Torres to Chelsea

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by RonaldoVII, Jan 27, 2011.

1. May 20, 2012

Freak Born a freak always a freak.

He probably needs to leave Chelsea and maybe even the Premier League. He should go back to spain and re-build from there, though I'm not sure to which club.
  2. May 20, 2012

Judge Red Don't Call Me Douglas

The first thing the man needs to do is accept that Drogba kept him on the bench through merit. He's spent most of his time at Chelsea as the butt of endless jokes. To leave with a CL medal and a whinge would be an act of gross cuntery.
  3. May 20, 2012

Lawman Full Member

Would take him for £20-25million think there are signs he's coming back.
  4. May 20, 2012

RonaldoVII Full Member

E236:24:101 Betfair: UTFAKVVTJ PSN:FrozenInHell
    He should go to Arsenal when Van Persie leaves. He'd score shit loads there, or most other places than Chelsea.
  5. May 20, 2012

Dumbstar Full Member

I believe in Brendan, hopefully Brendan does too
    Even after a long rest and injury-less run he still looks a third of the player he was at Liverpool. Anyone considering him for £20million needs their head checked.
  6. May 20, 2012

Neo_Mufc Full Member

Shevchenko part II.

The form he's picked up now is a fraction of what he was doing at Liverpool.
  7. May 20, 2012

MUFCgal Full Member

I'd take him for £20m. I think alongside Rooney, he'd score goals. He may never go back to the player he was at Liverpool, but I'd think he'd be better than what he is now at Chelsea.

I think him and Rooney would be a good partnership, and with the service we get from the wingers, he would get goals.

Can't see it ever happening though.
  8. May 20, 2012

Trionz Banned

Shouldn't have left Liverpool for me.
    While CL is important atraction for players, they forget how important it is to be adored by fans.
    He was considered a legend at Liverpool and had he stayed, they would have still loved him despite his lack of form or in fact modified their play to suit him.
  9. May 20, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

He simply needs to understand that the reason he hasn't played the role he expected to is because he hasn't been good enough. Drogba hasn't had his best season, but he's still a better player and has delivered in the bigger games.

If he's going to go anywhere, then it'll be Atletico maybe. Back to his old club; good place to try and rebuild his career.

Anyone saying they'd take him for £20m is daft. He generally hasn't been playing well for 2 years now, with the odd spurt of form here and there, one of them being recent. He's had so many false dawns of looking better in that time though.
  10. May 20, 2012

Sparky_Hughes Donkey Buggering Tyrant who cheats at Monopoly

Bugger me.....a ladyboy and an o.a.peadophile, are you trying to form the worlds most perverted frontline?
  11. May 20, 2012

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    Athletico Madrid will sell Falcao and buy Torres. That's my prediction.
  12. May 20, 2012

antihenry Full Member

Why should he give a shit about love of the fans, if his career is going nowhere?

And some of those Pool fans would eventually turn on him, if his form hasn't improved for as long as it did.

Torres is Spanish, born and bred Atletico Madrid, he doesn't owe anything to Liverpool fan base, same as CFC support. Football is his profession, he is in it to win trophies and make money. Fans' adoration is obviously a plus, but I'm sure it's not at the top of his priorities.
  13. May 20, 2012

antihenry Full Member

As for the interview, I find the timing quite odd.

The biggest reason for his struggles at Chelsea is Torres himself. If he played like the Torres of old, those struggles and misunderstandings he mentioned wouldn't be there.

If anything, the club, the players and the fans were extremely patient and supportive of him despite the fact that his form has been mostly poor throughout his CFC career so far.
  14. May 20, 2012

Zen86 Full Member

He was always a gobby little shite, I take joy in his misery.
  15. May 20, 2012

Count Orduck Full Member

If Chelsea have any sense they'll cut their losses and offload him, possibly in part-exchange plus cash for someone like Falcao who'll suit their playstyle a hell of a lot better.
  16. May 20, 2012

B20 Giggsy! Giggsy! Giggsy!

He is off. Fingers crossed anyway.

Please go to Spain or somewhere outside England when you do feck off, Fernando. Ta.
  17. May 20, 2012

Kraftwerker Formerly RedAddict

With Drogba leaving in the summer, surely Torres realises he'll play a leading role next season?
  18. May 20, 2012

FCBarca Full Member

I don't think it'd matter really, Chelsea weren't going to play the sort of football he was hoping to play anyway...Strange considering Mata is likely to remain...Can't say I feel sorry for the player, he pushed for the move, got it and squandered the chances he had...and he did have chances to show his quality...Striker has been in a funk for a year, can't imagine even Del Bosque calling him for the Euros...but then again Villa is probably out as well...Ultimately, can't say he's done anything to earn a spot in the squad

Either way, hope he turns it around
  19. May 20, 2012

Homeomorphic Banned

I will try to translate this from Goonerish into English:

You are welcome.
  20. May 20, 2012

Moston Red Formerly Giggs1973

He should have come to us before Liverpool. He would have progressed.
  21. May 20, 2012

Neo_Mufc Full Member

I doubt they would. They have signed some absolute shite and still stick up for them no matter what. We take the piss out of their loyalty for rubbish players but I couldn't ever see them turning on him especially after he reached legendary status after a year or so there.
  22. May 20, 2012

MUFCgal Full Member

I thought I read that Chelsea were going to have talks with Drogba about a new contract.

If Drogba leaves, Torres would be daft to also leave as that'll be his chance to be the man up front for Chelsea. But if Drogba stays, then Torres will likely leave.

I would love SAF to put in a cheeky 20-25m bid, just to see what Torres would do. Given his Liverpool past, would he consider coming to us?
  23. May 20, 2012

Kraftwerker Formerly RedAddict

Would you have really wanted to mess with that triumvirate of Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez which won us the CL?
  24. May 20, 2012

Neo_Mufc Full Member

If he's willing to move to Chelsea he's willing to move to United IMO.

He's short of confidence. I wouldn't personally want us to sign him.
  25. May 20, 2012

MUFCgal Full Member

Liverpool's rivalry with us is a whole lot different to the rivalry with Chelsea.
  26. May 20, 2012

Cling Bak Hi, I'm Barry Scott

Well this confirms a few things about Torres' private life that I've long suspected...

I thought he left to win things.
  27. May 20, 2012

You can't seriously believe that. It's order of magnitude differently.

Torres might do it because he doesn't comprehend what will happen or simply doesn't care, but he would have to be a right Owen to even think about it when he has other options.
  28. May 20, 2012

kietotheworld Banned

The Liverpool fans have shown no loyalty whatsoever to him, I don't see why he should show any loyalty to them by restricting his options when he's moving.
  29. May 20, 2012

Neo_Mufc Full Member

I understand the rivalry is extremely greater. I just don't think he'd be that bothered as long as he's banging the goals in. When he left Liverpool he did criticise Liverpool/fans. On the day they win the CL he's talking as if he wants to leave, don't think he cares much about the Chelsea fans too.
  30. May 20, 2012

Moston Red Formerly Giggs1973

Triumvirate??

Maybe we would have won the league cup too :)
  31. May 20, 2012

Skorenzy Full Member

I don't think even Atléti are THAT clueless...

Falcao in a friendly yesterday:

32. May 20, 2012

Ekeke Full Member

:annoyed:

He played shit for ages for them then when they were hoping he'd finally be back to playing decent football, he demands a move to Chelsea.

When were they supposed to be loyal to him?
  33. May 20, 2012

Ekeke Full Member

Also, he and Di Matteo clearly spoke as Chelsea's penalty takers were being picked. Did he ask not to take one? As he didnt take one.
  34. May 20, 2012

antihenry Full Member

The problem with Torres/Drogba issue is that they proved they can't play effectively together, they just get in each other's way. One has to go and given Drogba's age it's obvious he's closer to the exit.

I'm sure CFC buying Torres thought he'd replace aging Drogba and will be our new target man. Unfortunately, his poor form and low confidence made the whole plan near impossible to implement. Drogba's fine performances in big games this season once again reminded Chelsea what a huge void will have to be filled once he's gone and I doubt even the biggest Torres supporter could claim he made a convincing case for being the main man upfront for Chelsea as Didier did for the last eight years.
  35. May 20, 2012

Ekeke Full Member

Well he did a decent job playing with Drogba last night, even though it was just as a sub against tired players.
  36. May 20, 2012

I can only assume kio thinks we should have been loyally cheering him in a blue shirt.

He was properly wound up at Anfield this season. Looked shellshocked, tbh. Don't know wtf he was expecting. But yeah, giving this interview the day after the CL final does give the impression of a player for whom fan sensitivity is not even a factor in his decisions.
  37. May 20, 2012

My guess is he will be at Malaga or PSG next year. They are the only ones who don't mind a paying 20m+ on a punt that he might come good again.
  38. May 20, 2012

kietotheworld Banned

You can do what you want, but it's absurd to boo the feck out of him whenever he plays against you, burn his shirt outside Anfield, and then expect him not to move to your rivals. This is a man who spent the best years of his career trying to take Liverpool back to the top when he could have moved to virtually any side in Europe, and he gets castigated for finally moving on to the Champions of England when it's clear Liverpool are in no position to match his ambitions.
  39. May 21, 2012

Unam333 Full Member

I would welcome the idea of Torres at United. He's a class player IMO.
    However, problems are: Chelsea wouldn't sell him to us, Torres wages, possibly the transfer fee, Torres isn't Fergie's kind of buys and Torres' Liverpool background.

You remember people saying that Tevez at United and Torres at Liverpool should be the order way around considering the formations we played in?

If Berbatov leaves, the no. 9 shirt will be vacant. Torres at United with the no. 9 shirt. Would be perfect.
  40. May 21, 2012

Theon Full Member

It certainly has to be a club like Malaga, although I still can't see them going for it unless he is very cheap. His wages will be unreal as well, so even at a discount he'll be too expensive for most clubs and will probably feck up the wage structure as well.