United Hour Podcast - Arsenal's Lackathreat

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Schmiznurf, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Dec 5, 2017

Schmiznurf Full Member

This week on United Hour, host Nik @Rood is joined by Colm @Duafc and Alex @Alock1 to eulogise over David De Gea, and United's most potent weapon - Arsenal's defence. We ask whether Pogba deserved to see red, and how that affects our upcoming chances in the Manchester Derby.

Podomatic (for Itunes and Android app subscription): https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/redcastpod/episodes/2017-12-04T18_14_43-08_00
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunitedpodcast/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/United_Hour

As always, a huge shoutout to @12OunceEpilogue for another quality editing job this week

Please do like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter and share, re-tweet, post an Itunes review etc - all support is much appreciated!
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  2. Dec 5, 2017

Charles Miller Full Member

Guys, we have a superior tactical innovation, its called "De Gea".
  3. Dec 5, 2017

Rood nostradamus like gloater

4. Dec 5, 2017

Schmiznurf Full Member

I copy and pasted it from soundcloud, didn't catch that one, ironic considering I do proofreading for money sometimes. :lol:
  5. Dec 5, 2017

Alock1 Wears XXXL shirts

Oops, my bad - it was 2am though when I wrote the description!
  6. Dec 5, 2017

SqueakyWeasel Full Member

United Hour and Half more like :drool:
  7. Dec 5, 2017

Roosney Full Member

Ooh yeah, will listen on my way home.

I'm sure you guys remembered to congratulate Finland for the 100 years of independence on this one, right. Right?
  8. Dec 5, 2017

Orbital … who'd go to Hammersmith to see them on a Saturday night :confused:

You old fecker … like I'd come all the way from Germany to go to Hammersmith on a Saturday night to see …

Took me ages to work out how to upload vids from my iPhone btw

EDIT: This was posted in the help section first … answering my own question from the first line!
  9. Dec 5, 2017

Duafc Colm Murray

I’d say you shifted some amount of Moroccan white at that gig @Rood
  10. Dec 5, 2017

If I'd have known he was selling :cool:
  11. Dec 5, 2017

Crimson King Full Member

Disagree with what @Duafc says about if the Pogba tackle had been reversed. I personally would have felt it was soft and we'd got a bit of luck from the ref, but obviously greeted it with open arms.

Another great pod though guys, cheers.
  12. Dec 5, 2017

Just ran out of time for discussing the finer points of Finnish independence, I promise it was on my original list of topics but Colm and Alex rambled on so long that I had to cut it!

you were at the gig?! looks like the video is taken from the upper circle?

Epic show from one of my all time favourites :drool:

I don't think there is any such thing as Moroccan white but there was definitely a whiff of Moroccan brown in the air ;)
  13. Dec 5, 2017

Venue wasn't the best for something like that, would have loved Brixton or T&C like the old days but I guess it's safer this way for the old folk like me :lol:

EDIT: The seats were not bad second row back circle, had better for Chemical Bros this time last year though!

Yeah, that rose up to the gods too … I just stuck to the Columbian :cool::D
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  14. Dec 6, 2017

Annihilate Now! ...or later, I'm not fussy

The thing about the Pogba red card is, Bellerin's leg goes from being in a normal position to being on the floor in the split second that Pogba's foot is coming down. Unless Pogba views the world in 0.5x speed, then there is absolutely no way he can react to his leg hitting the ground like that, so at that point, @Duafc theory that he knew what he was doing goes out of the window.

And then if we accept that because it's dangerous because of how he hits Bellerin, thus its a red... isn't there then scope for people to dive under running players so they get trodden on? What would actually be the difference? I know that if you did do something like that, you'd get booked for creating a dangerous situation (or something like that, not sure on the exact rule)... at which point, my question is, is Bellerin putting half his leg on the ground like that a normal action?

Also agree with @Alex99 on the Koscielny red card... the foul starts wayyy before Monreal(?) is anywhere close to the situation. So from the point it starts, Lukaku has a free half to run into.
  15. Dec 6, 2017

I was downstairs in the stalls - cant image being seated for a gig like this but I assume most were standing anyway?
    In fact its just like J Stand at Old Trafford, officially seated but most stand all game

where did you watch the Arsenal match? I was in the Duke of Cornwall around the corner from the Apollo
  16. Dec 6, 2017

Totally agree on Pogba, however it does seem in the modern game that the question of 'intent' is no longer that valid anyway

and you are mixing up your Alexes!

BTW where you at on Lionel Lingard now? you were pretty scathing about him a few weeks back
  17. Dec 6, 2017

FultonRed Full Member

@Rood @Duafc @Alock1 Great episode again guys, bumper one this week!

Covered a lot of very good topics and I was intrigued to heard the debate on Pogba. I definitely thought it was a red card and Colm you were right, I think everyone would be screaming for a red for Bellerin if the roles were reversed.

On the Arsenal game I know we got battered according to the stats but as Shearer and Wright said on MOTD and Twitter, the stats paint Arsenal in a really bad light more than United as it shows that De Gea played an absolute blinder and their finishing was really poor. We were very efficient on the front foot and I thought we broke out really well at times.

Really excited for the City game.
  18. Dec 6, 2017

Yeah you lot couldn't wait to stick the boot into me this week!

Lingard's been very good these past 2 games, but Lingard has always been capable of being very good here and there (Chelsea at home last season for example)... and if its fair to praise him on the occassions where he's good/makes a difference (and it absolutely is), then it's also fair to say he's crap when he invariably is crap... and the thing is, he has been crap for us more often then he's been good.

If he can kick on from these two performances and have an inspired season then I'll be a very happy man, I'm not sure he can do it, because he's always had a problem with consistency, but I'd love to be proved wrong.
  19. Dec 6, 2017

Alock1 Wears XXXL shirts

20. Dec 6, 2017

Charles Miller Full Member

I agree with the Basketball analogy and i think its a problem.
    We need a player to calm down that kind of game, to give us time to breathe, considering Mourinhos approuch in big games.
    Maybe Mata could do the work, i'm not sure.
    That scenario of transition after transition Basket-style against the big dogs is not a good idea. Especially in the CL.
    The score has little to do with good defense in this game, but with a inhuman keeper.
  21. Dec 6, 2017

No obsession with me could possibly be described as unhealthy
  22. Dec 7, 2017

Roosney Full Member

I was nodding my head in acceptance when you talked about De Gea. He's probably the best shot stopper we ever have had but not necessarily the best goalie. I often find him frustrating because he's hugging the goal line, thus not giving the defenders possibility for an easy backpass when under pressure. He should man up and make his presence felt too and stop looking like a cute hipster squirrel there.

Also agreed that the Arsenal game was the same but still very different game compared to Chelsea and Pool away. Same set up but this time the players showed up and did their jobs.
  23. Dec 8, 2017

24. Dec 8, 2017

Some pub in Fulham Broadway. Watched he end on a dodgy stream on my phone in a cab.
  25. Dec 9, 2017 at 00:41

classy!
  26. Dec 9, 2017 at 00:45

for those who didn't get around to listening to the extra long show, we have done a bitesize edit so you can just listen to the City preview here: