Teachers (Channel 4)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vidic_In_Moscow, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Feb 13, 2018

Vidic_In_Moscow Full Member

Supports:
    i stink
    Anyone else remember this show on Channel 4 about 20 years ago?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280330/

Has your man from The Walking Dead in it, I thought it was a brilliant show at the time, very underrated. Tempted to watch it again. I remember after a certain season almost all of the original main group of teachers aren't in it any more though and it was a bit shit at the end.
  2. Feb 14, 2018

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

I loved it. I picked it up really from series 3, and often you like what you regard as the "Orignal" of something, so I never got as hung up as some on the loss of the early characters.
    Series 4 I thought was decent too, but once i'd watched back 1 & 2 I could see how people reacted less favourably to it.

Otherwise, such a great series, really long episodes, 45-50min type length, not these 22min tight wad jobs, and loads of episodes in a series too.
    Excellent.
  3. Feb 14, 2018

limerickcitykid There once was a kid from Toronto...

I think I got to the 4th series and there was an episode where all the links to it I could find the sound didn't match the picture so I never finished the show. It was very good before that.
  4. Feb 14, 2018

redspoony Full Member

Season one was excellent, season two good, after that....meh.
  5. Feb 14, 2018

12OunceEpilogue Full Member

Yes, one of them shows that went on after its stars left so in the end you were left with the B and C team and very few original characters.

Andrew Lincoln was great, as were the two blokes from A Touch of Cloth. Endeavour and the hot phorensics woman from the new Midsomer Murders were pretty good, as were the Geordie and the lad from the first series of I'm Alan Partridge. It definitely lost quality with every series and by the end it was well past it, but was good when it was fresh.
  6. Feb 14, 2018

Supports:
    i stink
    I remain really surprised at how low-key this show was kept at the time. It got very little promotion if I remember yet it was a high quality show with good actors and as someone has said many long episodes per season. I remember it to be really funny too. Definitely going to rewatch!
  7. Feb 14, 2018

redspoony Full Member

Decent music in it too, for the time.
  8. Feb 14, 2018

Supports:
    i stink
    It does have a young James Corden in it unfortunately. You can see already that he's a twat in the making but it doesn't spoil the show too much.
  9. Feb 15, 2018

Thunderhead Full Member

Supports:
    City
    loved the first two series