United Hour Podcast - Winless Bridge (Chelsea Review / Newcastle Preview)

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Rood, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Nov 8, 2017

Rood nostradamus like gloater

Join this week's host Nik @Rood , Craig @Schmiznurf and Ed @That'sHernandez as they discuss yet another bad result away to Chelsea and the penalty shennanigans against Benfica. Then a quick preview of the visit of the Toon Army plus the international break, postmen, biscuits, grown men crying and more!

Podomatic (for Itunes and Android app subscription): https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/redcastpod/episodes/2017-11-08T07_28_39-08_00

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunitedpodcast/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/United_Hour

As always, a huge shoutout to @12OunceEpilogue for another quality editing job this week

Please do like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter and share, re-tweet, post an Itunes review etc - all support is much appreciated!
  2. Nov 8, 2017

Schmiznurf Full Member

:lol: Everybody is going to read that bit and wonder what the hell is going on.
  3. Nov 8, 2017

FultonRed Full Member

:lol::lol:

Great guys, will get this downloaded later and it will be my listening material in the morning. All the negativity threads on the Cafe are getting me down the now so hopefully this will cheer me up! :D
  4. Nov 8, 2017

Ecstatic Full Member

Supports:
    PsG
    Surprised we don't have more posts about a podcast thread :confused:

Will listen it, the opportunity to improve my listening skills :angel:
  5. Nov 8, 2017

Charles Miller New Member

Why not in youtube?
    Bring Mark from United Stand.
  6. Nov 8, 2017

I think it means everyone just agrees with all we said :wenger:

we do welcome feedback from new listeners so let us know what you think

We have talked about doing something on YouTube but just haven't had the time to sort it out properly - several of the podcast crew also have a 'face for radio' so we didn't want to scare anyone off!

Ive never actually seen this bloke from United Stand, seems to be building quite a following - I watch FTD now and again but that's about it for YouTube
  7. Nov 8, 2017

We have talked about doing something on YouTube but just haven't had the time to sort it out properly - several of the podcast crew also have a 'face for radio' so we didn't want to scare anyone off!

Ive never actually seen this bloke from United Stand, seems to be building quite a following - I watch FTD now and again but that's about it for YouTube[/QUOTE]
    :lol:
    Hope we make a youtube channel to beat AFTV.
  8. Nov 9, 2017

Frank Grimes Full Member

How bitter is that Welsh guy hoping Ireland don't go through to the World Cup?, pretty childish.
  9. Nov 9, 2017

Schmiznurf Full Member

Not childish at all, why would I want a team that beat mine that I have no connection with to go through to the world cup?
  10. Nov 9, 2017

Coops73 Full Member

Another great podcast, cheers fellas.
  11. Nov 9, 2017

FultonRed Full Member

Great podcast again boys, some really funny moments this week and a really good breakdown of the Chelski and Benfica games. Pods have been brilliant this year so great work guys. Good appearance again @That'sHernandez nice one mate.

And you're welcome for the questions, thanks for answering them so full and so well :) loved the Postman analogy too @Schmiznurf :lol:

Agree the Lukaku isn't the issue for me at all, hence the nature of the questions I asked this week. He could maybe do better with the ball at his feet in holding up play, but the real issue is definitely the midfield. It is shocking how, without Pogba, he doesn't have a supply line at all. Pogba returning will sort that, but my word we need someone else who can actually pass a ball at get at a teams defense. It is really poor at the minute. Liked the suggestion about dropping Mkhitaryan and getting a 4-4-2 formation with a midfielder pushed up. We need to get the ball forward quicker and actually attack the oppositions box. Also agree we need a proper winger to help get the best out of Lukaku.

Cheers boys can't wait for the next one after the international break.
  12. Nov 9, 2017

Mihai Full Member

Judging by the comments and threads created after Sunday, this wouldn't be too hard.
  13. Nov 9, 2017

Thing is, AFTV do not rely on the success of the club.
    In fact i suspect they need some level of meltdown in order to get views.
    And they're really entertaining tbf.
  14. Nov 9, 2017

Mihai Full Member

:lol: That was my point, the meltdown after Sunday on the caf is of epic proportions.
  15. Nov 9, 2017

:lol::lol:Oh i get it.
  16. Nov 9, 2017

#07 makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Agree with @That'sHernandez that we’d have done better to fill out midfield at Chelsea.

Our midfield two was swamped by Bakayoko, Kante & Cesc, if Mkhi was meant to be dropping in to help that failed horrendously. Much better to go with a traditional midfield 3, whether it’s 433 or 532.

Mkhi isn’t worth starting. Would have honestly preferred McTominay, just for the extra body in the midfield.

Surprised to hear you lads say you were happy with the approach. You might be some of the only ones on the Caf. This place has gone crazy since Sunday. :p
  17. Nov 9, 2017

Most worrying thing is that Jose has persisted with Mkhi despite weeks of poor form, I don't know whether he just doesn't trust his other options or whether he thinks he will come good eventually

For sure it is the meltdowns that go viral - no one would be interested in AFTV if Arsenal were doing well!
    it was the same for FullTimeDevil's who only really became more well known due to fan rants during the Moyes season - I think we also get higher listener numbers after a big loss.

Well I had pretty low expectations about Jose's approach to a big away game so I was just pleasantly surprised that we didn't set up as defensively as Anfield and at least created some chances. I did say that I wasn't happy with the 2nd half performance and especially our lack of reaction after going 1 down.
  18. Nov 9, 2017

Alock1 Wears XXXL shirts

Did we create chances though, apart from that one Rashford header?

Perhaps a few 'moments' with the long balls at the end, but they amounted to nothing, and couldn't be attributed to how we 'approached' the game.
  19. Nov 10, 2017

Ban Full Member

Great podcast. I agree on pretty much everything. I was listening to it this morning and was so deeply involved in it that few times it was oh look a car is in front of me and I'm not hitting the brake.
    Men and doing 2 things in the same time. :D
  20. Nov 10, 2017

Ecstatic Full Member

Supports:
    PsG
    Sure, will do
  21. Nov 10, 2017

FultonRed Full Member

Yea that's what I'm most worried about, the way he is continually playing despite the clearly obvious drop in form. I think it may be a combination of both, that he doesn't trust players like Mata in that role in the bigger games against quicker teams, and that he is remembering that he was in pretty good form, at times, the second half of last season so he is continually playing him to get him out of the funk he is in. It must make other players frustrated though, to see how poor he has been but continually plays whereas elsewhere in the team there is so much rotation and players can't really afford to have a poor game.
  22. Nov 10, 2017

FultonRed Full Member

:lol: I can't listen to it in the car for that reason mate :lol::D
  23. Nov 10, 2017

Ban Full Member

Now I know for the future. :)
  24. Nov 10, 2017

Well I was really talking about how we started the game rather than how we finished it

Lukaku had a good effort, was a couple of other decent openings that ended in blocked shots - I was pretty content at half time but second half was a different story
  25. Nov 10, 2017

Maybe we need a disclaimer "do not operate heavy machinery while listening to this podcast" :D
  26. Nov 10, 2017

Tapori Full Member

Definitely should have a youtube presence.
  27. Nov 15, 2017 at 12:25

Schmiznurf Full Member

Definitely something we should look into.
  28. Nov 15, 2017 at 13:11

FultonRed Full Member

Fully support the Youtube channel idea, definitely.