The 2012 FA Cup Final

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by 77, Apr 15, 2012.

1. May 6, 2012

NoLogo Full Member

True. That's why I hope they will lose it.

I mean in the end you could still claim that winning any silverware is better then non and still have a point but then again I never considered the community shield a trophy worth mentioning.

There is a reason why we play our reserve players in this competition.
  2. May 6, 2012

Vato Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Oh yeah, no doubt about that. The scousers would swap positions with you guys in a heartbeat, even if you finish second in the league. I'm not so sure Chelsea would do the same considering they still have a shot at yet another main trophy this year.

Am I right in thinking if Chelsea win the CL they get into next year's CL campaign? They changed that a few years ago when the scousers won it and were in danger of not getting in the next year, right?
  3. May 6, 2012

prateik City Fan

Yep
    If Chelsea win the FA cup and the CL, they wouldve had a fantastic season. Probably even better than City (except the psychological boost of winning the title after all these years).
    If they dont win the CL though, and finish outside the top 4, it will dampen it.
    Still, the FA cup is a big one and Chelsea can do without the CL money for a season without much problem.

Liverpool on the other hand.. just the league cup and a poor premier league campaign.. not good enough.
    It'll be funnier if Everton finish above them in the league.
  4. May 6, 2012

Magnus Another mad swede

If we somehow manage to win the league I´d rather have that than winning the FA-cup and the CL and I do love the FA-cup. It´s just that the League is THE ONE for me. To say that Liverpool had had a better season than us with their Mickey Mouse achievement is madness. They are almost 40 points below us and long may it continue
  5. May 6, 2012

rcoobc Not as crap as eferyone thinks

What competition?
  6. May 6, 2012

Vato Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    I think he means the community shield.
  7. May 6, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

That's fair enough, but the original claim was that Chelsea AND Liverpool have had a better season than us, which is clearly not true considering we've still had a better season than Liverpool.
  8. May 6, 2012

Plechazunga Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan

Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
    Nah, CL + FA Cup is surely worth more than the league. We've only won the European Cup three times, need to sort that out.
  9. May 6, 2012

antihenry Full Member

How come media didn't condemn Liverpool fans booing national anthem before the game?
  10. May 6, 2012

77 Full Member

Being unpatriotic is hardly the same as disrespecting the dead.
  11. May 6, 2012

antihenry Full Member

I didn't compare the two, just asked why it wasn't mentioned.
  12. May 6, 2012

Dumbstar Full Member

I have been trying to explain this to my Chelsea mate. Looking at Newcastle and Spurs results today, if Chelsea had played Drogba and Ramirez (in their top form) they would have beaten Newcastle and be looking up at getting a possible third off Arsenal.

It might have meant handing us the FA Cup, but is that such a price to pay for the millions in CL money next season? If Downing/Suarez/Carroll gave this much trouble to a first choice Chelsea backline (in the last 20 mins anyway) then there's no way Chelsea are reaching the CL next season by beating Ribery/Gomez/Robben with Bobo and Coco as their CB partnership.

ps. Liverpool have not had a better season than Chelsea or Manutd. Stupid comment.