This is why 'Arry Redknapp annoys me!!

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Ramshock, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Jan 11, 2012

Brophs The one and only

Yeah, the fact his son is with Sky doesn't half give it a bad smell.
  2. Jan 11, 2012

Lance Uppercut Loves turn based games

So, on one hand, you say he is full of shit and just blabs incessantly about players he knows are unattainable. On the other, you say you find his "insight" to be more interesting than guess work?
  3. Jan 11, 2012

acnumber9 Full Member

I think we all know he does it in order for said players agent to call him and make him an offer.
  4. Jan 11, 2012

Ramshock Full Member

I think its well known that Fergie doesnt or rarely ever talks about players he might be interested in..much to the transfer muppets annoyance!
  5. Jan 11, 2012

Moonwalker Full Member

If Demba Ba has a clause in his contract, Pardew's got bigger problems than what Harry Redknapp has to say about it, and if he doesn't it makes it all the more irrelevant. If he's fessed about it, he should issue a public 'hands off'. Not many clubs have done that(to Harry) in the past though, which would suggest to me they find his blabbering quite innocuous. You seem to be the one aggravated more than the supposed victims here.

'Worse than Real and Barcelona put together' is just laughable.

Telling the press you like a player is not permitted, since when?

Because 'Public tapping up' is very tangible and hard to define, it's only when a club takes umbrage with a continuous courting of one of their players that this issue is raised, and it only ever goes as far as clubs threatening with an official complaint, before the 'bully' inevitably gets their man, or fecks off.
    It never seems to escalate to this point with Harry Rednkapp though. Call me crazy, but I think this is because people realise it's just the usual blabber from a manager that's a little too honest for his own good, and not some pressurizing master-plan.

Daniel Levy behaved in the most disgusting, crybaby fashion over this very issue a couple of years ago, when Sir Alex declared public interest in Berbatov. So he said 'he would be an impressive addition', so what? Were you not just a little irked at how farcical all that became?

And you're telling me you actually want more of that, red lights flashing every time a manager mentions he likes a player?

The 'insight' in this case is 'which players he likes' and not 'which players are attainable', obviously.

I can see that this whole 'spotting contradictions' business confuses you greatly.
  6. Jan 11, 2012

Why a public hands off? Do you not think perhaps calling 'Arry up and telling to shut his mouth might be more successful? Which may have happened. Neither of us know for sure.

Not many clubs have done that to Barca or Real, either. I guess they are fine with public tapping up, too?

You are crazy. Or hilariously naive.

I want Harry to shut the feck up and stop talking publicly about players that are under contract with other clubs. You seem fine with it. Because it gives you, a Manchester United supporter, "insight" into what players 'Arry likes. Whether he has any intention of signing them or not. I find that very strange. Why do you care?

Have your sight checked, in that case.
  7. Jan 11, 2012

Bryan_Munich Aka RichieRich12

Last 24 hours:

8. Jan 11, 2012

Guy Incognito Full Member

"He's a good player" is the consensus with all the players mentioned above.

I wonder what constitutes as a 'bad player' for 'Arry.
  9. Jan 11, 2012

Moonwalker Full Member

Oh absolutely. Perhaps that's exactly what happened. Which would then leave the question of 'how a manager that you can call up on the phone and just tell to shut up, is worse than 2 clubs that pursue their targets for months and even years through public statements, combined?'

No, clubs and managers complain about Barca and Real all the time, as we know, all too well.

It's a good thing nobody gives a shit about what you want.

Why wouldn't I be fine with it? I'd like to know which players Owen Coyle fancies just as well. Or Roberto Martinez or Arsen Wenger. They might buy a United player tomorrow, or loan him out, or some flaw in their logic will help us appreciate how great our own manager is in comparison, or we can just laugh at how stupid some of their managerial choices are. We discuss these people on daily basis on a football forum, but apparently if we're interested in what they're thinking it's absolute madness.

Why should I care? I don't really care at all. I just find it interesting rather than being outraged by it. You seem all bothered by it though, which you keep reminding us of in every single thread that pops up about Harry Bleepin' Redknapp. You'd be the caring one pal.
  10. Jan 11, 2012

Gazza Magic Carpet Pilot

Moonwalker is Louise Redknapp
  11. Jan 11, 2012

See Bryan Munich's post above. He does it on a daily basis.

Examples and consequences for both clubs, please.

Likewise.

When did I say that? Stop making shit up.

This thread would suggest otherwise.

Examples of me "reminding us of in every single thread that pops up about Harry Bleepin' Redknapp." I will wait here.
  12. Jan 11, 2012

All harmless fun. He clearly has no interest in signing any of them. Still, it's fantastic to know who he likes. I wonder what bands he listens to?
  13. Jan 11, 2012

Moonwalker Full Member

And Gazza is obviously Baldrick.

Now we're all unmasked.
  14. Jan 11, 2012

I particularly liked his, 'It depends how much he is' quote on Rémy.
  15. Jan 11, 2012

Or Glaston Spur. He seems to possess the same smarmy dimness.
  16. Jan 11, 2012

You don't seriously believe he is trying to turn the player's head with that kind of talk, do you? Don't be naive. Mindless chatter, as always.
  17. Jan 11, 2012

'I'll fetch the suitcase from the van...'
  18. Jan 11, 2012

Moonwalker Full Member

No thanks. For some weird reason, going through your post history doesn't seem like a very appealing prospect.
  19. Jan 11, 2012

I accept your apology.
  20. Jan 11, 2012

Neo_Mufc Full Member

Sky and Arry are milking each other for all it's worth.

Just think of the bigger picture. All those Breaking News' !!!
  21. Jan 11, 2012

Guy Incognito Full Member

Once upon a time, Redknapp often bought players (Ooo, I have two of that) instead of addressing major areas in need. This season is completely different because a) Levy commissioned the deals, where as before Harry would be allowed by the owner to buy for the sake of buying and b) Tottenham have kept the bulk of the squad and added in a reliable goalkeeper, a centre forward and someone in midfield to do the nitty gritty work into the first team.
  22. Jan 11, 2012

Ramshock Full Member

One that he cant wait to get rid off...usually a season after signing him!!
  23. Jan 11, 2012

Gazza Magic Carpet Pilot

Baldrick is the most perceptive character on Blackadder. he realizes that the war is a farce and so treats it and everyone around him with laconic contempt disguised as ignorance. So thanks.

You on the other hand, are just very dim!
  24. Jan 11, 2012

The Neviller Banned

It appears Moonwalker views Arry as a mildly retarded chap, who sits down in a press conference and thinks he's in his front room chatting to his mates about who is a good player and who isn't. Does he not wonder what the microphones and tape recorders are, or why his mates are taking notes on everything he says? What about the big fecking cameras with Sky written on them, what does he think they are?

Does he go home after these press conferences and, seeing Tottenham linked with a certain player he's just been innocently talking about, think "how did that happen?". Maybe the realisation dawns on him when he see's himself on Sky, and he realises he wasn't talking to friends, but was instead discussing players contracted to other clubs, all innocent like, in front of tv cameras, and a room full of reporters. "shit" he thinks, "I've done it again. I was only saying I thought he was a good player"

Do you honestly, seriously think Redknapp is so naive that he doesn't realise players he discusses in front of the press will be linked to his club? And do you honestly think he doesnt do this deliberately. Good old 'Arry eh? Silly naive cnut. Funny how he spent last transfer window telling us all how "triffic" a player Scott Parker was, while Scott Parker was under contract to another club, before proceeding to sign Scott Parker. It was all a coincdence though, 'Arry is just naive.

He's talking about strikers now, discussing prices and buy out clauses. Is he not interested in any of these strikers, and if not why the feck does he care how much they would cost? He'll probably sign a striker in this window, and probably one he has discussed, innocently, whilst he's under contract to another club. It'll be coincidence though, since 'Arry is just naive.

You're very naive if you think 'Arry is just naively discussing players he thinks are triffic. Yes, he'll talk about a lot of players, but if he had his way he'd try to sign all the players he talks about, that's what he's like.

Good old mildly retarded, naive, wheeler dealer 'Arry.
  25. Jan 11, 2012

Gazza Magic Carpet Pilot

:lol: Great post
  26. Jan 11, 2012

Moonwalker Full Member

No, but I do view you as a mildly retarded poster.

All of that wish wash you wrote might have been on topic have I ever claimed he doesn't wanna sign any of the players he talks about.

I didn't however, so it's redundant.
  27. Jan 11, 2012

acnumber9 Full Member

At least you've finally got something right.
  28. Jan 11, 2012

The Neviller Banned

At least you only view me as mildly retarded.
  29. Jan 11, 2012

tintedsepia Full Member

"Ganso who?"

Classic!!!
  30. Jan 15, 2012

Hellboy Full Member

Redknapp also confirmed that on Sunday he would be travelling to the South of France to watch Marseille v Lille, with Loic Remy the reason for his trip.

"I am off to watch Marseille, I am going to go and have a look at him [Remy], we have had reports - I watched him 18-months to two years ago. I doubt anything will come of it but we are looking."

Unbelievable.
  31. Jan 15, 2012

Sean_RedDevil Twitter bot

I'm still waiting for the Breaking News on SSN............

Harry Redknapp has signed himself for £17million!!!
  32. Jan 16, 2012

kouroux Full Member

He was there alright.I don't get it how he can go on travel to watch and say at the same time it's basically pointless...
    I mean what the feck ? The club resources are well spent indeed
  33. Jan 18, 2012

Oooooooooooooooooooohhhhh Harry :(
  34. Feb 1, 2012

Varun Wants the D...

Went for Krasic on deadline day. A loan deal though which Krasic wasnt interested in. Says they didnt have the money for a permanent transfer.
  35. Mar 17, 2012

1) He can't stop talking about other clubs and players.......i can't believe his comments :lol::lol::lol::lol:

2) He feels the pressure............"Hello to the Europa League 2012-2013 Tottenham" :)
  36. Mar 17, 2012

JB7 Full Member

He's crackin' up, he's craaaackin' up, he's crackin'....
  37. Mar 17, 2012

Jimy_Hills_Chin Desperately wants to be ITK

Football manager in blind hypocrisy shocker!
  38. Mar 17, 2012

Sewelly The Geordie Full Member

What a fecking tit :lol:
  39. Mar 17, 2012

kouroux Full Member

He's criticizing a very young keeper for opening his mouth.Why not just ignore him Harry ?
  40. Mar 17, 2012

KM I’m afraid I just blue myself

Chesney is a typical Arsenal player, when they're winning things, they turn into unbearable arrogant gimps.