1. We've added a new Women's Team sub-forum to discuss all things related to the new United Women's Team.

Also, the FCUoM forum has been closed due to inactivity, with its threads moved to the Football Forum. To discuss FCUoM and Salford City moving forward, please use this sticky thread.
    Dismiss Notice

United Hour Podcast - "Ambitions" (Chelsea H, Sevilla A, Huddersfield A)

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Annihilate Now!, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Feb 28, 2018

Annihilate Now! ...or later, I'm not fussy Scout

This week, Imran (@Annihilate Now! ) returns to the hosting chair and is joined by Colm (@Duafc ), Ed (@That'sHernandez ) and Craig (@Schmiznurf ) to discuss a vital win for United against Chelsea. We heap some praise on Lukaku, Matic, Lingard and delve into what went right at Old Trafford. Then we take a look at our draw in Sevilla, talk some Huddersfield VAR, before previewing the upcoming big game against Liverpool.

Podomatic (for Itunes and Android app subscription): https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/redcastpod/episodes/2018-02-28T09_50_46-08_00
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunitedpodcast/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/United_Hour

As always, a huge shout-out to the editors (@mckenic ) for their absolute magic.

Please do like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter and share, re-tweet, post an Itunes review etc - all support is much appreciated!
  2. Feb 28, 2018

AR87 Full Member

Possible to show progress without winning the PL
    Excited to listen to it once in done with work!
  3. Feb 28, 2018

P-Nut0712 fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

I'll listen on the way to work. Keep up the good work guys!
  4. Mar 1, 2018

Schmiznurf Full Member

Great pod guys, that Craig fella is awesome.
  5. Mar 1, 2018

Shiva87 Full Member

Good pod. Liked the segment on Sevilla game!
  6. Mar 2, 2018

Ashley R1+O New Member

Great pod.

The Lukaku stuff is really doing my head in big time. He's such an obvious long term investment, a beast, works his balls off, absolutely wants it, only been in the door six months and scored a quality amount of goals. Yet there are people saying "na he'll never work, bin him" already, it is properly mental. Absolutely batshit, like he'll never ever improve or something. Just :houllier:

On the Morata offside, watch the replay and look where the line-o is, he's actually beyond the depth of the last defender. Unless you use VAR with proper hawkeye angle technology that ref was always going to give it because of where he is stood, he physically could only have seen Morata being offside coming out from behind an advancing defender. Refs more often give those on instinct, it is one area where VAR will clear these things up providing they are using some sort of hawkeye technology.

The early days of VAR were fecking horrendous and I know you guys will hate it but in the long run when they sort the kinks out it will be a lot better for offsides and confirming pens.
  7. Mar 2, 2018

Fridge chutney Requested ban until 09/04/2018

Part of the caf MO is to judge a player after 4 matches.

Get with the times.
  8. Mar 2, 2018

Fully Fledged Full Member

I hate that song. It's funny listening to the guy in the bed room singing it but then it get's stuck in your head.
  9. Mar 2, 2018

Rood nostradamus like gloater Scout

terrible impersonation of me @Annihilate Now! - do you think Im one of the Gallagher brothers?!

although I remember an even worse attempt in the past - dont remember who it was but I think it may have been @Duafc who seemed to think I was Welsh at that time :wenger:
  10. Mar 3, 2018

Schmiznurf Full Member

I have infected every listener with it once more :lol:
  11. Mar 3, 2018

#07 makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Never expected to hear a Liverpool chant on this pod. This week’s edition should’ve come with a warning! Sneaking that up on us...

Good pod in the main. More measured than the caf has been lately, especially post-Sevilla.
  12. Mar 3, 2018

Schmiznurf Full Member

I couldn't resist, the second Imran said Salah I had to sing it, it's just so damn catchy.
  13. Mar 3, 2018

Fully Fledged Full Member

But that doesn't matter. Because...
  14. Mar 7, 2018

SqueakyWeasel Full Member

Good pod lads! Only listened to half of it so far but you bring up some interesting points.

Completely disagree about your VAR rant conclusions. It's the execution that is wrong (and I have a feeling it's a bloody minded attempt by an organisation that feel pressured into trying it), not the technology.

We all know that technology can do everything if everyone's on board.

Is it any surprise that the BIGGEST controversy came up in a game involving Manchester United (the most watched team in world football) ONE WEEK before the FIFA appointed panel adjudicated if VAR should be adopted for the forthcoming WC?

Look forward to listening to the rest of it! Pity it wasn't after Monday's game ttytt!
  15. Mar 8, 2018

Schmiznurf Full Member

16. Mar 9, 2018

SqueakyWeasel Full Member

Especially like the preview of the Palace game chaps ;) For once it lived up to expectations!

Much better than the blanket depressing predictions for the Scoucers game :lol: … and as for the Salah song :wenger::eek::keano:

Take a draw right now … in the spirit of the new polite CAF feck right off! We're winning this!
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  17. Mar 12, 2018

#07 makes new threads with tweets in the OP

You can use this on the next one:

18. Mar 12, 2018

Schmiznurf Full Member

In the immortal words of the best modern Doctor, number 10, Oh yes!
  19. Mar 13, 2018

Rood nostradamus like gloater Scout

@#07 I prefer this version !

BTW next pod to be recorded either tonight or tomorrow ...