Tahith Chong

Discussion in 'Reserve/Youth Forum' started by KM, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Jun 8, 2018

Dolf Full Member

Nah mate, this is Messi's and Gullit's lovebaby.
  2. Jun 8, 2018

lysglimt Full Member

we could sign Shane Long and Gaetan Bong - and the commentator would probably be sued by quite a few asians for mocking them! :)
  3. Jun 8, 2018

Inigo Montoya Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Sign Dong
  4. Jun 23, 2018

SwansonsTache incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

Give him some of Fred the PED's supplements. With the lack of RW's out there we need him soonish.
  5. Jun 27, 2018

Festive Sandvich New Member

Just catching up on the thread and saw this beauty, worth promotion to first team just for this :lol:
  6. Jun 27, 2018

Florida Man Cartoon expert and crap superhero

I'd prefer Dong coming from the back
  7. Jul 4, 2018

MUFC OK Full Member

Can't we source some of the sh*t Messi was on and make him the greatest player of all time?

seriously though, I'd love to see him as part of the first team this year and for us to actually play him. Pre-season tour will be interesting but I'd be surprised if he gets more than about 150 mins of football for us next season.
  8. Jul 12, 2018

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

In the Pre-Season Squad.

1:26

9. Jul 12, 2018

SuperiorXI Full Member

Good news, looking forward to see what he can do.
  10. Jul 13, 2018

TheFlagStaysDown New Member

Supports:
    Shamrock rovers
    Seeing his hair in the first photos made me excited already about him, hope he stays fit and inpresses in the preseason, think he’s got potential to be amazing winger, better than Rash
  11. Jul 13, 2018

Rozay Master of Hindsight

Have high hopes for him this season and expect him to make an impact on the team from pre-season.
  12. Jul 13, 2018

AltiUn likes playing with swords after fantasies

As do I. Very little competition, so far, on his favoured wing could really give him a great opportunity to break into the first team.
  13. Dec 6, 2018

Oldgiggsfan New Member

Would love to see him to get a few minutes on the wing over the next month, especially with injuries happening thick and fast.
  14. Dec 6, 2018

freeurmind weak willed

Problem is there's about 15 players competing for the forward positions already. Might get a run out in the FA Cup 3rd round.
  15. Jan 12, 2019

RedMachine03 Poster of Articles

16. Jan 12, 2019

Mr PG New Member

My assessment having watched him live is ...ability wise he has it all... mental wise he needs improvement as in timing of his runs. Rashford for instance times his runs and stops perfectly. Chong doesn’t and does everything at 100m/hr which is easier for a good defender to deal with.
  17. Jan 12, 2019

Thiagoal Full Member

I think in a couple of years he could become a beast... needs to fine tune a few things and certainly strengthen before that happens. Great potential though
  18. Jan 12, 2019

Kostov Full Member

The kid is quality, we must do our best to integrate him in our first team squad. One thing I love about him the most, is his willingness to take defenders on and try to beat them. If he manages to transform that to senior level football, we will at least have a RW who does not go backwards and shies away from defenders.
  19. Jan 12, 2019

Trizy New Member

Only this season, really. He was a headless kick the ball past the defender and try out sprint him up until this year.

I'd imagine it has a lot to do with his international coaching because he definitely didn't learn it from Jose.

Anyway, Chong will get that with experience.
  20. Jan 12, 2019

Champagne Football Full Member

He's ready for a loan away. Hoffenheim or Derby or something would be good
  21. Jan 12, 2019

Bestietom Full Member

I watched the under 23's last night against Fulham, (3-1 to Fulham) and Chong was the star man. He got a lot of hard treatment but just got up and got on with it. Gomes has great close control and can pick a pass and for his size, can look after himself also.
  22. Jan 12, 2019

Maagge enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

To be honest most on the caf' could deal with that. ;)
  23. Jan 13, 2019

red thru&thru Full Member

Agree. Bundasliga seems like the place a top young talent will be able to apply his trade. If reports are correct, Marco Rose will be managing Hoffenheim next year, so if they’d accept someone like Chong, it would be great.
  24. Mar 8, 2019

RedMachine03 Poster of Articles

25. Mar 8, 2019

RexHamilton Gumshoe for hire

Despite getting a few minutes this season, he'll still likely get minutes in only the League and maybe FA cups if he stays next year. A loan to a lower PL/Championship club could be great for him.
  26. Mar 8, 2019

pascell Full Member

Means we've got plans to sign a winger in the summer? Surely we're not going to rely on Mata an Sanchez on the wings for another season and not sign anyone
  27. Mar 11, 2019

In Rainbows Full Member

Would love if Chong gets a loan to the Eredivisie. He's really skinny so I would think it would benefit him more to go to a league that protects its attacking players more than England. That's only for next season though. I'm sure he'll fill out after that and should start playing in England from that point on.
  28. Mar 11, 2019

Inigo Montoya Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I think if he goes on loan to Eredivisie it would be a retrograde step. I'd prefer Germany
  29. Mar 11, 2019

Kostov Full Member

Sending him on loan would be a very good decision. But finding a proper club I have very little confidence in our management. Good club in Germany could do wonders for Chong, he has got bags of potential.
  30. Mar 11, 2019

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

I don’t think a loan is the right move for all players. Look at Rashford’s development.

We have got the capacity for his type of player in the squad right now which means that even if he is not playing actual matches, he will be getting minutes in training games with first team players.

I think he is a real talent and our set of coaches are the best ones to help him realise that potential.
  31. Mar 11, 2019

Rozay Master of Hindsight

Think he needs a loan for sure. Certainly as much for mental development as physical. He can’t show what he can do if he continually gets stage fright whenever he gets on the pitch.
  32. Mar 11, 2019

RedSky likes to kick 10-year-olds Scout

Sending attacking players like Chong on loan is very tricky. Can do more harm than good imo.
  33. Mar 11, 2019

SSSSnake Full Member

I don't see any harm in a loan. Will build character and give him a platform to show his abilities. He's better off getting game time rather then just training with the first teams squad.
  34. Mar 11, 2019

MadMike Full Member

It could be that keeping him here is better for his talent development but he's gonna need some experience sooner rather than later. Rashford was starting for us when he was 18, Chong at 19 doesn't yet look ready.

I think what's more worrying for him is that he seems to have been leapfrogged by Greenwood who's a couple of years younger and getting minutes in Chong's natural position. I mean he might be talented but there's only that many team spots available for youngsters especially when Lingard and Sanchez return to action.

Speaking of Lingard, he was same age when he started going on loan and he developed fine. He certainly reached his potential. So it's not all doom and gloom, going on loan. There are risks of course too, but there's also risks attached with being perennially protected yet not played.

I'm not saying he should go on loan, I'm saying it's not as clear cut that staying is best for him.
  35. Mar 11, 2019

horsechoker Sailor vee, this is a right off.

If we're bringing in more attacking forwards then it can't hurt, he's already 3rd/4th choice so a loan spell will do more for his development than sitting on the bench here. Look at how much Sancho has progressed since playing regular first team football.
  36. Mar 11, 2019

MadMike Full Member

Sancho's move was permanent, not loan. Big difference. Clubs that own you are invested in your development as player because they'll also see value out of it. They'll be more patient. If you're a loanee, they want you to perform and if you don't, there's nothing in it for them to persevere with you.
  37. Mar 12, 2019

In Rainbows Full Member

Yep. Only way to curb that is 2 year loans because the first year could be a preparation for the 2nd season.
  38. Mar 12, 2019

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Reiss Nelson is on loan and doing well
  39. Mar 12, 2019

DrRodo Full Member

I hope we dont pull another Januzaj with him
  40. Mar 12, 2019

RedSky likes to kick 10-year-olds Scout

He started off well when a few of Hoffenheims first teamers were injured but got benched in favour of their normal starting players (despite scoring 5 goals in 5 games) and there lies the problem with loans.