corner would not have been scored and we might have ended up 0-0 and this conversation would never have occurred or mattered.

Come on, it's not a performance we feel proud of but to be thinking we must win year in year out without a sugar daddy behind the scene is some spoilt rotten fans attitude. Yes, we need improvement yes, we need motivation, and yes, we need new signing... but people should stop thinking we had a horrible season. It's easy to be an armchair critic. If you have ever competed in high level sports, you will feel more forgiving and understanding.
  30. May 2, 2012

vuc First Team Serb

:lol: Please say this was intentional.
  31. May 2, 2012

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    That's because there is nothing cocky about it, le roi. Typical of people to try and make something of nothing.

I forgot about those Champ20ns tshirts. People laugh at the scousers and that but we're looking just as bad with some of the stuff we've done this season.
  32. May 2, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

Every season is different. To make comparison is inevitable granted but it's also unfair at the same time.

I would forever cherish the Cantona era when we had a born leader who was also an amazing footballer having the heart, soul and body to make amazing impact. I would forever imprint the Image of the Ole goal in 1999 in my head, and miss his impact on our success over the years.... and the list goes on and on.

But to say United is on decline is just bollock to me... if we were to finish second, and on goal difference. Did we win our trophy the easy way 2-3 seasons ago? If we have Vida captaining for us and playing in the run in, would the current result be different? Would you and some on here have changed their attitude? Football bloody hell... That's all!
  33. May 2, 2012

Varun Wants the D...

Dont think he's said much wrong really.
  34. May 2, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

I think you have mistaken between fans doing whatever supporting their team, and players who is counting the chickens before they actually lift the trophy aloft. If it's not cockiness (which hopefully comes back to haunt him), I don't know what is.
  35. May 2, 2012

Name Changed weso26

Neither do I. Should he say that he is afraid of playing United?
  36. May 2, 2012

Varun Wants the D...

He's basically said that we're a fantastic team but after having beaten us twice this season, he feels they've passed the stage where they feared us. He's also said that the result at Etihad has given them the confidence to go on and win the next 2 games.

Its all spot on and nothing cocky at all about it. Dont understand the need some feel to criticise every interview a rival player gives, whether right or wrong.
  37. May 2, 2012

Varun Wants the D...

Ohh and also, i dont think too many teams fear us anyways. We're more of a team in transition now rather than a starting 11 filled with match winners we were some years back.
  38. May 2, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

The issue here is not whether city was a better team on the day. If we haven't ruined our chance in the wagan and Everton games, the loss on Monday means feck all! Why would some United fans suddenly become so objective and make a sweep all statement we are in decline?? All because we lost a game to our biggest rival...at a crucial game, and at the worst possible time. But that game can be v Fulham, or Everton for that matter...

There is no written script we would not lose to lesser team even we have the best first 11 among all teams in the League

You and some on here are criticising others for being biased and wearing tinted glasses but you are hypocritical! All football (or any sports) supporting is based on bias, subjective sentiment, passion and overall, faith and belief, without which, supporting your team will become soulless and dull. Say whatever you will, but if we win the next two games and City lose to the Barcodes, I bet 100% you won't be accusing us of wearing tinted glasses when we are praising our players and manager, a team you or some on here branded as declining!
  39. May 2, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

How about saying NOTHING? A player who has high price tag should never be talking about being afraid or not afraid of other players/team. They are supposed to be not afraid once they are on the pitch. And if they are beforehand, they should keep it to themselves, or inside their dressing room. Statements like these are simply gloating, and before they lift the trophy aloft... is stupid and unnecessary.
  40. May 2, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

In case you did not notice, he said, "We beat them there, we beat them here" twice.. Yeah, stating the fact, but if we have not slipped in the previous two games, will these "We beat them there, we beat them here" FACT means ANYTHING?