Thomas Lemar

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by bucky, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Jan 3, 2018

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    If us and Chelsea dont get our houses in order, its inevitable. Im dreading the thought of them adding like Lemar and Trapp to Van Dijk and Keita
  2. Jan 3, 2018

FanBoyRed New Member

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...hilippe-Coutinho-Barcelona-Goretzka-Transfers

Lemar decides to join Liverpool

16:00: Thomas Lemar has decided to join Liverpool to replace Philippe Coutinho, it has sensationally been claimed this afternoon.

Liverpool are on the lookout for replacements for Barcelona-bound Philippe Coutinho and Lemar is their priority target.

According to Yahoo Sport, Liverpool have held talks with Lemar and the France international is keen on a move to Anfield.

It remains to be seen whether Monaco are willing to do business with Liverpool this month but Jurgen Klopp's side are leading the race ahead of their Premier League rivals with Lemar already giving his word he wants to sign.

Dont know if Yahoo sports has any credibility but they posted this today.
  3. Jan 3, 2018

United Pro Full Member

Fairly sure that's using what's written in Castles' article.
  4. Jan 4, 2018

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

Agree. I think he's doing a very good job there and the work I hoped he wouldn't.
  5. Jan 4, 2018

Bwuk Full Member

I think Lemar is class. Don’t think he’s what Liverpool need, nor do I think they’ll be after him.

Keita is the replacement for Coutinho. They’ve already spent his transfer fee on VvD and Keita.
  6. Jan 4, 2018

B20 HALA MADRID!

Supports:
    Liverpool
    We had keita and VVD as our top targets well before Barcelona registered their interest.

It's pretty well documented by now that Lemar is basically top of Klopp's wishlist at this point. I expect we'll go all out for him.
  7. Jan 4, 2018

Maradona10 Duncan Castles

Dont think Lemar will move before world cup, competition for places in french team is very hard, he wont wanna risk it in a new country, in a team already playing well, where his team might no be guaranteed.
  8. Jan 4, 2018

Lemar is a summer buy. Expect Arsenal and Liverpool to be heavily interested
  9. Jan 4, 2018

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Didn't Monaco president or Vice president say that important players won't be leaving in Jan.
  10. Jan 4, 2018

Cee90 Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

Well that doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

He's probably just trying to ensure he gets top dollar for his players by acting like they are not a selling club, when they clearly are.
  11. Jan 4, 2018

SS Full Member

Just like how Monaco and Mbappe supposedly agreed to ignore all offers last summer.
  12. Jan 4, 2018

JPRouve can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate

They actually didn't, Vasilyev stated that while Monaco wanted to keep him, the decision was Mbappé's. Regarding Lemar it's the same story, if Lemar wants to leave and a club is willing to pay a lot of money, more than what Monaco expect this summer, then he will leave.
  13. Jan 4, 2018

The Purley King Full Member

if Liverpool get him, they'll be potentially pretty good next year.
    Still need a new goalie, but VVD will help with the defence (even though I think the system is half to blame for their poor defending), they'll have Keita and Lemar to replace Henderson and Coutinho and still have Salah, Mane and Firmino.
  14. Jan 4, 2018

Womp idiot

Liverpool doing good business. Keita and Lemar are two players I would have happily taken here.
  15. Jan 4, 2018

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

No reason why we shouldn't be. We've got pretty average 10s/right wingers.
  16. Jan 4, 2018

Empathy 2020 Banned

Supports:
    Most
    I think Lemar is over rated.

I don't see him as a number 10 rather a left sided attacker.I think Dani Cabellos would be a far better fit for Liverpool if they are losing Coutihno.
  17. Jan 4, 2018

sincher "I will cry if Rooney leaves"

Lemar isn't a right winger though. His best form has been on the left, where his excellent delivery can be capitalised on. He likes to play in the middle but is not as yet enough of a goal threat to do so - would rather have Jesse there I think. Not sure about him for United. Would make huge sense for Arsenal who need a player there.

One thing about him is he is very elusive. It's extremely difficult to [​IMG]
  18. Jan 4, 2018

SaboTaj Full Member

Lemar and Coutinho are completely different players. It’s laughable that the press thinks Lemar can come and play the same role as Coutinho in that system.
  19. Jan 4, 2018

I want us to be. But what I want and what United do are rarely alligned
  20. Jan 4, 2018

Sir A1ex Full Member

:lol::lol::lol:

FFS
  21. Jan 4, 2018

RooneyLegend Full Member

Might not be the same type of player but he is the sort of player that can be an alternative to him. Side midfielders and actual playmakers are very interchangeable.
  22. Jan 4, 2018

Ciedre New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Just how hard is it to understand that the club was after those two before Neymar was sold, and hence before Barcelona started looking at Coutinho.
    With 30m net spend or year for ages, we actually had money saved up.
  23. Jan 4, 2018

CA1 Full Member

Lemar isn't in Coutinho's class. His best assets are crossing and set pieces. His general play is not a patch on Coutinho's, who is unfortunatley, a fantastic player.
  24. Feb 9, 2018

Maradona10 Duncan Castles

So the mouth piece for Liverpool says they wont be going after Lemar in the summer, Arsenal are full in the department with Mkhi and Auba signings. It reeks of we dint want him anyway. Maybe madrid or another club have stepped in.
  25. Feb 10, 2018

BalanceUnAutreJoint New Member

I believe you vastly overestimate Lemar's quality as a player if you believe Madrid is after him.
    He's worse than their bench players Kovacic and Asensio.