The Disappearance of Madeleine Mccann Netflix Documentary

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Sara125, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Mar 21, 2019

BluesJr Full Member

Eddie and Keela are spot on. Jail them ASAP.
  2. Mar 21, 2019

sullydnl Ross Kemp's caf ID

It was indeed.
  3. Mar 21, 2019

Minimalist Full Member

Don't think the dogs were wrong necessarily and Edie was pretty certain about it. But clearly there was lots of people staying in that apartment prior to the McCanns.
  4. Mar 21, 2019

I will happily accept that there are many things we will never know about this case.

However, anyone who thinks the McCanns were driving around with their daughter's dead body in the boot of their car a month after they had reported her missing is a straight up moron.
  5. Mar 21, 2019

CassiusClaymore Is it Gaizka Mendieta? Scout

Next step being the difference between murder and accidental death which he literally flits between in the same post. I'm done.
  6. Mar 21, 2019

CassiusClaymore Is it Gaizka Mendieta? Scout

Occam's Razor - Michael Jackson was a roboplegic wrong cock.
  7. Mar 22, 2019

Stick Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Just read a few posts and to give you an idea of how difficult it is to isolate DNA/fingerprint evidence. I was robbed a while back and I called the police to look over the house. This was a small robbery and nothing serious but I obviously reported it to police and told friends and family. Within a few minutes I had about 6 visitors to my house all wishing to see how I was and they arrived 2 hours before the police did. When the police arrived they took note of the incident and then sent out an officer to dust for prints etc later that day. The result was that about 10 people had visited my private residence in about 4 hours. Needless to say when we got the fingerprint results back they were inconclusive because I we hadnt preserved the scene. Also there were so many unknown finger prints that we could never assess which ones could be the robbers.

Mine was a very low priority case but from watching the McCann case the GNR arrived after 3 hours. This is a local police force and didnt have the experience to preserve the scene of a potential kidnapping. This was also not a private residence so the amount of prints and DNA material here would make it nigh on impossible to prove or disprove anything. I think shows like CSI and SVU have made people think that it's dead easy to identify criminals by DNA evidence but actually it's really difficult and most cases are weighed by probability due to peoples movements and stories. I think the McCann's have gone through enough pain with losing a daughter and trial by media.
  8. Mar 22, 2019

Rooney24 Full Member

Have you heard the term "You have the right to remain silent"?

Its not "You have the right to remain silent but if you do so this is an admission of guilt."
  9. Mar 22, 2019

Keefy18 Full Member

Lovely to log into the cafe this morning with a endless list of notifications :)

I've no doubt their lawyer advised that.

How is there zero to gain from it? She was questioned in the weeks after her disappearance? Should they not of been questioned at all? If my own child went missing I'd be fully complicit with law enforcement and aiding them in their investigation... IF I had nothing to hide.

Again, family members / loved ones are invariably guilty in cases of murder / manslaughter and kidnappings.

Feel free to waaay back before I started being absolutely slaughtered by snow flakes on here... I always contested it was manslaughter. It's amazing the amount of times that things are created on here than never exist.

I'm bored repeating myself but I'll say it again... Accidental death = Manslaughter. They possibly gave her calpol and she took an allergic reaction. It's really, really not that difficult to understand and nor that crazy a theory to think that actually could of happened.
  10. Mar 22, 2019

RobinLFC Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Invariably? No they're not.
  11. Mar 22, 2019

Keefy18 Full Member

12. Mar 22, 2019

There was zero to gain from it because she had already spent a full day answering those same exact questions. There was no new information she was going to give in response to those questions that was going to help find her daughter.

In other words the point of those questions on the police's part wasn't to help rescue/save Madeline, it was (presumably) a case-building exercise. Which is why they were advised by their lawyer not to participate.
  13. Mar 22, 2019

Thisistheone Full Member

Wait, so Dr Gerry McCann MD didn't know his own 3 yr old daughter was allergic to calpol and/or gave her an over-dose?
  14. Mar 22, 2019

esmufc07 Won the Grand National Sweepstake once Scout

15. Mar 22, 2019

Keefy18 Full Member

Again as I've stated it could well of been the first time they gave it to her not knowing.

How could he know if that was the case?

Sorry I forgot, he's all knowing in the world of medicine isn't he.

Lovely abusive message, how mature of you.

Anything of actual intelligent substance to add?

And your an admin? Christ!! Pathetic.
  16. Mar 22, 2019

RobinLFC Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised

Supports:
    Liverpool
    You said invariably. Unless I'm misunderstanding the word, that's just a wrong statement to make.
  17. Mar 22, 2019

esmufc07 Won the Grand National Sweepstake once Scout

I'm not an admin, you just come across as a bit of a loon.

Please spend some time reading through this.

http://madeleinemythsexposed.pbworks.com/w/page/39076140/Main Page
  18. Mar 22, 2019

Keefy18 Full Member

Feck me your a tad pedantic aren't you.

I'm literally being hounded by a bloody wolf pack here for expressing an opinion and trying to keep up. I've even so called admins posting abusive / insulting comments at me for expressing an opinion, sorry if I posted one word slightly out of context.

I'm the worst aren't I? :lol::houllier:
  19. Mar 22, 2019

Himannv Full Member

Some good questions here tbf.

I'm not sure what changes were made in their story over time. Will have to read up on that.

I think refusing to answer questions was probably done due to a lawyer's advice as mentioned earlier. That seems fair enough. I also think that becoming key suspects made them more eager to leave the country and not cooperate as much. They could have been given advice to do as such by their lawyers.

Leaving the twins in the room is really strange tbh. I mean, if I had three kids and one of them was missing from the room, I'd be really hesitant to run off and leave the other two alone, especially if I suspected kidnappers. I mean, I'd sound the alarm of course, but I wouldn't run away and leave them there by themselves. There's something unusual in that action IMO. Perhaps she didn't have any other option?

I agree the kids were given sleeping pills. I think even one of the 7 said they thought the same thing since a lot of noise was being made and that person thought it strange that the twins were still asleep through it.

Also agree that "they've taken her" is a strange statement to make. Her immediate conclusion on seeing her child missing was "abduction". Something unusual there as well. It adds to the thought that sleeping pills were used, since she was obviously certain Madeleine hadn't wandered off herself. Was she guilty of giving her kids sleeping pills? Absolutely IMO. Did she also accidentally kill her own daughter? Not so sure about that one.

Some unusual things there, but all in all I still think she was kidnapped by some pedo.
  20. Mar 22, 2019

Brwned Have you ever been in love before?

Why does paparazzi exist? Every now and then when I come across a good half hour of footage of it, it blows my mind that it happens currently. It's a soul destroying job. The people on the other end of the camera are subjected to something deeply inhuman. And it wouldn't be that hard to construct a system where they could extract more or less the same footage, of equal value to the media owners, with much less harm done to the people on either end of the camera.

It's just weird.

:lol: yes that's a good sign that your analysis of the situation is very robust
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  21. Mar 26, 2019

Valar Morghulis Full Member

Supports:
    BBW
    Just finished watching this.

If you got to choose between definitively finding out what happened to Madeline or United winning the Champions League. Where would you watch the final?
  22. Mar 26, 2019

iammemphis iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain

Supports:
    United but also follow Watford
    If you have to make a Maddy joke at least make it funny.
  23. Mar 26, 2019

Valar Morghulis Full Member

Supports:
    BBW
    Based off your username you're clearly an expert when it comes to identifying mediocrity. I'll try to be better.
  24. Mar 26, 2019

BluesJr Full Member

I think the family made a massive mistake in not appearing in this documentary. Having watched the whole thing it's pretty obvious to me that they aren't involved in any way and anyone who thinks they are is an idiot, in my opinion of course. That being said, the publicity this brings is good for the case and it's raised awareness that she may still be alive and them appearing would have made that plea to keep looking even more impactful.
  25. Mar 26, 2019

George Owen LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!

Sounds like a fiction novel, but that's the kind of shit wealthy and powerful people can get away with. Reality is crazier (and more sinister) than fiction.
  26. Mar 26, 2019

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    The fiction yer man is spewing in that twitter thread is much crazier than reality.

And it’s sinister too. When conspiracy gonks start persecuting bereaved people. Like the shit-heads who are driving Sandy Hook parents to suicide.
  27. Mar 26, 2019

Catt Ole's at the wheel!

What's changed from their original version of events?
  28. Mar 26, 2019

Only by knowing the truth we can be certain of that.

Ps. A conspiracy theory is bringing Sandy Hooks parents to suicide?? how?
  29. Mar 26, 2019

Minimalist Full Member

Heard the theory that they were possibly advised by PR people to dismiss it, so as to be seen as nothing to do with it. The documentary as you say is very much in their favour and being 'independent' of their involvement is possibly a bonus for them in terms of combating the conspiracy theories (nobody can claim it's a creation of theirs).
  30. Mar 26, 2019

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
  31. Mar 26, 2019

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

More than likely this probably has to do with them lying about how many times they went back to check on their kids during the night as they didn't want to look like bad parents than anything more sinister.

Does seem like their kids were giving something to help them sleep though, but a man was seen with a kid also I believe she was kidnapped.
  32. Mar 26, 2019

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be the subject of one? The attention etc?
    Internet bullying cause alot of people to commit suicide so image this.

In this documentary the Mccans got plenty of vile hate mail. It is certainly something that could drive someone to suicide.
  33. Mar 26, 2019

Sarni nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

The idea that they hid the body in 2 hours so well that it has not been found for 11 years is a bit crazy, I agree.

The idea that they somehow managed to return to Portugal, rent a new car, dig up her body and hide it again somewhere else, all while being under constant surveillance, is probably more mind boggling though.

Very, very unlikely that they had anything to do with it.
  34. Mar 26, 2019

35. Mar 26, 2019

Sarni nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

To be fair them changing stories about that night is not that suspicious either. It’s actually not that uncommon, I don’t think they were actually changing any major points about that evening.

There’s just no viable scenario in which they kill her that evening and manage to not have anyone find out in 11 years.
  36. Mar 26, 2019

Obviously. I was just curious what was the conspiracy theory...
  37. Mar 26, 2019

diarm Full Member

This is the most hilarious thing I've read on the Caf this year.

And I've spent considerable time in the Brexit thread!
  38. Mar 26, 2019

MaxiPaxi likes to shove his mum's boiled eggs up his rectum

What I find bizarre is that keefy is in the McCanns did it camp and MJ inoccent camp. Talking about getting your bearings wrong...
  39. Mar 27, 2019

BluesJr Full Member

Facebook pals are always spot on didn’t you know.
  40. Mar 27, 2019

BluesJr Full Member

He’s one of ‘those’ guys.
  41. Mar 27, 2019

Zarlak my face causes global warming

Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
    Your mates believe it, it must be true.