Surreal

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by SATA, May 13, 2012.

1. May 13, 2012

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    Yeah, this whole losing the league twice really sucks balls.

Actually it almost feels like we lost it three times. Everton, the derby and again today. Most painful league run-in I can remember. Ugh.
  2. May 13, 2012

Sarni nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

If someone had asked me yesterday to come up with the worst scenario imaginable for today, I wouldn't have been able to draw up something as shit as this.
  3. May 13, 2012

Starkie_1 Full Member

I didn't once say the reason they won the league was because of injuries? If anything, I'm admitting that their backroom staff are on a different level to ours which helps their side on the pitch by keeping players fit and available.
  4. May 13, 2012

iguanamanc Full Member

Shit happens - Like most, I'd assumed the worst before the 3 pm kick-offs. We have no God-given right to keep winning Premierships. Hopefully, this will empower the owners/management to strengthen those positions that most supporters recognise need filling.
  5. May 13, 2012

Bryan_Munich Aka RichieRich12

Hopefully this time next season City will be sucking our balls.
  6. May 13, 2012

RK Full Member

I couldn't have gone any worse. Even QPR managed to not get relegated..
  7. May 13, 2012

Annihilate Now! ...or later, I'm not fussy

Yeah, I'll go along with that... most certianly three of the most painful experiences I can remember.

Here's some sick humour... Today was my brothers birthday, so I bought him a ticket to the game and we went together for it. Afterwards, he of course told me it's probably the worst gift he'd ever recieved... to which I replied, well, at least it's a present you'll remember for the rest of your life... :(
  8. May 13, 2012

iguanamanc Full Member

But if the final total matters and ends up all square, how can you argue that the team winning the two head to heads doesn't deserve it?

Only if you're related to Cyclops.
  9. May 13, 2012

Tomuś Nani is crap, I tell you!

Surreal was us preparing for celebrating. What happened next was a perfect definition of massive kick in the bollocks while having orgasm.
  10. May 13, 2012

RK Full Member

Well if we'd won on goal difference, we'd "deserve" it. Simple. The head to heads would be irrelevant.
  11. May 13, 2012

MUFCgal Full Member

We all wanted QPR to give us hope, but I don't think we wanted it in quite that way.

Some will say that it would have been easier had City just put 3-4 past QPR and saw the game out with ease.

But as the game went on, hope started to rise more and more until it was at a fever pitch. We believed we pulled off a miracle, and somehow we were going to win our 20th title.

I'm just drained, gutted and very tired now.
  12. May 13, 2012

Bryan_Munich Aka RichieRich12

It's hard to take, of course it is, but that's what sport is, the highs and the lows.
  13. May 13, 2012

Radamel FalCinao Shagawa Baby!

Oh that's rubbish. You really think our backroom staff is THAT bad in comparison to theirs? If it was, they wouldn't fecking be here.
  14. May 13, 2012

Starkie_1 Full Member

Yeh ours is completely different. Different set ups entirely. Conditional experts are a completely different field to fitness staff.
  15. May 13, 2012

I can't see how the worlds largest club can have 2nd fiddle fitness staff in comparison to others, to the extent where it causes us to have constant injury crisis in contrast to them.
  16. May 13, 2012

No they're not. It's exactly the same thing.
  17. May 14, 2012

anything about now MUFC lad living in a matriel world

10-23 Manchester United 1 - Manchester City 6
    04-30 Manchester City 1 - 0 Manchester United
  18. May 14, 2012

Joey Mac Full Member

He scores goals, galore. Betfair "Refer and E
    Still can't believe what actually happened. Never known anything like it. Absolutely crushing.
  19. May 14, 2012

Edmeiste Banned

it's starting to sink in. i just want to crawl in bed and forget this ever happened.
  20. May 14, 2012

99 red balloons Full Member

Anyone else not even nearly getting over this.

Think I must have uttered about 5 words the whole journey home from the Stadium of Light yesterday, and not been much better this morning.

In 25 years, I have never, ever felt this bad about anything football related.
  21. May 14, 2012

Yep, with you on all accounts there.

This morning has been shit.
  22. May 14, 2012

I had a radio in my ear at the ground yesterday. After I'd gone mental after the Mackie goal, it was one of the best feelings - having the news spread like a splashing puddle around me.

As soon as our whistle went, I had an audience. People in front of me, beside me and behind me all staring looking for my reactions. Kept on telling them how long to go.

Then I just sunk to my knees - and about 20 seconds later all the Sunderland fans started cheering.

These are memories I'll never be able to shake, unfortunately.
  23. May 14, 2012

MUFCgal Full Member

It took me an age to get to sleep last night. I was laying there just replaying everything in that last 5 minutes through my mind.

Today, I'm just very tired. I'm absolutely gutted. But we move on.
  24. May 14, 2012

kps88 Full Member

That moment when I switched over to the City game just as Aguero scored will probably be etched into my memory forever.

How does this compare to Leeds or West Ham? I was too young to really care about those two.
  25. May 14, 2012

SATA Full Member

I'm feeling abit better today, just a wee bit better. Time heals as they say

Can't wait for the Euros to commence and we can forget club football for a while
  26. May 14, 2012

DevilRed Full Member

Im over it already and it certainly seems like SAF is too. Judging by his comments about them being a century behind us he is fuming at the way we lost out on this battle.

There might be a silver lining in losing this year because it might force our hand in the transfer market and come next year you know that the players will be hurt and looking to set the score straight. Complacency might have crept in a bit this year considering we have won four of the last five titles before now.
  27. May 14, 2012

Why was there a cheer from a portion of our end a good few seconds after our game ended? It was that cheer made me think we'd done it...

I was just to the right of you lot in the away end, and it looked mental in there when Mackie scored...
  28. May 14, 2012

SATA Full Member

Too young to remember Leeds. We had it in our hands at West Ham, Andrew Cole couldn't hit a barn door and their goalkeeper had a stormer of all games. And news filtered through that the dippers had beaten Blackburn, doubly gutted that we fecked up ourselves. Though i would say yesterday hurt the most amongst all, as would always the most recent of memories i reckon
  29. May 14, 2012

That was agony too but it was prolonged and therefore somehow less intense. It also lacked all the painful highs and lows we've gone through in the weeks leading up to yesterday.

It was the crazy swings from being resigned to losing the title to almost certain we'd win it, to devastation in the closing moments which makes it unique. I would struggle to think of any season ever (for any club) which had such an emotionally traumatic ending.

I'm usually quite good at getting over this sort of shit but I can't let go of this one yet. I keep almost thinking it can be undone again. I can't stop fantasising about Paddy Kenny somehow grabbing hold of Aguero's shot or an offside flag going up. All very strange and unpleasant.
  30. May 14, 2012

SATA Full Member

I was at home watching it and i felt incredibly for you lot too. You've done us proud and the club proud, and a deserved applause from our players
  31. May 14, 2012

It was amazing when Mackie scored. I was surprised by how few people had radios to be honest. I think I must have been feeding information to the majority of the upper rows.

To be honest, although stone cold sober yesterday, the final few minutes were a total blur. It was weird being at our game and not concentrating on it at all. Had my hands over my ears cupping the headphones.

I vaguely remember a cheer in our end about 10 seconds after the whistle went. But that must have only been a few seconds before Aguero scored, so it was quickly quelled.

I guess it's chinese whispers in that sort of scenario as well. It somehow got round that it was 2-2 at City on about 80 mins, had literally everyone around me asking if it was true.

I think, to sum up, it's the hope that's killed us all. And for about 5 seconds, we actually started to think we'd done it.

But I must admit, me celebrating the Mackie goal, while everyone else was still around me ... and then it just spread ... was truly magical. Shame it meant feck all.
  32. May 14, 2012

SATA Full Member

Me too, all the what ifs and what nots. I doubt we'll ever experience something like this ever again, not in our lifetime. Might yet take a couple more days to get over this, or even perhaps till the next signing is announce
  33. May 14, 2012

To those asking about West Ham, or saying that it could not have been lost in a more painful way ... I think the ONLY consolation we can take is that we did our job (yesterday, shame about the last three weeks).

I was at West Ham as well - although only 14, I remember being gutted in a very different way. I guess yesterday, at least we didn't lose it by throwing away a last minute equaliser. SCANT consolation though.
  34. May 14, 2012

SATA Full Member

I don't know, i would probably have felt better if we had indeed thrown away a last minute equaliser yesterday and City winning 3-2 in that manner they did. But still they only won it on goal difference
  35. May 14, 2012

I've also got a video on my phone of everyone around me, watching me for news of full-time just after our whistle went. Then I just sink to my knees.

Can't bring myself to watch it. Not deleted it yet. But I soon shall.
  36. May 14, 2012

Oh yeah, of course. That would have been a little better.

But what I mean is imagine they'd only drawn 2-2 (very possible at one point) and then Sunderland nicked a 90th minute equaliser.

Haha, I'm clasping at straws here. I'm utterly depressed by how close we got. No two ways about it.
  37. May 14, 2012

Heardy Full Member

Hope is a cruel mistress, and she flirted with us all yesterday.

It's taken 13 years, but only know can I understand how the Bayern fans felt in '99.

I am proud that we did our job yesterday though. We took City to the wire, and lost on goal difference, minor differences over the course of a remarkable season.

We'll be back in August, and City will have the added pressure of maintaining their success. I like the idea that we'll come out gunning for them. I just hope we can get our squad fit, and then we'll be up there again come May.
  38. May 14, 2012

True. All of the best feeling titles are the ones won after not winning it the previous year.

Someone tweeted something yesterday though, which was a bit gutting.

"Utd were 1 point and goal difference away from six in a row"...
  39. May 14, 2012

Denis' cuff Full Member

to a degree but they won it on goal diff not 10 pts ffs - injuries have been a big issue but there have been other issues that you've raised elsewhere which should've been sorted
  40. May 14, 2012

They did, but like it or not, they took 6 points off us and scored more goals overall, and played better football throughout the season. They deserved the league, goal difference or not.