United Hour Podcast - Geordie Sore

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Rood, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Feb 13, 2018

Rood nostradamus like gloater Scout

Host Nik @Rood is joined by Craig @Schmiznurf and Ashwin @AR87 for a bleak discussion on the failures at Newcastle and Spurs. The mood improves as we look back at wins over Huddersfield and Yoevil, then we get excited about the return of the Champions League!

Podomatic (for Itunes and Android app subscription): https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/redcastpod/episodes/2018-02-13T11_23_20-08_00
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunitedpodcast/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/United_Hour

As always, a huge shoutout to @mckenic for another quality editing job this week

Please let us know your thoughts on the show plus give us a 'Like' on Facebook, follow on Twitter, post an Itunes review etc - all support is much appreciated!
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. Feb 13, 2018

Schmiznurf Full Member

Don't worry guys, it's not that depressing.
  3. Feb 14, 2018

Roosney Full Member

Haha, first time that I felt anxious thinking about listening to an United Hour podcast. But I will listen though, later tonight.
  4. Feb 14, 2018

Schmiznurf Full Member

Haha, nothing to worry about except for some light moaning, someone even said we weren't being critical enough.
  5. Feb 14, 2018

VanGaalyTime Full Member

I think I can sum up our problems against Spurs and Newcastle:

1. A complete lack of attacking movement. No runs. No coordination. The attacking players look as if they don't know each other and we only score if one player does something special alone.

2. TWO IN MIDIELD. Why are we continually playing two in midfield away from home? Matic is knackered and Pogba doesn't defend. We've been overrun continually in away games and conceded so many chances. Three in midfield has to be the way forward. Sacrifice the right midfielder who doesn't do much anyway.

3. Lack of quick passing. We take about 30 minutes to decide what to do on the ball.
  6. Feb 14, 2018

AR87 Full Member

YES. I totally forgot to talk about this on the pod but EVERYBODY is so ponderous on the ball even when they have obvious passing options.
  7. Feb 14, 2018

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

[​IMG]

In all seriousness, nice to hear a podcast without so much negativity.
  8. Feb 14, 2018

Also, disagree with the comment that "Lukaku didn't contribute anything in that match." That's so untrue, he should have got quite a few assists and he worked his bollocks off. He's the only player that could hold his head held high after that match.
  9. Feb 14, 2018

AR87 Full Member

This is fair. I made the comment. I think my issue with Lukaku is that I want him to shoot MORE. I think he has become a bit too unselfish or hesitant at various points this season when I want him to just have a shot himself.

I was very likely too harsh on him. I like a playmaking striker quite a bit but I do want Lukaku to be more assertive when he gets chances.
  10. Feb 14, 2018

VanGaalyTime Full Member

I think part of the problem is he's not getting in scoring positions enough. If you watch players like Kane, Aguero, Morata and Lacazette, they get about 7 chances a game and in Kane and Aguero's cases, score 1 or two. Lukaku is playing as a right winger on occasion and trying to cross the ball in, which is insane as he ends up trying to cross the ball to our wingers, Alexis and Martial, who aren't going to win a header if you give them a step ladder, take away the defenders and offer them a billion pounds per ball won. Our entire attack is subdued due to a lack of common sense and ideas.
  11. Feb 14, 2018

Well they dont know Sanchez TBF! His introduction has created all sorts of problems with the team balance, needlessly so as well

@Duafc was supposed to be on this one but his girlfriend didnt allow it!
  12. Feb 14, 2018

Fair enough. It just goes to show the balance in our attack is all wrong. Lukaku before signing for us was a killer infront of goal, now he's in a position where he's sacrificing his game because the service just isn't there. This is coming from a player that played for West Brom and Everton.

I liked a lot of your opinions in this podcast though. Hope to hear more.
  13. Feb 15, 2018

AR87 Full Member

Appreciate it, mate. It was cathartic to record even if not necessarily enjoyable to revisit.

I do feel that on re-watch of both the Tottenham and Newcastle matches we are often just lacking the killer pass or that clinical nature when we get in front of goal. There are openings on the counter you can see but we often fail to take advantage. Very frustrating, but I remain hopeful, because what the hell else can I do?
  14. Feb 15, 2018

Duafc Colm Murray

:lol: I will be back for the next one, after Sevilla I imagine.

Also agree Lukaku is being absolutely hung out to dry by United fans all over the place, largely for not being Harry Kane (the best striker in Europe.)
  15. Feb 15, 2018

SqueakyWeasel Full Member

… hopefully :lol:
  16. Feb 15, 2018

did it not sound convincing? :nervous:
  17. Feb 15, 2018

SqueakyWeasel Full Member

Frantically searches for "gulp" emoji
  18. Feb 16, 2018

Jonathan Brown New Member

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    As a Newcastle fan i am still smiling. I thought we deserved it in the end. Not sure why Jose is getting stick. The players had the chances on the pitch.
  19. Feb 16, 2018

Schmiznurf Full Member

Because he got it tactically wrong.
  20. Feb 19, 2018

bumping with the Seville preview for those who couldnt be arsed to listen last week