United 2020/21 FM

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by jesperjaap, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Aug 26, 2018

Kaivalya Full Member

Other than the Chiesa price which would be be off by some +20m he's got most of them right. That's what they would go for in today's market never mind a little while down the road when they're more proven.
  2. Aug 26, 2018

Kaivalya Full Member

The only fantasy situation that FM would entertain for me would be the ability to move absolutely shit players without any difficulty. Idttrim this bloated squad in one window and add quality at FB and CB other than that we're fine. Also in FM you can just retrain players in different positions and pull it off without a real hitch and have a balanced squad (training Rashford and Martial to be a naturalized right winger).
  3. Mar 2, 2019

jesperjaap Full Member

I am guessing you are all aware of Sancho and Bissaka at least now then?
  4. Mar 2, 2019

In Rainbows Full Member

Don't forget De Ligt.
  5. Mar 3, 2019

quackattack Full Member

Obviously:
    GK: De Gea, Donnarumma, Romero.
    LB: Shaw, Dalot (as both RB and LB), Sessegnon (as LB and LW).
    RB: Hakimi, Wan Bissaka.
    CBs: Lindelöf, De Ligt, Lucas Hernandez, Nikola Milenkovic, Jose Gimenez, Poole.
    CM: Pogba, Herrera, Rodrigo, Torreira, Garner.
    Wingers/attackers: Martial, Rashford, Chong, Gomes, Lingard, Sancho, Greenwood, Mbappe, Neymar.

A decent Squad that can compete at the highest level.
  6. Mar 3, 2019

jesperjaap Full Member

Well apart from Gouri who has been injured and not heard anything about progress of Guimaraes they are all doing very well. Upamecano is being linked with Bayern , De Ligt Barca and Juve, Bissaka lots of clubs, NDombele City :(, Sancho with us, Chiesa with City and us amongst others.

Surprise to me is not seeing Ascacibar really linked with anybody (was a link to West Ham just because of Mascherano comparisons really). In terms of size and style, if you think of Torreira at Arsenal but x2 for the ability as well as reading of the game and positioning....and heart, he would be some signing for a lot of clubs, including ours. Little I have seen of him this season he has looked even better than before.
  7. Mar 3, 2019

Coops73 Full Member

I’m guessing you like to play the long game.
  8. Mar 3, 2019

golden_blunder Site admin. Manchester United fan Staff

I can’t remember what I was replying to
  9. Mar 3, 2019

golden_blunder Site admin. Manchester United fan Staff

You cheated by using the game editor
  10. Mar 3, 2019

quackattack Full Member

Oh yes. I guess, at the very least the Mbappe and Neymar would blow the bank. The rest is semi plausible. Should have thought about those, mb.
  11. Mar 7, 2019

JarleA Full Member

Obi Wan Bissaka
    De Ligt
    Ndombele
    Sancho
  12. Mar 8, 2019

jesperjaap Full Member

Well that would be an amazing window and I do think we are only going to see 4/5max signings this summer and similar number maybe out. If I was hedging my bets I would guess DeLigt to Barca, Ndombele to CIty, Sancho stays put....Bissaka maybe signed, otherwise he goes to Arsenal/Chelsea. We are in a bit of a weird position in that we have under performed for ages, there are a few players regardless of the Ole effect arent good enough to be first choice in my opinion.....yet you look at Dalot, Pereira, McTominay who are all good young squad players then we have some genuinely exciting youngsters in Baird, Gomes, Chong and Greenwood pretty much ready to break through and it makes who and where to sign more complex.
    Id like to see Rojo out and a top centre back signed (I actually think we may see Koulibaily signed), Darmian out and Bissaka in, Ascacibar (not even linked) as the competition for Matic and a real worldy for the flanks if we sign one liek Dybala/Dembele/Chiesa as promising as Sancho is we do seem to have two or three similar players around the same age
  13. Mar 30, 2019

jesperjaap Full Member

Well doing this again, wouldnt do as many this summer, but still pretty similar:

Out
    Grant, Darmian, Valencia, Rojo, Bailly, Sanchez, Mata, Fosuh Mensah, Matic, Perreira - £110m

£200m spend + £310M

In
    Bissaka, Romagnoli, Upemecano, Rice, Sancho, Tonali - £310

GK - DeGea - ROmero
    RB Bissaka - Dalot
    CB Upemecano - Smalling
    CB Romagnoli - Lindelof
    LB Shaw - YOung
    DM Rice - McTominay
    CM Pogba - Fred
    CM Herrera - Tonali
    LW Martial - Greenwood
    RW Sancho - Lingard
    ST Rashford - Lukaku

Baird as cover for both full back positions
    Jones as centre back cover
    Garner as defensive midfield cover
    Gomes as attacking midfield cover
    Chong as cover for the wings

Of course if Herrera or Pogba leave this totally changes. Main thing for me this transfer window is rebuilding the defence. DeLigt would be ideal but think he will end up at one of the big Spanish sides. Have gone for two centr backs with leadership qualities as that is something I think our side lacks. Romagnoli in particular is good on the ball. I can see Romagnoli/Upemecano having many similar attributes to form a Ferdinand/Vidic type partnership.
    I like the look of Dalot but I just think Bissaka is potentially a really special player, in fact I feel that with all the English signings. Tonali is the wildcard that Im thinking more long term in a possible trio with Rice and Angel Gomes.
    I think with the youngsters we have, apart from the right wing our attack doesnt really need much adding, more older big names moved on, to allow room for them