Tevez's on again, off again, on again, "I hate Manchester - sob sob", transfer saga

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by MUFCgal, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Apr 30, 2012

Neo_Mufc Full Member

2. Apr 30, 2012

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

Worried about tevez for tonight. He might be a moody fecker but he's definitely got the balls for the big occasion. Not fancying him and aguero up against our defence.
  3. Apr 30, 2012

unitedbhoy Full Member

Unfortunately I feel the same. Tevez is the danger man for sure. I think my money is on him to score tonight :( I feel sick.
  4. Apr 30, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

It's just an absolute joke of a club in that sense. I'm fine with them spending lots of money -that's absolutely fine in the modern day- but this goes beyond that and shows that they are happy to sell the soul of their own club for success.

You know, it wouldn't surprised me if this was actually false, but Mancini had told Tevez just to say it anyway to give a boost to the club for tonight.
  5. Apr 30, 2012

Lance Uppercut Loves turn based games

This turd has the potential to seriously haunt us tonight.
  6. Apr 30, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

I will feel unbelievably aggrieved if he goes out and wins them the title. He just doesn't deserve to be the one that wins them the Premier League title.
  7. Apr 30, 2012

I'm not so sure about that. They've spent decades in the shadow of their neighbors. Now they have a chance to finally win the title after ages. If it takes a player who threw a hissy fit and went off wandering to come back and help out having apologized then so be it. It's not ideal for sure. But I don't think anyone's sold their soul regarding that one.
  8. Apr 30, 2012

We've given him the opportunity, though.

But we can still deny him as well.
  9. Apr 30, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

Hissy fit just doesn't describe it though. He did more than that. He went into exile for half the season and just abandoned them. He treated the club like it was a meaningless, absolute joke. It's laughable that he's been able to do all that and get away with it in the end anyway.
  10. Apr 30, 2012

As I said, it's not ideal. I'm sure in a perfect scenario City would have preferred to have won the title without him and told him to find himself a home in exile rather than coming back as and when he wanted, but given there's a title to be won against their bitter rivals, who they've been miles behind for aeons, the club's interest surely has to be put ahead of egos. He's apologized and if he can be used for the club's benefit then I don't see why not. He is working hard for the cause now after all. It's not as if he's come back and owning the dressing room and doing as he pleases. He's winning them points and driving them forwards.
  11. Apr 30, 2012

Lance Uppercut Loves turn based games

Football being what it is, I am kind of expecting it.
  12. Apr 30, 2012

Drifter American

13. Apr 30, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

It may benefit them now, but does it really benefit the club in the long term? I think this could have sent out a message for the future that at this club, no individual is bigger than the club, but it's turned out to have the opposite effect. Players will look at this scenario and realise that if they're the clubs best/one of the best players then they could do this and get away with it if they give a measely apology.

Imagine this scenario, we win tonight and win the title. Next season, it's a similar situation going into this game, only the two teams are level on points. City, with Tevez, haven't bought a new world class forward over the summer and Aguero is injured. Before the game though, Tevez announces that he wants to leave the club and refuses to play. We then go out and win the game, and win the title. In this scenario, Man City get nothing at all.

Now, imagine this scenario. Tevez does not return for City this season, and we win the title comfortably in the end. Over the summer though, City bin him to send out a message that no player is bigger than the club. City then sign Van Persie to replace him. RVP has a brilliant season like Tevez would have, however pulls no funny antics, plays in the derby I referred to, wins them the game and wins them the title.

In this case, the club have not only sent out a better message in scenario B, but they've also ended up being more successful over a longer period of time in scenario B as well.

That's what is great about Fergie in a sense. By bringning back Tevez, City were only looking to the next couple of months. When Fergie does something though, he's often looking to the next couple of years. He plans long term, to bring us more success long term. That's what separates great clubs and great managers for me. It's not about what you win instantly. If you show patience and do things right, then you're more likely to get rewarded long term.
  14. Apr 30, 2012

gooDevil Worst scout ever

Rooney apologized for drinking before the Blackburn game, but SAF still made him sit out. Being in control of the team is ultimately more important than any game's or season's results.

Accepting Tevez back is going to have a great cost to that team in the long run, I have no doubt, just like is SAF let a player walk all over him.
  15. Apr 30, 2012

kf Full Member

Even the Berties must have figured out by now that the guy's a brainless twat. Hope the boys keep him quiet tonight and he gets subbed off, takes off his City shirt, throws it on the ground in front of Mancini and pisses on it.

They'd still play him against the Barcodes though...

The twat's going to score isn't he?:nervous:
  16. Apr 30, 2012

finneh Full Member

If Rooney acted like that before the City game I am cynical as to whether he'd be dropped.

It's pretty simple dropping someone against the bottom league team at home.
  17. Apr 30, 2012

Antisocial Full Member

Guaranteed :(
  18. Apr 30, 2012

If he delivers them the title, how does it really matter? And if he gets rid of Tevez in the summer after having gotten from him what suited the club, I'd say that's a pretty decent degree of control exercised.

In the end it's about the end result. That's all that really matters. If Mancini can use the situation to deliver results/the title and not have any major repricussions in the long run then that's the best result for his club.

The point is if you can actually get both - the result and lay down the law both at the same time, then there's nothing like it.
  19. Apr 30, 2012

I do see the long term benefits of keeping the fundamentals and principles of the way the club is run intact, obviously. Personally, I wouldn't have let him back. However, none of us really know what's happened behind the scenes. Different clubs are run differently. It is possible for this not to become a precedent and to be treated a one-off for a common cause, even amongst the City players and staff.
  20. Apr 30, 2012

Brophs The one and only

I'm going to throw a massive tantrum if he scores.
  21. Apr 30, 2012

Solius Has a massive ginger bush

I might put a bet on him scoring. It's bound to happen.
  22. Apr 30, 2012

StuCol Chimp

Can't believe anyone is surprised by Tevezs u-turn. Let's face it, he was off for a good 6 months, with his agent touting him all over the place. Long enough for him to realise that no other club is stupid enough to pay him what city are.
    The idea that he has fallen in love with Manchester all of a sudden is, frankly, laughable.
    He's just realised that following his antics any move is likely to cost him about £100k a week, so he might as well at least see out his mega money contract at city.
  23. Apr 30, 2012

MUFCgal Full Member

If he scores tonight, wins them the match or the league, then he'll be the best thing since sliced bread.

At the end of the day, everybody at City and also their fans won't care if he fires them to glory, as long as they have that PL trophy come May.

It's pathetic really. He's taken them for a ride, he's cost them games through his absence. Maybe they would have the title won by now if he played all season, who knows.

The point is they have no self respect or dignity whatsoever. When Mancini said Tevez would never play for the club again, he should have stood by his word. Does the man have no principles?
  24. Apr 30, 2012

RedLars Full Member

[​IMG]

Rafael will take care of him, so no worries.
  25. Apr 30, 2012

Adebesi Full Member

I hope Rafael makes himself a snood out of Tevez' nutsack.
  26. Apr 30, 2012

Love that picture!

"You want to see crazy?!"
  27. Apr 30, 2012

Carl has permanently erect nipples

I can't understand why any City fan would want him at the club. He's been so disrespectful it's unreal.

Granted he's a quality player but if it was me I wouldn't want the circus to carry on. Which it will do.
  28. Apr 30, 2012

Varun Wants the D...

Yep, get the feeling he'l score today and i'l end up breaking something. Tevez and Suarez, never hated a player the way i hate these 2.
  29. Apr 30, 2012

Bryan_Munich Aka RichieRich12

One of the things that differentiates their club from ours.

Long may it continue.
  30. Apr 30, 2012

Brophs The one and only

Don't his wages go up massively if they win the league? Nice work if you can get it.
  31. Apr 30, 2012

Pexbo Takes body parts and sells them on Amazon.

I was going to but then I can just see him assisting Toure and Aguero and getting all the plaudits and me getting none of the money.
  32. Apr 30, 2012

Sam Full Member

It's inevitable that he's gonna score tonight.

The massive fecking cnut.
  33. Apr 30, 2012

He can score as long as we win.

Mancini's 'Tevez destined to score most important goal in City's history' crap is even worse than his 'we can win the title' nonsense. And of course they contradict each other.

It would be live Judas turning out to be the son of God.
  34. Apr 30, 2012

holyland red Full Member

I disagree. If you waited 40-odd years for the title you'd have Bin Laden clinching it for you.
  35. Apr 30, 2012

Neo_Mufc Full Member

:lol:
  36. Apr 30, 2012

holyland red Full Member

And Ballotelli will score another when he should not have been available at all following the Emirates game?
  37. Apr 30, 2012

My point was that we wouldn't be so desperate, and more importantly there's no way Fergie would have allowed him back in the same circumstances.
  38. Apr 30, 2012

kps88 Full Member

If he scores and wins them the title it will just go to show being in control of your team and having principles, sometimes means feck all when it comes to good players. Just ask Terry and Suarez after the weekend.
  39. Apr 30, 2012

Not in the long run.
  40. Apr 30, 2012

Red For Ever Full Member

I have faith in Uniteds players, they will not need firing up, but SAF will do it anyway.

We will win 1-0 Tevez OG at 89 mins