1. We are delighted to have been nominated for Best Forum in The Football Blogging Awards. You can vote for us on their website here and via twitter here. You can read the caf thread here. Thanks to anyone who votes for us.
    Dismiss Notice

The Non-League Teams Thread - FCUoM, Salford City etc

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Niall, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Apr 10, 2019

PoTMS Full Member

Penultimate matchweek Salford are at home to Fylde and Orient are away to Solihull. Will go a long way in deciding who goes up.
  2. Apr 10, 2019

Full bodied red Full Member

iNDEED !!

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/chester-fc-live-stockport-blog-16103442

This might just about be the result of the season so far - puts promotion in County's own hands, but everything probbly depends on the result on 20th April v Chorley away.

Would love to go, but my feelings for County don't extend to £ 600 for a return trip which is what it costs on an Easter weekend.
  3. Apr 10, 2019

marukomu The Gatekeeper

I used to go a lot when I was a kid. I saw George Best play in a friendly against Fulham and ran on the pitch and patted him on the back.
    It was fun watching County on a Friday and then United on the Saturday. Shame what the Sale Sharks guy did to them.
    I hope they get back to the league proper soon.
  4. Apr 10, 2019

Full bodied red Full Member

Yeah....Friday nights....Go Go County....Freddie Pye bankrolling everything....Good times....

Incredible to believe that less than 20 years ago, they were playing City in the old Division 2 ( nowadays The Championship ) and were unbeaten in the four matches over two season.
  5. Apr 10, 2019

Chipper Full Member

Altrincham are my very loosely fond of non league side. In the same league as Stockport of course and looking good for the playoffs at this stage. Not bad considering they were promoted last season although they've often been one league higher than they are now during my time. Went sometimes in the very early 90s when United were away. A kid in my street gave us some complimentary tickets that he got through his school and me and my dad went back a few times afterwards. I also kind of knew the son of their player/manager at the time. Not a close mate but he lived about 100 yards away and we went to the same school.

FC United look like going down from the same division.

Don't really know much about Stockport but it's good in a way to see them doing well. They're a giant at that level. Don't mind Stockport the place, the town centre has a certain huslte and bustle about it and it's fairly lively. I've been up to Reddish Vale Country Park a few times too. I do remember the strike partnership of Preece and Francis, both a menace in the air from bits and pieces on Granada News or Granada Soccer Night in the 90s. Suppose there's the thing that lots of City fans are said to come from there or that they follow both, but I can forgive Stockport of that.
  6. Apr 15, 2019 at 06:19

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

I was wrongly thinking two go straight up.
    I should have known the second place is via the playoffs as my boys wycombe almost went down to non league a few years back