The Pogba red card

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Yorkeontop, Dec 2, 2017.

?

What's your opinion?

1. He meant it. Red card.

2. Didn't mean it but it's still a red card.

3. Didn't mean it, it's not a red card.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dec 4, 2017

breakout67 Full Member

Yeah, I'm sure the vast majority of football fans have taken a step back and pondered over the decision and tried to be objective...what world are you living in :lol:

It's as if you completely ignored the reaction of the Mane red card, where half the footballing world thought it was a clear red card, and the other half thought the red card was a sign of the game being ruined.

There were probably more people saying the Mane red card was unjust than the Pogba one and you think that the footballing world is an objective place.
  2. Dec 4, 2017

Random Task Full Member

Are you replying to the right person here? I don't see how this post addresses the point/s in my previous post. I thought we were discussing the reasoning behind the decision taken by our club to not appeal Pogba's red card, which is what my previous reply was based on.

What has Mane got to do with anything?
  3. Dec 4, 2017

Di Maria's angel Captain of Moanchester United

Best to leave this matter alone. Nothings changing.
  4. Dec 4, 2017

Turkleton Full Member

I don't think it's clear cut either way. I can understand why the ref sent him off but I would understand if he wasn't sent off. Not worth complaining about. If he wasn't suspended for City, none of us would care.

I don't think it was any more dangerous (if Kylo Ren didn't do something ridiculous) than the Arsenal player heading Matic at speed earlier in the match.
  5. Dec 4, 2017

DFreshKing Full Member

It clearly could be a red, any time you tread on player there is a risk the ref could see it as dangerous, but taking the context and the actions of Bellarin on board and his movement to Pogba it's hard to call it a deliberate and dangerous offence justifying a straight red.

That's how I see it, harsh but not impossible.
  6. Dec 4, 2017

breakout67 Full Member

Just to remind you, I think the Pogba tackle was a red card by the rules of the game.

Your post was that the club didnt appeal which is some sort of 'proof' that it was a red card. My post was that the club don't care about whether it was a red card, they care about the chances of it being reversed. This is because the FA do not reverse a red card based on whether it was a red card, but based on the reaction the reversal would get. The example I gave was the Feghouli red card which was a clear red card (off the ground, two footed, late tackle) but was reversed because of the public outrage over the red card being given (fans, press and media).

You then went on to say that most people know deep down that it was a red card, when the reality is that most people do not know and are simply acting emotionally. A clear example of the emotion decision making process of football fans was the Mane red card, which was seen as an injustice by many even though it was a far worse challenge than the Pogba one.
  7. Dec 4, 2017

Martin(6)Buchan Full Member

Only Pogba will ever really know if it was deliberate or not.
  8. Dec 4, 2017

VancouverUtdFan Full Member

Supports:
    Canucks + NE Patriots
    If I had to guess it's gotta be a midfield 3 of Matic-Fellaini-Herrera and reverting back to a 4 man defense. Midfield will have to overrun the City midfield and neutralize them for us to even have a chance at 3 points. If not and they don't show up, we're looking at 1pt if lucky otherwise 0.
  9. Dec 4, 2017

Random Task Full Member

So you're saying that the club decided against an appeal because the FA are corrupt? Highly unlikely if we're being absolutely honest.

Have you not considered that perhaps the club feel the decision is irreversible because it was a stonewall red card? That after viewing the incident from multple viewpoints, they could not find a suitable angle with which to base their already paper thin case?

Not everything has a grey area, sometimes things are what they are. Pogba deserves his punishment and the red card that preceded it. Be grateful he didn't break Belerin's leg, because then there really would have been a shitstorm.
  10. Dec 5, 2017

tombombadil Full Member

You mean stamping on another player's leg is not a red card offence? :houllier:
  11. Dec 5, 2017

tombombadil Full Member

Oh I see. It's Bellerin's fault for getting in the way of Pogba's studs. :houllier:
  12. Dec 5, 2017

BBRBB Full Member

Supports:
    Paris Saint-Germain
    100% malicious tackle. His complete disregard towards Bellerin's physical integrity all the way is baffling.
  13. Dec 5, 2017

Problem-free Philosophy Full Member

Should this be a red card?
  14. Dec 5, 2017

goldenballs Victoria's secret

Amazing player. we will miss him.... Sadly.
  15. Dec 8, 2017

DevilRed Full Member

His absence pretty much means we will go into a shell right from the start and prioritise the clean sheet.

Not the most ideal approach, but I dont think we can go toe to toe with them considering we wont have Pogba and also have a crocked Matic.
  16. Dec 8, 2017

Roosney Full Member

I don't think it was a red. All of you saying it was a clear red are just victims of Gary Nevillism.
  17. Dec 8, 2017

Eli Zee New Member

If he doesn’t care, he doesn’t care. I think he was just worried bout the red card and it came off as him not giving an eff.

Anyways, I like that reaction better than when players foul someone and pretend they care about the guy they fouled to try to sway the ref into not carding them.
  18. Dec 9, 2017

Salfordlad70 Full Member

Could be a blessing if the snow forces a postponment tomorrow....
  19. Dec 9, 2017

Hambley New Member

If the game is postponed would it count as one match for Pogba to miss? Or Pogba will miss next 3 games not including this match?
  20. Dec 9, 2017

reddaz71 New Member

Blimey why are some running scared because we havent got Pogba so would prefer it if the game gets called off?? you do realise City will still be 8 points ahead of us in that scenario....
  21. Dec 9, 2017

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

Yeah it’s a bit weird that people would rather our best outfield player who elevates our game to another level was eligible to play against our title rivals.
  22. Dec 9, 2017

Red Katie The least positive person in match threads ever

He would still have to miss our three upcoming games.
  23. Dec 9, 2017

Token Sheet Full Member

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
    I assume it would be due to the unsafe conditions outside the ground for spectators, rather than the playing surface.
  24. Dec 9, 2017

Camy89 Love Island obsessive

So it's my fault?
  25. Dec 9, 2017

Fridge chutney Requested ban until 09/04/2018

Because when we lose our best player, chances of victory decrease. It's a natural reaction to have until circumstances improve such that odds do the same. Also, the 'later' we play city the better. Due to their style, they can get worn down. They've been underwhelming the past couple of matches.
  26. Dec 9, 2017

Judas Open to offers

He'll miss the next three games that actually take place, obviously.
  27. Dec 9, 2017

MZX7 @Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius

Looks like a pretty similar foul to Pogba's. Refereeing decisions are so strange and all over the place. Also, the c**tish Arsenal players hounded the referee to send off Pogba. Such things should be punished by the FA. At least players should be fined for pressuring referees to make a decision.
  28. Dec 9, 2017

Georgan New Member

I'll make a bold call on this one, it was planned by Jose and Paul, he needs an excuse if things go bad against City tomorrow. Just like Pep placed a third string XI vs Shaktar so that his team lost and woke up from that "We're invincibles" bubble they were at.
  29. Dec 9, 2017

Judas Open to offers

You can call it a bold call, I think other people may have different name for it....
  30. Dec 9, 2017

The Firestarter Full Member

This thread still going :lol:
  31. Dec 9, 2017

SwansonsTache incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

One of the weirdest things I've read on here.
  32. Dec 9, 2017

lsd Full Member

Certainly is I mean it's obvious Jose was way too busy praying to the snow gods to snow this week and cause the game be abandoned to a time when Arguero is injured .. probably in a couple of weeks
  33. Dec 9, 2017

Tarrou Full Member

come on :lol:
  34. Dec 9, 2017

SS Full Member

:lol:
  35. Dec 10, 2017

Bubz27 Full Member

Sigurdsson just been booked for very similar, except he landed on Henderson's foot.

@GifLord any chance of a gif? @ the 35:30ish mark.
  36. Dec 10, 2017

GifLord The gif that keeps on giffing

37. Dec 10, 2017

Bubz27 Full Member

Much appreciated.

I don't mean to flog a dead horse, but I really don't see any difference except for the fact Henderson actually challenges for the ball while Bellerin did some stupid cricket fielding stop.
  38. Dec 10, 2017

steffyr2 Full Member

Nah. The victim has to lay down and stick his leg out. THEN it will be a red card (apparently).
  39. Dec 10, 2017

DevilRed Full Member

Miss his ability to keep possession and link up the midfield with attack.
  40. Dec 10, 2017

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

What a different game it would have been with him :(