1. World Cup 2018 Forum now open for business
    Dismiss Notice

Top Four Race 2017/18

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Damien, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Feb 8, 2018

Rafateria Banned

Jesus Christ. You are so full of shit. Zero chance ? Not even the bookies think that. For the record I think from here in we'll finish behind you, not because we're a weaker team (that's debatable depending on which side of the fence you sit) but you are 5 points ahead (we'll need to win at OT - not beyond the realms of possibility) and there is very little depth to our squad which will end up costing us points.

Your posts are so hyperbolic and you repeat yourself over and over and over with anyone who dares to post a contrarian opinion. You said you remember being 12 yrs old with fondness .. wasn't that long ago was it ?
  2. Feb 8, 2018

Rafateria Banned

Good analogy perhaps. Typical Mourinho, and maybe it's true with City as strong as they are and playing as they are, that style may no longer be enough.
  3. Feb 8, 2018

AgentP Full Member

Maybe this will spur Mourinho on to building an even better side like Fergie did after Jose raised the bar in 2004.
  4. Feb 8, 2018

Judas Open to offers

Huh? If you finish behind us, you're a weaker team, if you weren't weaker, you would finish ahead of us.

The irony of you attacking someone for being immature.
  5. Feb 8, 2018

Danny Roberts Full Member

It's gonna be really tight. I read a stat about Chelsea being the luckiest side in Europe this season, based on a load of stats. If that doesn't continue and this awful form does, they could slip away. However, all in all, I think it will be City, Us, Spurs, Liverpool.
  6. Feb 8, 2018

royboy16 Full Member

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
    I think Utd,City,Pool and Spurs will finish top 4.

City will finish top obviously,havent a clue of the final league positions for the other 3 teams as it could easily chop and change come May,also a 5 point gap between 2nd and third is feck all.
  7. Feb 8, 2018

Primativ New Member

Spurs are in excellent form at the moment. Saturday is the last of what will be the toughest period in the season with United (h) and Liverpool (a) conjuring 4 points. Another 3 points against Arsenal (h) will really see Spurs in a good position to achieve top 4 this season.

We now have our best defender back in Alderweireld and crucially a fully fit squad to choose from. That is a huge boost.

I just feel we are building up a good head of steam and usually save our best for the run in. Based on form over the last 10 games, I'll be surprised and very disappointed if we don't manage to overhaul at least one of Liverpool or Chelsea.

I feel 3rd is well within Spurs grasp.
  8. Feb 8, 2018

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

He is literally the worst poster I have seen on this forum for years
  9. Feb 8, 2018

gajender Full Member

I have read couple posters mention this but does it stand the scrutiny, you had amazing run in last season but totally collapsed during prior season's run in , during Pochetinno's first season it was again poor so this notion that you tend to finish stronger under Pochetinno is nothing but conjecture at the moment.
  10. Feb 8, 2018

Utdstar01 Full Member

Reckon Jose will have us massively up for the Chelsea and Liverpool games. He hates Conte and the scouse.
  11. Feb 8, 2018

VanGaalEra Full Member

Win this weekend against Newcastle and I'd say we are pretty comfortable.

Would take a LVG December style meltdown for it to go pear shaped.
  12. Feb 8, 2018

Dumbstar Full Member

I don't think Jose dislikes Klopp or vice versa despite the contrasting playing styles. He might dislike the Scouse obviously but managers don't care about fans that much in the grand scheme of things. Conte on the other hand.
  13. Feb 8, 2018

Utdstar01 Full Member

Never said he had anything against Klopp. He's disliked Liverpool for a long while, the dislike has grown more and more since the 'ghost goal'. Hence why he was so determined on stopping you winning the title 3 years ago was it?
  14. Feb 8, 2018

dwd Saturday Night Spies

We’ve still got some tough games coming up, I wouldn’t be confident until at least the end of March if the gap is still what it is now.
  15. Feb 8, 2018

RedSky likes to kick 10-year-olds Scout

The below are taken from the 1st January to last game of the season.

14/15
    10 wins, 3 draws, 6 losses - longest winning streak ( 3 games)

15/16
    10 wins, 5 draws, 4 losses - longest winning streak ( 6 games)

16/17
    16 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses - longest winning streak ( 10 games)

17/18
    3 wins, 3 draws - longest winning streak ( 2 games)

Their form has gradually improved, but given they already have 3 draws this season it does suggest they wont be able to beat last seasons form. Replicating 15/16s form would probably be enough for a top 3 imo.
  16. Feb 8, 2018

Rafateria Banned

And the lack of thought shown in your response. Anyone should be able to work out the difference between a 'Squad' and a 'Team'. Learn to read a post properly.
  17. Feb 8, 2018

Rafateria Banned

There was another one who was here up until it was obvious City were going to win the league. I forgot who he was now but every post was how United were easily going to overhaul them and how everyone else who couldn't see this was a traitor to the club. He's disappeared. Or maybe it's Red Rom in another guise !!
  18. Feb 8, 2018

Rafateria Banned

Hang on ! You posted that THIS MORNING ? Am I living in the future ? Or there a time-warp going on here ? You do know that United vs Huddersfield and Liverpool vs. Spurs are now in the past, right ? :D :D :D
  19. Feb 8, 2018

gajender Full Member

Oh I agree they have improved year on year under Pochetinno but last year seemed more of an outlier rather than the norm and for me run in is last 6-8 games of the season and they need to do better than their 15-16 second half form because replicating it would lead them to around 72 points which might not be enough for top 4.
  20. Feb 8, 2018

SirAF Ageist

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, that was the only motivation too :drool: Chelsea didn't have anything else to play for at that stage, did they?
  21. Feb 8, 2018

Djemba-Djemba Full Member

I'm pretty confident we'll be top 4 and really we should finish 2nd because I think we're the 2nd best team in the league.

I mean it doesn't really matter I suppose whether you finish 2nd or 3rd or 4th anymore but I'd still like to finish in front of the rest.
  22. Feb 8, 2018

africanspur Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    It's not quite conjecture, it's objective fact. In every season under Poch, we've picked up more points in the second 19 games than in the first 19.

Of course other clubs may pick up more but after so many seasons, i don't think it's coincidence.
  23. Feb 8, 2018

Tincanalley Turns player names into a crappy conversation

If he is still here, Conte will be up for us too.:cool:
  24. Feb 8, 2018

Organic Potatoes Full Member

Supports:
    Colorado Rapids
    I’d imagine Jose would try to have us up for all the league matches. That’s sort of why he’s here.
  25. Feb 8, 2018

anant Full Member

Chelsea will drop out of the top 4 even though they haven't been as bad as media is making it out to be (atleast not for the majority of the season). Us, City, Spurs and Pool to finish in top 4 and Arsenal to win EL.
  26. Feb 8, 2018

gajender Full Member

In 2015-16 season it was even split and 2014-15 there was marginal improvement , but my point was more about run in rather than splitting season in two Half's like games in April and May leading up to the conclusion of the league what Sir Alex used to call squeaky bum time.
  27. Feb 8, 2018

Wengerscoat Full Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    May God put rivers of honey in your mouth my friend.
  28. Feb 8, 2018

Mush Yusuf New Member

I hope Pool and Chelsea lose out on Top four as there managers have been running their mouths about our club all the time, whinging and moaning every chance they get, if anything Mourinho has been very calm and relaxed even when results have not gone our way due to bad refereeing decisions.
  29. Feb 8, 2018

unitedforeveral Banned

There are a total of 36 points left and all the top 6 teams have difficult matches coming up in the second half of the season including some horrendous fixtures for Chelsea who go against Barca, City, United and Barca again. I wouldn't be surprised if even City drag their title run until the last month. We still need to do a lot to secure 2nd.
  30. Feb 8, 2018

CA1 Full Member

Yes I do.

I was posting that as a viewpoint regarding our top 4 hopes after last Wednesday night vs Spurs and why it seems to be going our way.
  31. Feb 9, 2018

Kraftwerker Formerly RedAddict

Are you trying to claim Liverpool have a better team than United?

With Coutinho gone, only Firmino and Salah make it into a United team.

Your midfield, defence and goalkeeper are a bad joke. Even VVD looks like a downgraded Smalling.

Mane would be dislodged by any of Sanchez, Martial or Lukaku, especially given his poor form this season.
  32. Feb 10, 2018

Halds New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool FC
    Ahh.. Your team is so much better than Liverpools, that only Firmino and Salah would make it in your team.

So.. Being just five points ahead, when your team is so superior, does that make Klopp a better manager than Mourinho? ;)
  33. Feb 10, 2018

RedRom "Where's Lingard?"

Really?? Who would you drop from our team to put them into our team?
  34. Feb 10, 2018

Class of 63 Full Member

Lingard and Jesse :lol:
  35. Feb 10, 2018

AltiUn likes playing with swords after fantasies

Oh God, now you've done it! :lol:
  36. Feb 10, 2018

Cassady Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley

Supports:
    Accrington Stanley.
    He's disliked us since 2004 because he wanted to become our manager but we knocked him back.
  37. Feb 10, 2018

roonster09 Full Member

Any links for that? Chelsea or Liverpool in no contest tbf.
  38. Feb 10, 2018

Cassady Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley

Supports:
    Accrington Stanley.
  39. Feb 10, 2018

roonster09 Full Member

40. Feb 10, 2018

el3mel Full Member

Only Salah will make it.