1. We've added a new Women's Team sub-forum to discuss all things related to the new United Women's Team.

Also, the FCUoM forum has been closed due to inactivity, with its threads moved to the Football Forum. To discuss FCUoM and Salford City moving forward, please use this sticky thread.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sinner

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vidic_In_Moscow, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Feb 20, 2018

Vidic_In_Moscow Caf bastard

Supports:
    i stink
    Finished this Netflix show a couple of days ago, thought it was excellent. For once a new show felt like it had a beginning, middle and sufficient end instead of only annoying open ended capacity for another season.
  2. Feb 20, 2018

stu_1992 Full Member

I'd agree with everything besides the highlighted part. Cora's story wrapped up well(ish) but I found it odd that they then decided to hint at stuff in the detectives past to leave it open for a second season based on him. Not sure I'd be interested in that, but it's apparently happening.

Really good show overall. I was gripped to it, though felt kind of uneasy through a lot of it.
  3. Feb 20, 2018

Dirty Schwein Should Have Known Better

I really liked it to begin with but the more of the story they revealed the dumber it got I felt.
  4. Feb 20, 2018

Solius Bearded Scholes admirer Staff

Song is stuck in my head again now.
  5. Feb 20, 2018

Supports:
    i stink
    Yeah I've read something about that, but if that did happen it would at least be, what I'd assume to be quite a different plot altogether than the first series which means you can really take it or leave it without missing out or without them sacrificing elements of the first season to drag it out. I'm really thinking of shows like Stranger Things when I say this where you can watch the end of the series and it seems like nothing really concludes at all then rinse and repeat for the next series.

I thought that the relationship between Cora and Phoebe seemed sadly realistic and really well done too. Some characters weren't so great like her husband aka poundland Jon Snow and your man from Eurotrip was a bit weird. Definitely a gripping show as you say though and well worth the watch!
  6. Feb 20, 2018

Supports:
    i stink
    I actually quite like it!

7. Feb 21, 2018

parkthebuslads Full Member

It was OK but I didn't love how it resorted to dishonest and misleading storytelling.
  8. Feb 21, 2018

Supports:
    i stink
    In what sense?
  9. Feb 21, 2018

Number1 Banned Verified Moaner

Watched it over Christmas, loved it, probably the best new show i seen 2017.

Also I'll type this here as i want to avoid spoilers in the Altered Carbon thread, but 2 episodes in that and i just can't get into it all, none of the characters are sticking, i forget who they are straight away (or they may come back as someone else) and in general i just can't work out whats going off, it's like too many things are being thrown at you all at once - Surprised i can't get into it, as I'm well into my sci-fi stuff and many people have recommended it.
  10. Feb 21, 2018

Welsh Wonder A dribbling mess on the sauce

I've seen a few complaints like that, my mate said subtitles helped him keep track for the first few episodes until it stuck. I haven't seen it yet so will probably start with subs just in case.
  11. Feb 21, 2018

parkthebuslads Full Member

Hmm. Been a little while since I watched but I recall one particularly dramatic ending to an episode which finished with the dialogue: "We were being hunted", which turned out to not to be the case at all.

I thought they used her questionable memory like that a few times.
  12. Feb 21, 2018

SteveTheRed Full Member

I enjoyed it, wasn't that pleased with the ending but it's still worth a watch.

Quite typical of these shows where the whole time you are trying to figure out who did it? Who was involved? then at the last minute they introduce a new character who turns out to be pivotal in the whole thing.
  13. Feb 25, 2018

Annihilate Now! ...or later, I'm not fussy Scout

I thought it was both very good in parts, but also really feckin' dumb in purge parts.

Like for example...

why did Cora's parents randomly decide to not tell the detective that Phoebe left with her that night?
  14. Feb 25, 2018

Supports:
    i stink
    Bit weird that the parents never asked Cora about Phoebe too after coming back into Cora' life with the trial and all. I mean most likely it's bad writing (or I'm forgetting something) but if I may speculate to fill in the blanks, maybe a part of them was relieved to not be having to deal with the stress of caring for her constantly any more, and believing that they had gone to Florida as the Mum says was just the kind of willfully ignorant thing that they needed to believe. Kind of.. 'don't ask, don't tell' type thing.