Talk(rubbish about)Sport

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Colin129, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Mar 13, 2010

Colin129 Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    I've seen a few threads about this and about the nonsense they talk about sport (and other things too).

Here's your opportunity to put it all the rubbish they talk in one place. Whether its the tongue in cheek stuff or Mike Parry's pontificating about things he knows absolutely nothing about.

If they make any sensible points, we have to be fair & include them too, I suppose.

Perhaps in a few months I'll send the whole lot off to them in an e-mail and they'll put some presenters on who have half a clue what they are actually talking about.

A few little ones to start you off:

Darren Gough was saying yesterday that David Beckham used to be a Spurs supporter and he kept repeating it to make a point. As far as I knew he was Red through & through, but perhaps Goughy knows best?

Just heard them laying into Stoke for their style of play concerning the long throw. If they can win matches doing it and keeps them in the PL, fair play to them. They have found a tactical advantage its up to the other teams to find a way to counter it. You can't just say its not football...

A few weeks ago Stan Colloymore was going on about Danny Murphy for England. Mark Saggers was there telling him not to be so stupid, but he just wouldn't let it go.

And don't even start me on George Galloway, that man shouldn't even be on Radio spreading his unpleasant opinions and thankfully he isn't any more. The guy who has replaced him on the late show, Ian Collins, is quite funny sometimes.

Mark Saggers seems to be the voice of reason in general, Alan Brazil usually talks sense and manages to keep Ronnie Irani in check enough so that he tends to talk sense most of the time too. The Moose, despite everyone taking the piss out of him, is a generally good sports reporter.

So guys, if you hear it on Talk(rubbish about)Sport, commit it to memory and get it down here. Then perhaps we can rid the airways of mediocracy.

Did I mention Andy Townsend? :houllier: Does that guy actuallly know anything AT ALL about sport, if you saw him on ITV in midweek during the Milan match, it really was embarressing, even putting him next to Mike Parry doesn't make him look good!!
  2. Mar 13, 2010

EdWeatherall TFD

They don't care

They're presenters in the main I'm sure don't actually believe the shite they spout, and I'm sure if you analysed it properly you would find presenters having contradictory views one month to the next.

But it's how they work, one guy makes the ridiculous statement, and then morons phone up on an expensive line to tell them that it's wrong.
  3. Mar 13, 2010

Gio Full Member

Darren Gough is a cretin.
  4. Mar 13, 2010

Makki QUITTER

freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
    I think that Beckham's dad was a Spurs supporter and wanted him to play for them, or something like that.
  5. Mar 13, 2010

bergen Author of gayest thread 07/08

Beckham trained with spurs when he was a kid but repeatedly showed up for practice in his United kit. He was always a United supporter.
  6. Mar 13, 2010

radd Full Member

Nope. His dad and grandad were both Reds IIRC. It was his mum's dad who was a Spurs supporter and wanted him to play for them.
  7. Apr 1, 2010

This little nugget on Talkshite.

Yesterday, after Rooney's injury it was all about England and only a passing mention about United, today with Fiberglass's injury its all about Arse & barely a mention about Spain. Bunch of idiots.

Thay also had a phone in, ahead of Chelski's visit to OT, on whether you want the other teams best player to get an injured. The majority of the United fans said we want to beat the best. Chelski fans are glad that Rooney is injured, The Scouse (bastard) who called in was 'made up' that Rooney was injured in the hope that we wouldn't get number 19.

Razor Ruddock was the co-presenter, had the class to say he would never wish an injury on another player where as the other guy an ex-Chelski player (can't remember his name) was gald when Rooney went down, despite the fact that he knows what it is like to come back frm injury...no class.
  8. Apr 1, 2010

duffer Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's

Why do you listen to it if it's so shit?
  9. Apr 1, 2010

Name Changed weso26

Are you surprised?
  10. Apr 1, 2010

Not sure TBH, but there isn't much else on...

Just noticed your a Chelski fan...so what do you think?
  11. Apr 1, 2010

cold-zebra Clare Baldings Daughter

They're Englishmen talking about the chances of an Englishman making the English World Cup squad. Hardly a bloody crime.
  12. Apr 1, 2010

Bearded but no genius Full Member

They were more than that.

They were gleefully delighting in the fact he was going to be nice and rested and not worn out from working too hard for those horrible slavemasters who are his actual employers, and for whom he plays football ten months of every year for.

Jason Cundy is Chelsea's very own Cal?.
  13. Apr 1, 2010

About Rooney getting injured? I'd rather he didn't as i'm also an England fan.

With regards to oppo players in general getting injured i'm honestly not too fussed. We can beat anyone. We can (and did) beat you with Rooney and we can also lose to you without him.
  14. Apr 1, 2010

cold-zebra Clare Baldings Daughter

Fairy nuff.
  15. Apr 1, 2010

Actually, I used to listen to the Breakfast show on the way to work & that was generally wuite acceptable, its most of the rest that's the problem (see OP)

And completely ignoring the fact that he's a United player in between. Radio 5 live gave a far more balanced view this evening talking about United/Arse first, as that is the more immediate issue as it may seriously effect both our chances then taking about England/Spain afterwards & giving reasonably equal prominance to both.
  16. Apr 1, 2010

When I was off work for a few months I listened to the H and J show in the afternoon. That always seemed totally out of place on that station (insofar as it was funny and not a WUM to get people to phone in).
  17. Apr 1, 2010

Thats the tosser, I was going to ring up and wish a nasty sore throat on him so that we wouldn't have to listen to his drivel for 3 or 4 weeks...
  18. Apr 1, 2010

Plan M Banned

I can't stand that fat, rugby player lookalike Jason Cundy.

His accent annoys the feck out of me too.
  19. Apr 1, 2010

Their Europa League coverage tonight is hilariously bad.
  20. Apr 1, 2010

I agree, that's really funny.

I actually used to like when Ian Wright was on with Adrian Durham.

They had enough funny in-jokes between the wumming to make it worthwhile.
  21. Apr 1, 2010

OneUnited24 Full Member

Also i think with RVP/Arshavin/Gallas out losing Fabregas aswell is more harmful to Asnls chances to win the title then us losing Rooney for 2-3 games
  22. Apr 1, 2010

EdWeatherall TFD

Yep, H+J is the best thing on there, unfortunately I always forget to switch off before Adrian Durham comes on
  23. Apr 1, 2010

Jason Cundy on TalkSport saying he "felt he got the refereeing decisions right", but then says he could think of two decisions where they could have put Benfica down to 10 men. Why?

Just because you'd like LFC to win (oddly going all patriotic, considering you're a rent boy and you were gleeful at the idea of United going out yesterday) there's still no requirement to level up the number of players when a team has a sending off. That's surely the very worst instinct of a referee - "evening it up" is total rubbish and defies the point of punishing the original offence in the first place.

Now they're going into a "a tackle from behind is a yellow card" and "he's shunned his responsibility" by not sending off several Benfica players for Torres' antics.

Bobby Gould says they shouldn't use Swedish referees for the very top games in Europe.

Does someone want to tell him it's Thursday night?
  24. Apr 1, 2010

:lol:

Oh sorry wrong thread...:lol: