Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Damien, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 7, 2019

sam147 New Member

Neves would suit out system more than he does Wolves and he has been great for his first PL season. Also in regards to 'wasting funds' would you prefer them to be shared as dividends and leeched by the Glazers or invested into proper footballers. What is this nonsensical obsession with funds? James Garner is 17, he is in no way ready to be a starting player in such an important position for a PL team, especially Manchester United.
  2. Mar 7, 2019

SS Full Member

No, he hasn't. Have you actually seen much of him, or are you assuming that Wolves doing pretty well this season must mean that he's been great?
  3. Mar 7, 2019

SalfordRed18 Full Member

Hes looked far too good for wolves every time ive seen them play tbf...
  4. Mar 7, 2019

sam147 New Member

I think people are expecting a 21 year old kid to look like prime modric in midfield. He has been great almost every game I've seen. I think he would shine at United, especially the way we play.
  5. Mar 7, 2019

Adnan Full Member

I watched Neves play at Huddersfield, I was at the game. He got pressed by Hudds and he just kept dropping deeper until he was alongside the CB's. His passing was terrible in the game and he's quite slow and immobile. The Wolves fans are also losing patience with him, and they watch him play on a regular basis. He hasn't been great in the prem like you are saying, if anything he's been average.

I'd like to see us buy a Matic replacement, but want that replacement to be someone that will come in and upgrade our first team. I don't want someone who is struggling at a midtable club. I'd rather James Garner be given a chance ahead of Ruben Neves who is struggling at Wolves.
  6. Mar 7, 2019

BlackShark_80 Full Member

Butragueno is trying to convince Zidane to accept Real Madrid Job.

Zidane’s condition to return is for the club to clear out the old guard and start a new revolution.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  7. Mar 7, 2019

Judas Open to offers

Bit surprised if true.
  8. Mar 7, 2019

JarleA Full Member

Zidane was waiting for the United job. Since that's out of the question for a while, why not revive Real Madrid?
  9. Mar 8, 2019

Freak Born a freak always a freak.

My money is on Jose to Madrid. Zidane to either Chelsea or PSG if either of their managers get the sack.
  10. Mar 8, 2019

golden_blunder Site admin. Manchester United fan Staff

Zidane would sour his rep if he went back. He saw what was coming before he jumped ship
  11. Mar 8, 2019

Adnan Full Member

12. Mar 9, 2019

Flytan Full Member

So they won't have excuses if they don't back him then.
  13. Mar 9, 2019

deafepl Full Member

Ed Woodward is more likely to back him if Ole is targeting long term player like Sancho, De Ligt, etc. As far as we know CB like Koulibaly is our top target this summer.

I'd like us to go for mixed ages between experienced/proven player before 28 years old where they could give us 5 years of service, young top players like Pogba, Lindelof as they were both 22/23 when we signed them and youth signing like Dalot, Martial. I don't want us to be linked with the likes of Ramos, Bale, 30 years old+, etc.
  14. Mar 9, 2019

lysglimt Full Member

I dont mind us signing a 29 or 30 year old - but its when we constantly get linked to these players I get worried. If we can get a quality 29-30 year old at a fairly ok price - fine sign him, but paying £70 million for a player who at best has 3-4 years left on his contract is not financially sound. Or if it's quite obvious we need an experienced player - fine.

When it comes to our defense where we next season quite likely could have Shaw at 24, Dalot at 20 and Lindelöf at 25 as starters - it would even make sense to have an experienced defender to guide them.
  15. Mar 9, 2019

Devil may care Full Member

Might well rule out Koulibaly.
  16. Mar 9, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    But welcome in de ligt :drool:
  17. Mar 9, 2019

Adnan Full Member

18. Mar 9, 2019

All of the best performances I've seen from Lozano for both PSV and Mexico were him playing LW in pretty much the same fashion as Martial.
  19. Mar 9, 2019

andersj Nick Powell Expert

And you have seen much from him playing both on the right and the left then?
  20. Mar 9, 2019

Svartzonker New Member

Seems like this one is completely made up. Dont think he has what it takes to make it here.

Avoid.
  21. Mar 9, 2019

redDNA New Member

According to whoscored he has played for he has played RW 15 times scored 8 goals with 6 assists,LW 10 times scored 6 goals and 1 assist,AM 3 times 1 goal and 1 assist.

He can play in multiple positions,but I agree with you,I think that his best position is LW(I stand to be corrected).
  22. Mar 9, 2019

For Mexico he looked a different player when they switcfhed him, cutting in on his strongest foot seemed his biggest weapon to me. For PSV he played decently and was on the LW, I've not seen him on the RW for them in the EL games I saw.

Interesting, are those stats all for PSV this season in the league?
  23. Mar 9, 2019

Mihai Full Member

I think our transfers in central midfield will be influenced by Herrera's contract. If he signs, i don't think we will be in market for anyone.
  24. Mar 9, 2019

redDNA New Member

No , the World cup,Eredivisie and UCL
  25. Mar 9, 2019

Has he been out for a bit this season?
  26. Mar 9, 2019

deadrevelz New Member

We have Smalling who has played very well with Lindelof. If (unlikely...) we bought De Ligt and felt he wasn't ready for certain games, (also unlikely), we could play Smalling. Or even push Smalling to RB if Dalot isn't defensively solid.

Re: the tweet, I'm happy if this is true. Hopefully we aren't looking at Bale etc. Don't think we should sign any player in their late 20s for big money. If we could get one cheaply or on a free, like RvP, Falcao, Zlatan, Larsson, Owen etc I would have no complaints. It also MAY suggest we are looking at De Ligt and Sancho. Or could be AWB and Felix. Or Magnuss Eikrem. Can't wait for the summer!
  27. Mar 9, 2019

redDNA New Member

No idea mate.
  28. Mar 9, 2019

dutchred Full Member

He Is not good enough for United.
  29. Mar 9, 2019

sam147 New Member

He can play for a solid 5 years. I think signings like Perisic who has been abysmal this season and has one or two seasons left in him are what the club wants to avoid
  30. Mar 9, 2019

No disagreement.

Wasn't Perisic around the same age when Mourinho wanted him? Also Koulibaly's game relies a lot on his considerable physical attributes, at £100M that might be considered a risk for a 28 year old.
  31. Mar 9, 2019

jesperjaap Full Member

Shouldnt be any surprise and if true good to see, he has been following the proper traditions of the club, so good if he does transfer wise too.
  32. Mar 9, 2019

passing-wind Full Member

Supports:
    Pass & Move
    I wouldn't even take Lozano over Lingard down the right. He's not good enough to make the starting 11 and is in bad form as of late, some Eridivise talents are worth a mention but I think him and Bergwijn are overrated. If we are looking for an effective winger than I think Nicolas Pepe is more proven as Ligue 1 is more competitive.

Club should prioritise Sancho for the RW position.
  33. Mar 9, 2019

sam147 New Member

Wasn't Perisic around the same age when Mourinho wanted him? Also Koulibaly's game relies a lot on his considerable physical attributes, at £100M that might be considered a risk for a 28 year old.[/QUOTE]
    Different positions. A winger requires a much better engine than a CB. We need instant quality alongside building for the future. Our scouting network is vast but can never seem to pick out top players in the positions we need. It depends on what we are aiming for, if we want to challenge for the league we need a CB in his prime. De ligt is mature beyond his years but still not ready. Koulibaly is the best option in my opinion. If we are building to challenge in the next 3 years then De ligt would be a good option.
  34. Mar 9, 2019

I wasn't thinking so much about engine or stamina, moreso that Koulibaly's speed and athelticism are a key part of why he's a good defender, and those are attributes that can nosedive fast when a player gets a bit older, I'm just saying at £100M it's something the club might be taking into consideration. As for de Ligt, who knows, he's a natural leader and performing against teams like Bayern and Lindelof, and on top of that Smalling is playing quite well alongside Lindelof so it's not like we would be pinning everything on de Ligt hitting the ground at 100mph.
  35. Mar 11, 2019

Adnan Full Member

I'm guessing this means that Zidane wants Pogba and Kante at Madrid next season.?
    @carvajal
  36. Mar 11, 2019

Adnan Full Member

37. Mar 11, 2019

simonhch Horrible boss

Supports:
    Urban Combat Preparedness
    Pogba or Kante. Not both. And it's speculative. Ortego says "I believe Zidane will try to bring in Pobga or Kante."
  38. Mar 11, 2019

Sean_RedDevil Twitter bot

They don't have the money for Pogba.
  39. Mar 11, 2019

I don't think they'll get either, by the time they buy a CB, Hazard and a striker they'll not have enough for them, I could actually see Rabiot ending up there on a free now.
  40. Mar 11, 2019

Sean_RedDevil Twitter bot

:lol:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.