1. United Hour Podcast: The First Wobble
    Dismiss Notice

United 2020/21 FM

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by jesperjaap, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Aug 23, 2018

jesperjaap Full Member

So this season continues in a bad way. Mourinho leaves. Sanchez, Martial, Pogba etc and all of our defenders have continued to under perform. You are put in charge, given £150m and 80% of any money raised from transfers out... what would you do, formation, staff, dof etc for a squad of 28 players.

This thread isnt to be a realistic one of what you think may happen or could happen, its your dream of what you would like to see happen considering how bad things are at the moment, could be tweaks could be major changes.

Personally I would like a director of football to work with our scouts identifying mainly YOUNG talent and overseeing transfer negotiations from the first team right down to youth level. I would liek some of our ambassadors involved with this and mentoring young talents e.g Yorke for players from that area SOuth American players, Neville for English players etc. I would also like people like Scholes and Neville to have involvement in coaching of youth players and teaching them about the club, even if it is a part time role.

Personally I would go back to the 4-4-2 formation and I would be looking at a big overhaul of players:

Out
    Lee Grant (age)
    Young (age)
    Darmian (not good enough)
    Valencia (age)
    Rojo (not good enough)
    Lindelof (not good enough)
    JOnes (injury prone)
    McTominay (not good enough)
    Fellaini (doesnt suit style of play)
    Pogba (consistency and unrest)
    Martial (performances and unrest)
    Sanchez (performances, age, salary)
    Mata (age, not right for style of play)

£350m in sales - £280m spend + £150m = £430m available

In
    Upemecano £70m
    DeLight £40m
    Wan Bissaka £40m
    Ascacibar £30m
    NDOmbele £50m
    Guimaraes £40m
    Gouiri £35m
    Jadon Sancho £40m
    Chiesa £70m

£405m Net spend £125m

GK: DeGea - Romero - Perreira
    RB - Dalot - Wan Bissaka
    CB - Upemacano - Bailly- Fosuh Mensah
    CB - DeLight - Smalling - Tuanzabe
    LB - Shaw - Ethan Laird
    LW - Sancho - Rashford
    RW - Chiesa - Lingard - Chong
    CM - Ascacibar - Matic
    CM - Fred - NDombele - Pereira
    AM - Guimaraes - Gomes
    ST - Lukaku - Gouri - Greenwood

10 English players out of 28 - 10 players out of 28 bought through our youth system. Over half the squad would be 21 or under but plenty of experience from DeGea, Romero, Smalling, Lingard, Matic and Lukaku. So looking at a squad the fans can be proud of as mainly home grown and our own identity rather than ready made purchases with more of a history with other clubs.

DeGea would be captain. I would hope for Upemecano to be organising the defence with DeLight his long term partner and hoping ideal situation is Dalot converts to left back with Bissaka on the right for two very pacy attacking full backs

The hope would be Ascacibar to be the heartbeat and general on the pitch with his energy. heart and fight making him a fan favourite and bringing bite into the pressing game with any one of the other cm partnering him. Sancho and CHiesa I woul dbe hoping to be a version of Giggs and Beckham. Would want all of our wingers to play with freedom but have the work rate to track back instilled in them as well.

Guimaraes we would be hoping to be the modern day Cantona with Lukaku up front to start with, but being pressurised with the emergence of Gouri and Greenwood also ready for introduction into the team for games as well.

Would be looking to play at a very high tempo, breaking at pace and looking to get around the back of teams.

The main form of our defensive play would be to work in triangles pressing, similar to how the great Juventus team of the early-mid nineties used to play. The main emphasis would be lookign at winning the ball in the middle of the park by our central midfielders so that there are attacking players able to be level or ahead of the ball and break into the final third quickly (why Ascacibar could be so important).

Looking at a young squad as the tempo and workrate would require young legs (Pochettino likes this) and defeinatly a squad game, so woul dbe quite a lot of rotation to keep players fresh.

First season the aim would really be orientated towards playing the right way rather than results and gaining experience and gelling as a team. WOuld be starting with a lot of the experienced players as young players make mistakes and have less consistency. But would be hoping for several to take there chances and develop for a title charge in the second season.

Basically my dream is that we get a young attack minded manager as Mourinho sadly isnt the right man. The owners dont love the club and WOodward isnt a football man hence the DOF and introduction of explayres that do love the club. I would also like our team to have much more of an idenity as a yougn club with ecitign young players we turn into stars, players that are our own just as much as our youth products are. That is my dream, whats yours?
  2. Aug 24, 2018

Sassy Colin Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    Oh get a life, ffs!
  3. Aug 24, 2018

DonDarmian New Member

If United ever play this team we have offically become irrelevant
  4. Aug 24, 2018

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

2 seasons in means I will sign bunch of regens, they are the value for money signings.
  5. Aug 24, 2018

Coxy Full Member

Good effort OP - but please sell DeLigt’s name right!
  6. Aug 24, 2018

Lucky number 7 New Member

So you’ve turned us into a Southampton or Leicester type team.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2018
  7. Aug 24, 2018

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

Post of the year IMO. I'm with you brother.
  8. Aug 24, 2018

.Rossi ever get that feeling of déjà vu?

I hate modern football...
  9. Aug 24, 2018

Siorac Full Member

Upemecano, Ascacibar and Wan Bissaka? You're taking the piss, right? There is no way these people with such names actually exist.

(Yeah, I'm a bit out of the loop in terms of young talents through Europe, apparently).
  10. Aug 24, 2018

Emmet Sweaty Foot Monster

What a load of cods wallop :lol: Effort of a post but lets be honest, cant see one person taking the time and effort to do their idea of their fantasy team in 2021 like this
  11. Aug 24, 2018

Classical Mechanic Full Member

Wan Bissaka is the kid at Palace that took TFM's and Ward's place at right back. He looks highly impressive every time he plays, although he got a straight red against Pool the other day.

Upemecano is a young French talent we tried to sign for a while but he opted for Leipzig instead.

I'd add Ben Chilwell as a player we should be watching for the left back slot as well as he seem to be getting better all the time.

For the defensive I'd ideally like us to sign De Ligt, Maguire, Wan Bisakka and Chilwell.
  12. Aug 24, 2018

I made a thread about him last year.
  13. Aug 24, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

pfft, I posted about him three years ago.
  14. Aug 24, 2018

I can't find my thread.
  15. Aug 24, 2018

gajender Full Member

We should definitely track Chilwell progress even if for only reason that Liverpool were highly interested in him before they went for Robertson after they couldn't prise Chilwell away from Leicester they seem to getting most of their signings right lately and Wan Bisakka is also interesting prospect it would be nice to finally address our fullback situation if add these two alongside Dalot and Shaw though bit light on experience but good depth with ample scope for improvement.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  16. Aug 24, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

Here. You probably searched for Siorac and CM's misspelt version of his name.
  17. Aug 24, 2018

You beat me by a couple of months :mad:
  18. Aug 24, 2018

Bwuk Full Member

Ashley Young will be our first choice left back still.
  19. Aug 24, 2018

golden_blunder Site admin. Manchester United fan Staff

Damien deleted your inferior effort
  20. Aug 24, 2018

Massive Spanner Thinks Geoff Shreeves has one

:lol: wtf is this shit.
  21. Aug 24, 2018

Nonsense, I was over 3 years ahead of my time.
  22. Aug 24, 2018

Irish Jet Full Member

Supports:
    Anyone but Rashford
    Being realistic:

Donnarumma

Alaba Varane Hummels Sandro

Saul Kante Fellaini

Dybala

Mbappe Ronaldo​

IMO.

Sad to see De Gea go but we needed to free up funds for Mbappe.
  23. Aug 24, 2018

Gopher Brown Full Member

I've just heard that Sancho is only going to be available for £41m in summer 2021. Does your plan still work?
  24. Aug 24, 2018

Berbaclass Full Member

Alaba at RB :houllier:

lol
  25. Aug 24, 2018

Who would buy DeGea?
  26. Aug 24, 2018

IAmAWinner Full Member

Upemecano, Guimaraes,Ascacibar, Gouiri. Who are these people? I haven't played Football Manager in years, so not really in touch with wunderkids.
  27. Aug 24, 2018

JB08 Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

Supports:
    Purchasing Kalidou Koulibaly
    I agree with Sassy Colin.
  28. Aug 24, 2018

No he’ll be closer to the scrap heap then!
  29. Aug 24, 2018

Welcome to getting old
  30. Aug 24, 2018

Jacob Full Member

Didn't read.
  31. Aug 24, 2018

jesperjaap Full Member

Neither have I. Upemecano plays for Leipzig, we were linked to him a couple of years ago. He is a very good young French centre back, reminds me a little of Sol Campbell. Guimaraes starred in the Brazilian youth team a couple of years ago that included Viniscus Junior being the star player (since signed for Madrid for £40-50m or something). I would say he is a cross between Xavi and COutinho, not seen him since that tournament where he was amazing but he has just signed a new contract with his club with a release clause of £50m. Was linked to us and Arsenal the last couple of years and now looks like Madrid are very interested in signing him even at £50m.
    Ascacibar i have followed since the Olympics where he was excellent in Argentina side. Tiny player but with lots of heart, is at Hoffenheim now and already a fans favourite....think Gattuso or Mascherano. He is just the type of heart on the sleeve crunching tackler we have hand in a long time, not box to box but I miss a Keane, RObson, Ince type.
    Gouri is a French player at Lyon expected to be the next big breakthrough. Only seen him in youth games but looks very exciting.
  32. Aug 24, 2018

jesperjaap Full Member

thanks for the contribution, if you dont like it go to another thread there are plenty of them

Yes we would be a poor forgotten team signing some of the most exciting young players in the world

Wan Bissaka made Mensahs loan to Palace irrelevant last year, surprised you havent heard of him. Looked very exciting and continuing to do so two games in this year

Yes he does look a decent player and probably a cheapish fee like Robertson was

PS Cut all these negatives waves, what is the point of coming on to a thread to say you dont like it, just go to another one, sad
  33. Aug 24, 2018

IAmAWinner Full Member

Ok, thanks for the overview.
  34. Aug 24, 2018

Not many do :)
  35. Aug 24, 2018

Didn't miss anything.

At least I doubt you did, I didn't read it either.
  36. Aug 24, 2018

Seven Seas Sardines Full Member

Until I saw this thread I was sure he was named Upamecano..
  37. Aug 24, 2018

el3mel Full Member

Would have liked to take this seriously but I couldn't.
  38. Aug 26, 2018

Coops73 Full Member

They’re not from Europe, they’re from Tatooine.
  39. Aug 26, 2018

Ashley R1+O New Member

What a bizarre thread. Just for the record, who or what are these players?
    Why the hell would you pay insane fees for players who have never done anything in English football? This is the problem we're in now. We keep paying players as superstars on superstar fee's and wages without them having actually done anything yet. Then when it gets to hard they can just down tools and tell everyone to blame the manager because they're going home in their luxury car to their instagram live feed and play twitch games.

We need to start moving away from this transfer strategy and actually start to fill out our squad with some grafting low earners who want to work their bollocks off just to get rewarded with the 6 figure earner bracket. Not reward players who've done nothing with bumper contracts for no reason. We've ruined our wage budget and our structure, we need to fix that first and foremost before we start trying to regenerate the squad by trying to buy in and make more superstars. It has gone beyond the point of ludicrousness now to expect a team to function properly when they are all overpaid and comfortable in their position to be able to drive a wedge between the manager and the fans.
  40. Aug 26, 2018

Kaivalya Full Member

If you're talking about how things would unfold in an FM game, you've gone horribly wrong for the youngsters. FM doesn't really rate any of them as future world stars. Also FM really rates Paul Pogba,Martial, Lindelof and Sanchez. If you are going to FM United back to the top this overhaul would be an axe on your own foot. Just play more progressive tactics and the squads already good enough (in game I emphasize).