Transfer Wishlist Options

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Walters_19_MuFc, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Mar 7, 2019

Walters_19_MuFc Full Member

Consensus seems to be that we're likely to target four players in the summer.

Those four players are said to be a:

Centre Back
    Right Back
    Centre Midfielder
    Winger

Now, as you all know, i'm sure Ole and the rest of the scouting staff will have their number one target in each of these positions, however it's not always possible to get these players and will also be scouting another 2-3 players in the same position.

In order, who would your three realistic options for each position be?
  2. Mar 7, 2019

Junajted New Member

Wan Bissaka
    De Ligt
    Declan Rice
    Sancho
  3. Mar 7, 2019

bucky Full Member

CB: De Ligt, Diallo, Zagadou
    FB: Ferland Mendy, Atal, Aaron Martin
    MF: NDombele, Fabian Ruiz, Cyprien
    W/#10: Sancho, Dybala, Fekir
  4. Mar 7, 2019

Okey Full Member

Depends how the club wanna go. Splash the cash with potential long term players, or prudence while giving our youth a chance. I'd go for prudence especially if Ole gets a few years here, seeing as he's looking more and more like a SAF clone.
    *Alderweireld - proven quantity, known buyout clause. Absolutely gettable. If we're splashing, both De Ligt and Koulibaly in that order are available, if we pay up.
    *Meunier if PSG will sell. Not sure what their right back plans are. Wan Bissaka a good alternative though won't come with the experience.
    *Rakitic - knock on that door hard enough. His time at Barca may have run its course. Ndombele a good alternative if we go the other way. Ruben Neves is tasty but will mean we need another as he's mainly DM rather than box to box.
    *Cengiz Under - I'm not in the 100m for Sancho brigade. I think he needs at least one more season to be worth that much. He didn't exactly pull up trees vs Spurs. Might get there but not yet. Douglas Costa would be another prudent alternative. A left footer will give the team more balance.
    I think the above first choices give us quality at prudent prices while giving our youth a chance and assessing other options like Sancho for the future. Under is young but a good bet hedge without taking the risk on Sancho at current market value.
    My opinion of course...what do I know?
  5. Mar 7, 2019

Bwuk Full Member

De Ligt & Sancho would transform this side.
  6. Mar 7, 2019

ArjenIsM3 Full Member

In order of preference..

CB: De Ligt / Koulibaly / Manolas
    RB: Meunier / Wan Bissaka / Calabria
    MF: Ndombele / Neves / Rice
    RW: Sancho / Dybala / Pepe
  7. Mar 7, 2019

sam147 New Member

CB: Koulibaly (27 years old)
    LB: Alex Telles/Mendy. (LB is a bigger priority than RB in my opinion) (26 years old)
    RB: Hysaj/Or anyone experienced enough to cover who isnt Ashley Young. (25 years old)
    DM: Rodri (release clause 60m) (22 years old)
    RW: Sancho or Pepe/or anyone who isnt Juan Mata. (18 years old)

That would strenghten our key areas and we could challenge for the title. The players are all at the right ages. We need a young long term player who can provide quality at the same time for DM and RW. RB we have Dalot so we need experience, the same for LB. Dalot is a more attacking player while Hysaj is defensive. It is vice versa for Shaw and Telles. Koulibaly is an absolute monster, he can play LCB, he has all the attributes to take charge of the defence and lead us to a title.

Outgoing wishlist:
    Rojo, Darmian, Jones, Valencia, Mata and Sanchez.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  8. Mar 7, 2019

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Wan Bissaka
    De Ligt
    Joao Felix/Bruno Fernandes/Ndonmbele
    Sancho/Brandt/Dybala/Pepe
  9. Mar 7, 2019

reddaz71 New Member

Sancho,Rabiot,Icardi,Alderweireld.
  10. Mar 7, 2019

jesperjaap Full Member

De Ligt, Koulibaily, Upemecano
    Bissaka or nobody as we have Dalot
    Ascacibar, Ndombele, Tonali
    Chiesa, Dybala, Dembele (would only go for expectional players here if we were to sign as we have so many good youngsters coming through who could play there)
  11. Mar 7, 2019

redDNA New Member

'Statement' signing
    CB-Koulibaly;De Ligt.
    RB-Aaron wan bissaka.
    CM-Ndombele;Jao Felix
    RW-Sancho;Pepe;Dybala

'No value in the market ' signing.
    CB-Toby;Ake.
    RB-Munier.
    CM-Rabiot.
    Rw-Douglas Costa.

NB: I am not on the Sancho train;a good player for sure;but not worth 100m;last year everybody thought that SMS was worth +75m;but his stock has fallen.I have watched a lot of Wolves games this season and I have not seen anything special from Neves to warrant the hype on caf.Tanguy is our man.
  12. Mar 7, 2019

MaxiPaxi likes to shove his mum's boiled eggs up his rectum

De Ligt and Sancho would be ideal.
  13. Mar 7, 2019

Macedonian Red New Member

Wan Bisaka/Mounier
    De Light/Skriniar
    Pjanic
    Sancho/Dybala
  14. Mar 7, 2019

Devil may care Full Member

I'm selecting 3 to go by the OP's question, I don't actually have 3 options I really want at CB and RB, and I changed the winger to forward as I think we'll stick with the diamond.

Centre Back:
    de Ligt
    Koulibaly
    3. Milenkovic

Right Back:
    1. Meunier
    2. Sidibie
    3. Rafael

Centre Midfielder:
    Rodri
    Neves
    Aouar

Forward:
    1. Joao Felix
    2. Luka Jovic
    Werner
  15. Mar 7, 2019

Macern Pee pee pants

CB: De Ligt, Koulibaly, Skriniar
    RB: Meunier, Lala, Doherty
    Midfielder: Neves, Bruno Fernandes, Witsel
    RW: Sancho, Douglas Costa, Lozano
  16. Mar 7, 2019

Macern Pee pee pants

If we get these two in the summer I’ll be more happy with the transfer window than I’ve ever been before.
  17. Mar 8, 2019

BrianMcClair'sBarnet Full Member

Major priorities:
    CB
    CM
    RW
  18. Mar 8, 2019

SAFMUTD Full Member

To go with the OPs question in order of prefference:

Centre Back: De ligt, Koulibally, Skriniar
    Right Back: Wan Bissaka, Ricardo Pereira, Meunier
    Centre Midfielder: Ndombele, Ndidi, Bruno Fernandes
    Winger: Sancho, Nicolas Pepe, Suso

But I think we shouldn't focus too much in the CB, we had that discussion with Mourinho for so long that everyone thinks we desperately need a CB, when in fact Smalling and Lindelof are proving to be really solid and we have Jones, Rojo and Bailly in addition to Tuanzebe. Who are not top class but for sure are good squad options. Actually we should get rid of at least one.

Our most critical position is RW, followed by RB and we desperately need depth for the midfield.

I wouldn’t mind at all if we got ourselves one RW, one RB, one CM,one CDM and no CB. If we only have 200 million to splash in the summer lest spend it on our weakest spots not on a CB that may very well end up costing 70-80 millions.
  19. Mar 8, 2019

ErranMorad New Member

My four would be: LB (backup), CB, CM & RW

LB - Don't really know. Tierney?
    CB - Koulibaly
    CM - Don't really know. But would like someone who is comfortable on the ball & is a good passer.
    RW - Sancho. If not him that Fekir as an attacking option who can play multiple positions. If we had the money I would buy both and let go of Sanchez & Mata.
  20. Mar 8, 2019

Nirv New Member

CB: Koulibaly, De Ligt, Milenkovic
    RB: Meunier, Dalot, Wan Bisaka
    CM: Veratti, Rice, Garner
    Winger: Pepe, Chong, Greenwood

I know I have listed players from our existing team, but I am in favor of grooming our prospects rather than splashing the cash if they have shown enough potential. CB is probably the only area I do not see any up and coming whom I have high hopes on.
  21. Mar 8, 2019

Andersons Dietician Full Member

Supports:
    Supports good football
    CB: DeLigt, Militao,Skriniar
    CM: Ndombele,Neves,Saul, Gomes (Everton/Barca)
    CDM: Casemiro, Rice, one from above
    RB: Meunier, Carvajl, Wan-Bissaka
    RW: Dembele, Sancho

I’m not as certain we even really need a ready made RW option right now if the front 3 is Martial, Lukaku, Rashford, we’d then have Lingard, Chong, Greenwood who could all rotate in.

RB we can probably muddle through another year with Young as we see what is up with Dalot.
  22. Mar 8, 2019

starman Full Member

5 for me

CB DeLigt
    Alternative: Skriniar
    Cheap Option: Alderweireld

RB Kimmich
    Alternative: Wan-Bissaka
    Cheap Option: Doherty/Pereira

CM Neves
    Alternative: Rice/NDombele
    Cheap Option: Rabiot

RW Sancho
    Alternative: Pepe
    Cheap Option: Hudson Odoi

FW Griezmann
    Alternative: Son
    Cheap Option: Vardy
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  23. Mar 8, 2019

Inter Yer Nan Full Member

CB: Koulibaly as he's in his prime and would have a VVD like impact, De Ligt I heard is a blue chip prospect or there's Alderweireld who'd come on the cheap due to his clause.

RB: Wan Bissaka is young and English and a realistically obtainable option at a decent price. I don't want to see Young playing much next season but it could be a gamble throwing Dalot in as a regular starter so not sure what would be my plan B or C for the position. Perhaps Meunier if he's available?

CM: Eriksen would be my muppet signing but even with a contract winding down I just think he'd be too hard to obtain and Real Madrid will be all over him so I think Rabiot is a good option on a free but he's seen as a massive bell end so not sure. I like Rice a lot but feel that's one more for next summer given his age, new contract and whatnot so another option I guess based on what I've read we could be looking at would be Bruno Fernandes I guess.

RW: I think Lukaku-Martial-Rashford can work but I don't think we should let Sancho get away. I can see the club waiting a year though and the player being fine with that but I'd sign him if we could. Douglas Costa is a good option too and could come at a reasonable price though he generally plays more on the left doesn't he? I think RB, MF, CB are higher priorities than settling on someone lesser than Sancho for now though. I think our options are good and the lads already there now will benefit more from a better RB and CM.
  24. Mar 8, 2019

UnrelatedPsuedo I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Why is VVD absent here? Do people genuinely feel he’s impossible to buy?
  25. Mar 8, 2019

Red Royal New Member

No way would he move or would we try to get him
  26. Mar 8, 2019

Hugh Jass Full Member

CB: Alderweirheld
    MF: Not actually sure. Have not seen enough of some of the players posters suggest.
    RW: Sancho. Anyone with speed and the ability to take on the defence.

RB can wait until January. Maybe Meunier. Have not seen enough of Wan Bissaka.
  27. Mar 8, 2019

Dolf Full Member

Not another thread on this.
    90% of the posts will contain De ligt / wan bissakka / Sancho
  28. Mar 8, 2019

Decomposing In Paris Full Member

For us? Yes.
  29. Mar 8, 2019

giggslover New Member

Why is no one talking about the young Ryan Sessegnon? Saw him this past weekend, looked like a lively player, some reports are saying Manchester Utd are interested and have even officially enquired.

Anyone interested in Bale?
  30. Mar 8, 2019

RedElf Full Member

Phil Jones might be as company in the treatment room.
  31. Mar 8, 2019

Decomposing In Paris Full Member

CB: Ether De Ligt or Koulibally... don't think we should settle for less there, otherwise just play Smalling & Lindeloff.

RB: Dalot (although he's great further forward) so like most I'd go for Wan Bissakka... but we have Laird, who I've never seen, but heard great things.

CM: Herrera, Pereira - get them signed up... also, Fred could finally be the new midfielder we thought we'd signed next season. It's an area I felt we were weak in going into the last few games... but those lads died for the shirt out there, you can't buy that.

Att: I'd like Joao Felix... I think he sees the game better than Sancho (not that Sancho isn't great)... but our forwards are good, we need to get Sanchez off the books and give that money to Dave.

Are we really going to give Solskjaer £150m when he's 5 points better off than anyone else in the league since he arrived? I'd have my concerns about that. If we signed De Ligt or Kulibally, and got De Gea and Herrera renewed, I'd see that as an ok summer. Throw in Felix and we are laughing.
  32. Mar 8, 2019

Heardy Full Member

So long as it isn’t the 104m on Bale who’ll be 30 before season starts as the internet is suggesting
  33. Mar 8, 2019

deadrevelz New Member

RB: Meunier, AWB
    CB: Koulibaly, Toby A
    Mid: B Fernandes, Joao Felix, Rice, Neves
    RW: D Unno

Sadly I don't think Sancho or De Ligt are realistic, and they are the best options for us. Not sure about Koulibaly due to the cost, but if we don't sign another big player I suppose it can't hurt to splash out on him this summer. AWB looks good but we have Dalot so maybe Meunier would make more sense. Whether PSG would sell him to us after this week I don't know. Midfield there is no-one that stands out for me. I think Rice is the best option but maybe not available. Right wing looks crap without Sancho and if we buy someone we may miss out on him next season.
  34. Mar 8, 2019

Irish Jet New Member

Supports:
    Anyone but Rashford
    We would sooner get Messi to sign for our women's team.
  35. Mar 8, 2019

MUfreak New Member

CB - de Ligt
    no compromise here

RB - Munier
    He is experienced and will help us introduce Dalot and Laird in while he fizzles out with age

CM - Neves/Verrati/Ndombele/Rakitic
    I mean we have to go for the absolute best out there if we are to compete with someone like City. I will like two of these if I am to be honest with you.

RW - Dybala
    For me this is more statement signing than someone like Sancho or J. Felix. He is more proven and will suit that diamond we always set out to play perfectly, then we get Pepe or Maximin as understudy.
  36. Mar 8, 2019

Valencia Shin Crosses Full Member

CB: De Ligt, Koulibaly, Hernandez
    RB: Cancelo, AWB, Meunier
    CM: Aouar, Ndombele, Neves
    Winger: Sancho, Pepe, Chukwueze
  37. Mar 8, 2019

Njord Full Member

Think Young and Dalot will be enough next season, and Laird could also play a role next season and season after the next. Think it's more important with cover/competition for Shaw. My picks:

De Ligt, Tierney, Aouar, Sancho
    Skriniar, Chilwell, Neves, Hudson-Odoi
    Dias, Mendy, Berge, Bailey

Would be happy with any combination of these twelve, or players of similar age and type. Hope our scouts can do a good job and unearth some gems.
  38. Mar 8, 2019

slored1 New Member

I believe we don't need a centre-back that much. We have Lindelöf and Smalling who are good enough, so unless a De Ligt option becomes avaliable, we should focus on other areas.

So, my dream summer:
    Wan Bissaka, Ndombele/Neves/Kante, Dybala/Sancho.
  39. Mar 9, 2019

jamesjimmybyrondean New Member

RW - Sancho
    DM - Rabiot
    RB - Meunier
    CB - Koulibaly/De ligt (Highly unlikely)

We need to buy players that will make us even more deadly on the counter and also know how to maintain possession.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2019
  40. Mar 9, 2019

IrishMcD New Member

Never gonna happen but the dream for me would be the following:
    De Ligt as a starter and potential legend. Going to be a monster for the next 15years. Toby for his release clause as a rotation option with Lindelof and sell Rojo, Jones and Bailly.
    I'd bring back Rafa, pretty sure he will be on a free, to replace Valencia and rotate with Dalot. He gets what it means to play for this club and I think he'd jump at the chance to work with Dalot and help him develop.
    Signing Sancho is nearly as much of a no-brainer as signing De Ligt in my opinion. Massive upgrade on what we have, loads of time to develop further, plays wide and with pace, takes a player on and has brilliant end product. A typical United winger of old, or as close as you will get in the current market.
    It's in central midfield I'm unsure of where our greatest need is, a Matic replacement or a top class option to replace, rotate with Herrera. Plenty names mentioned by others, all good options. Rabiot on a free would be good, even if he is a bit of a knob. But I'd imagine he is done deal to Barca already to add to their never ending list of options in midfield.