The Missing Martial thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by BluesJr, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Aug 1, 2018

BluesJr Full Member

Thank you all for your posts. My little Swan is fine, for the mom it was harder but thanks to God she's better now. Sorry but my family will always come first... Back tomorrow in Manchester
  2. Aug 1, 2018

Kapardin Full Member

Lukaku cutting short his holiday to be fit for the Leicester game should serve as a lesson to Martial if he needs it.

He's done here. Remains to be seen if we can sell him soon enough and buy a RW with that money. Probably not of course.
  3. Aug 1, 2018

JohnnyKills Full Member

Supports:
    United
    Haha well put.
  4. Aug 1, 2018

cyberman Full Member

This better be true or its a new low in the fight for public perception.
  5. Aug 1, 2018

JohnnyKills Full Member

Supports:
    United
    How many points off the winner? 20?

If Mourinho is as good a manager as his supporters claim that's not good enough.
  6. Aug 1, 2018

Denis79 Full Member

I see Martial in the same way you do. He has talent but his ego is way bigger and doesn't have the mentality to become a player at the absolute top.
  7. Aug 1, 2018

KM I’m afraid I just blue myself Staff

Ofcourse this will be true. No one would like like this.
  8. Aug 1, 2018

villain Hates Beyoncé

Yeah I think everybody understood that his personal life was affecting his performances that season.
    Since then, Mourinho hasn't mentioned his attitude or mood or anything, i'm guessing? I haven't seen anything at least.

It really is ridiculous how easy it is to hope onto a bandwagon.

Great tweet from him! Think he can still turn this around.
  9. Aug 1, 2018

breakout67 Full Member

Martial has kept his word from tweets. There's a small bit of hope that he makes the RW his own. He has all the attributes for it, but for some reason he can't get his head around it.
  10. Aug 1, 2018

Cee90 Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

And there you go.

@ash_86 he just tweeted pretty much exactly what you said he should.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  11. Aug 1, 2018

R'hllor Full Member

Sometimes it looks this whole Martial thing on CAF has nothing to do with Martial more like how one group see Martial as weapon in hands of another group. Dont remember being this bad before Sanchez joined.

Martial was in good form in that period, Sanchez came and he was shafted on right, his performance dropped and after that, one group saw Martial as beating stick vs JM in a hands of those who had issue with. Somehow Martial, day by day became an enemy.

Truth is regardless of current situation, after joining, Sanchez by his performances on the left on the pitch didnt deserve a single minute more then Martial during 2nd half of the season. Dont care about this one side vs other, i just cant stand that shit and have issue with it.
  12. Aug 1, 2018

RedDevilUnited369 New Member

So clearly there was health issues with the mother of his child. And the club would have known all about it meaning Jose just likes the media mayhem instead of just giving a straight answer.
  13. Aug 1, 2018

littlepeasoup Full Member

Or, perhaps he feels it's not his place to say? Which it isn't. It absolutely isn't.
  14. Aug 1, 2018

Eriku Full Member

So any title challenger’s manager, outside of Pep, is not good enough?
  15. Aug 1, 2018

BluesJr Full Member

Come on that’s not the point he was making. 20 points off is a whole different world to being actually in a race and looking on a similar level to the team that wins.

City had a freak season last year, if we don’t compete with them more seriously this year then questions will asked, and answered.
  16. Aug 1, 2018

Art Vandelay Full Member

He should play those roles because those are the roles he's earned. He's not better than that, if he was better than that he wouldn't be in those roles. He's a kid that's not earned his place, he's not a seasoned striker shunted onto the wing. You can keep trying to convince yourself it's all Mourinho's fault if you want, but he's been given chances and this is where he's at. He can deal with it or he can go if we get the right offer.
  17. Aug 1, 2018

AR87 Full Member

Truth is none of Sanchez, Martial or Rashford did much to make the starting LW spot their own over the 2nd half of the season. Still, in that time both Sanchez against City and Tottenham in the FA Cup semi and Rashford against Liverpool did more to earn minutes than Martial did.

It was quite irritating that Sanchez was seemingly gifted that position, but his competition did little to dislodge him when they got chances either.
  18. Aug 1, 2018

Jojo <3 Mou Full Member

Why do we always have to find someone to hate or blame.

Mourinho said that he 'doesn't know' whether Martial will be back with the group when Man Utd get back to England. Simple answer, not confirming or denying anything.

If you read too much into that fairly simple quote then you are to be blamed for having an overactive imagination. Because, he truly said nothing.
  19. Aug 1, 2018

arnie_ni Full Member

If jose new the mother has complications and still criticized him publicly i would just pack my bags if i was martial, and id fire him if i was woodward.

Can't believe the man would actually do that again... if he knew
  20. Aug 1, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

JPRouve said this about 6 hours ago - before the tweet was even made:
  21. Aug 1, 2018

Eriku Full Member

Fair enough, I was probably reading the wrong intent behind that quote. Though it has to be said, even if we had been good enough we would struggle to be within touching distance of Pep’s City and their freakish points haul last season.
  22. Aug 1, 2018

Cee90 Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

Seems like a lot of people on the Cafe have never heard of the phrase ‘innocent until proven guilty’, which doesn’t bode well for the justice system if they get called up to do jury service.
  23. Aug 1, 2018

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt Scouse Lover

The funny thing is Mourinho never even accused him of going awol. Just said he didn't know when he would return. You guys have just been slaughtering him for nothing.
  24. Aug 1, 2018

Big Andy Is really a midget

If Martial’s missus had complications then maybe Martial himself didn’t know for sure when he’d be back...
  25. Aug 1, 2018

Smores Full Member

Called it (kinda), not sure we'd have been allowed to disclose a third parties health issues.
  26. Aug 1, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

Yeah, in the conference last night when asked about Martial, Mourinho looked at the press officer and she said to keep questions related to the game.
  27. Aug 1, 2018

Rockets Redglare New Member

It isn’t Mourinho’s place to tell the media anything about the private lives of any of his players.
    If Jose slated Martial or told the media why he wasn’t coming back yet and then something happened to his partner he’d be called worse than shit, he literally can’t win on here.
  28. Aug 1, 2018

R'hllor Full Member

Oh you mean when he scored 2 vs our arch rivals for 2:1 victory and then as reward, he got shafted 2/3 days later on the right because Sanchez vs Sevilla. Great i know.
  29. Aug 1, 2018

haram Full Member

Now just train hard and be ready for Leicester.
  30. Aug 1, 2018

Frank Grimes Full Member

Yes.
  31. Aug 1, 2018

fallengt Full Member

Or he could've just said "Martial with his family I don't know when he will return but United respect his privacy & wish Anthony the best" etc..

FFS he created a story out of nothing himself instead of going for the most obvious rational answer. And Mourinho apologists think Media alsway misquote him to make everything look bad.
  32. Aug 1, 2018

edcunited1878 Full Member

Jose said "I don't know" when he was asked. Then the press and too many people took what they wanted and came to their half conclusions or conclusions. When personal matters like this come into play, the general public should just let it be and let it play itself out. But because we're in such a pervasive in the now, in the know, whether or not it's completely the truth without proper context generation, it gets so messy and it's sad.

The media doesn't help, social media trolls don't help, agenda seeking people don't help, etc. Everyone wants to sell something whether it's clicks, themselves or boost their ego.

This situation has been a shitstorm because of the media and so many lapping up a simple "I don't know" answer from Jose.
  33. Aug 1, 2018

ti vu Full Member

You have the point. The poster brought up 20 point difference is not.

Nobody claimed we were challenging. However, City point tally is record breaking for a reason. It's clearly not the norm.

City was 15 point off a record short Chelsea in 16-17. They finished with 78 points in that season. So they were very short from the record they eventually set the following season, yet nobody really wrote them off going into the new season because they were x point from position of challenging in previous season.

Media: "Martial is leaving"

Try to read what you said. If you want to twist it which the press love to, it's even easier.
  34. Aug 1, 2018

ash_86 Full Member

Yes, just saw that. Clears a lot of confusion!
  35. Aug 1, 2018

Cloud7 Full Member

Yup. I alluded to as much in a previous post where I said that I was sure that Martial and Mourinho were in contact with each other, and that they both would have been aware of what was going on, and Mourinho was likely speaking out of frustration than anything else, rather than directly attacking Martial.

I was then promptly bombarded with responses about how unprofessional Martial is, how he’s disappointing the manager, how the poster in question wants to have extra holidays but can’t, so why should Martial get it and that I must live a sheltered life for believing that there was nothing wrong with Martial taking a few extra days for something related to the birth of his child, now there seems that there was a reason for it.

Some of the aggression shown against Martial is absolutely disgusting, just as much as some of the aggression shown against Mourinho is disgusting.
  36. Aug 1, 2018

Fergie's Man Suffers Snails fetish

This lad needs to be sold and we move on. I don't believe for one second that complications with the mother of his child, stopped him from returning to the US.

Bin him, his heart is not in the club. Sanchez's arrival tipped his toys out the pram.

I hate cheeky, overpaid, spoiled kids.
  37. Aug 1, 2018

buckooo1978 Full Member

wait and see what the story is.....

if Mourinho knew and made his passive aggressive comments he should be sacked

it would be a deplorable act to put pressure on Martial to return given the situation
  38. Aug 1, 2018

Smores Full Member

The manager or club don't have to break the lads privacy because you want a clearer answer.

Wish people would grow up with this apologist bollocks. You wouldn't use that language in real life would you because you'd be embarrassed to do so as an adult
  39. Aug 1, 2018

Lemansky Full Member

He should be sacked? Come on. The drama in here is intense at times.
  40. Aug 1, 2018

cyberman Full Member

Jose already said he went home for the birth!
    Its funny looking back that a I don't know spawned stories of 180k fines with Martial going AWOL.
    A bit cheeky to aim this at Jose apologists