United memorabilia

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Pablo76, May 29, 2011.

1. May 29, 2011

Pablo76 Full Member

Anybody got a spare programme from Wembley/one they dont want anymore? Also looking for used tickets, and anything else match related.

Also always looking for programmes, PM me if you have anything.
  2. May 29, 2011

IanDangerously Full Member

You can buy the programmes online from UEFA.com!
  3. May 29, 2011

RonaldoVII Full Member

E236:24:101 Betfair: UTFAKVVTJ PSN:FrozenInHell
    UEFA Champions League Programmes

£12 delivered. I've ordered mine from there - only £2 more expensive than buying one at the ground but the guarantee that it will be in good condition upon arrival.
  4. May 29, 2011

B Cantona Desperate

Someone asked me to get one. I was surprised they weren't being sold inside Wembley. I enquired after the game at a vendor but they'd sold out
  5. May 30, 2011

Pablo76 Full Member

6. May 30, 2011

Programmes aren't really that much of a collectors market these days surely since they're as readily available as any mainstream magazine? It's not like the days when you had to go to the game to get one!
  7. May 30, 2011

20solskjaer Full Member

and yet hes still sold 47, at £24.99 a time
  8. May 30, 2011

I'm guessing either UEFA went out of stock then at some point or people dont know where to buy them from officially?
  9. May 30, 2011

Pablo76 Full Member

Exactly. You would be surprised, not so much everyday match programmes no, but anything pre 60 and "big match" these days is going for good money, and continues to rise in value too. Some clubs, Utd included have dozens of avid collectors, and certain items, when they become available, always command decent money at auctions because so many people are after them.

I recently had the treble season 3 for sale on Ebay, fa cup final, cl final and last home game v spurs: fa cup final went for £18 with 8 bids and 67 watchers: cl final went for £13 with 10 bids and 97 watchers, and the spurs one went for £7 with 6 bids and 54 watchers.

There has been quite alot of these on Ebay just recently and those prices are considerably under average.

Anything 70s to present day with the odd exception are 10 a penny, but certain older items are going for stupid money, check this one out that ended yesterday.

1956 Programme Busby Babes friendly at Rhyl | eBay UK

As I said, I'm looking to buy Utd related stuff myself, I used to have my own website but had to shut it down as I didnt have the time to maintain it, but if anyone has anything of interest I can either value it for you or make you an offer if you're looking to sell.
  10. May 30, 2011

Colin129 Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    A friend of mine in the media got to go to the Semi vs Shitty. I saw him after the match & he gave me the programme. Big pic of scary Teveth standing next to our man Vidic.

First of all I couldn't even look at the front cover, then it took me 2 weeks before I even opened it up. Read all the United parts and a few bits about the FA, but I just couldn't handle this big pic of Teveth on the front. A couple of weeks later I gave it back to my mate thanking him for letting me have the programme and he said I could keep it.

So I've got this programme with Teveth on the front & half full of Shitty & they beat us too.

Shall I burn it or keep it?
  11. Feb 5, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

12. Feb 5, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

Another copy of that sold a year or so ago for £450.

And this one ending later today, thats 2 Utd away friendlies selling in 1 day that will fetch in excess of £800.

If you bear in mind that another copy of this programme was sold around 6months ago for £300 and its not done yet, believe me, you can see why some people are buying this kind of stuff as an ivestment aswell as a hobby.

Man.Utd v Tottenham/Spurs 1951/52 Fr in New York | eBay
  13. Feb 5, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

14. Feb 5, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

Sold for over £600 in the end, this item sold at auction last year for £300 inclusive of 21% buyers premium, thats over 100% increase in value in 6-9months!!

Stick your ISA's up your ass!
  15. Feb 5, 2012

Sonny Feehan Full Member

I have a United v Bilbao programme in good condition from 1957 at Maine rd
    Just wondered what it might be worth although I would never sell as I was at the game.
  16. Feb 5, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

Nice one Sonny, showing your age there mate!

Usually sells for around £20-£30 in good condition, Utd homes have been produced in such vast numbers over the years that there really are'nt many that sell for top money until you go back to the mid/early 50s and earlier.

There is the odd exception, postponed games, special debuts etc. Many of these command hundreds of pounds, thousands for older ones.
  17. Feb 20, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

18. Feb 21, 2012

decorativeed Full Member

This just arrived through my door:

[​IMG]

Signed on reverse by the founder of our club:

[​IMG]
  19. Feb 21, 2012

RedMist99 Full Member

I have hundreds of programmes from the mid sixties to late seventies stashed under my bed that my dad gave to me. Some are in better condition than others but non are poor.

Pablo mentioned that the 50's editions are likely to fetch the highest price at the moment, but is it forseeable that the ones I have may grow in value in the future? I don't think I'd even be willing to part with them but I'd like to know just to satisfy my curiosity
  20. Feb 21, 2012

snootyjim In most joy

Unlikely. With all of them, it's a question of how many were printed. Old programmes aren't really going to be deteriorating - most people who have them likely know their value and will be looking after them to some degree, or will be looking after them for sentimental reasons.

The most valuable programmes are the rare ones. I know there are a few where there were printing issues, so only about 1,000 programmes were actually printed, and those ones are worth an absolute fortune. The more recent you get, the more of them that were printed and the more of them there will still be. If we're talking about European finals, or FA Cup finals, then even ones from fairly recently could be worth a reasonable sum of money, but a league game isn't going to fetch a lot.

Some of the more recent ones you'd be lucky to get much more than the RRP. By comparison, I sold three duplicate league programmes my dad had from the early 50s for about £80 each on eBay a few years back.
  21. Feb 21, 2012

RedMist99 Full Member

Cheers jim. I think I'll dig them out soon and have a look through, see if anything catches my eye in terms of rarity. If I find anything I'll post it up here to see what you guys think.

I seem to remember my dad mentioning that a few of my granddads 50s programmes may we hidden in there aswell
  22. Feb 21, 2012

snootyjim In most joy

Is that bloke still selling them out of his garage near to the stadium on matchdays?
  23. Feb 21, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

Yeah Karl still sells stuff on a matchday, as do a couple of others most games.

The general league, fa cup and league cup programmes are all easy enough to find going back to the mid 60s really, and most are 50p programmes. There are however a few from the 70s and 80s which go for hundreds, mainly postponed games and away friendlies.

Pre 65 they do tend to shoot up, especially most pre munich season and older.

If anyone has anything they want valued I have quite a few years experience in collecting and selling programmes and other memorabilia, I would be more than happy to give you a guide to what anything you have is worth.
  24. Mar 5, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

Poor city fan wants to sell up, his prize posession no doubt, 750 programmes, yours for £3,500!

Manchester City Football Programmes | eBay

I guarentee, if he knocked a zero off that asking price they wouldnt sell! :lol:

Incidently, some seriously good money has changed hands in the last few weeks for Man Utd items at auction around the country, I'm always looking for stuff for my own collection, have a look in your cupboards/lofts for anything Utd related, you never know!
  25. Mar 5, 2012

ukbob Caf's Coolest Rag n Bone man

I have two programmes you can value.
    1. Arsenal v Man Utd Feb. 1958
    2 Red Star Belgrade v Man Utd Feb 5th 1958 Signed by Novak Tomic
  26. Mar 5, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

Nice pair of programmes Bob, the Arsenal one we discussed ages ago I think, dont you have it framed?

Arsenal 4 Man Utd 5 - Last league game before the Munich disaster. If you wanted to secure a nice condition one from a dealer, you're looking around the £100 mark. If you're selling, £50-£70 in good condition, I've seen a couple of copies sell for under £30, usually dependant on team changes, rusty staples etc.

The other one is a slightly different kettle of fish.

The very last game before the Munich crash, away to Crvena Zvezda, Red Star Belgrade. While not quite as "RARE" as some would have you believe, very few copies were around until quite recently, a few copies of this programme surfaced in Yugoslavia/Serbia and were apparently selling over there quite cheaply at markets and the like, until some bright spark realised that they could sell it for huge money in England. In recent years copies of this programme have sold for anything from £1700 to £2800, the last one I saw sold for £2500.

How did you obtain it Bob, if you dont mind me asking?
  27. Mar 6, 2012

I met Novak Tomic when he was a tool rep in Torrance where I worked. We became very good friends and as I was a through and through United supporter he asked if I would like that programme which he duly signed. He told me he had about half a dozen he had got when he played in that last game. He also warned me that there were some fake copies being re-printed due to the later interest in the programme. Unfortunately he passed away in 2003.
  28. Mar 6, 2012

And yes I do have the Arsenal one framed. They will be going to my Grandson when I eventually finish on this earth. The Red Star programme I keep locked away with "other " stuff.
  29. Mar 6, 2012

Sonny Feehan Full Member

I have a United v Bilbao program from 1957 at maine Rd. I was at the game and have no intention of selling. Just curious now that we play them again
  30. Mar 6, 2012

Moriarty Full Member

My old man was there too. Funny thing is that he was a diehard United fan but sometimes he'd go to Maine Road with his pals to watch City when United were playing away. Apparently is was quite common for blokes to do that back then.
  31. Mar 6, 2012

Sonny Feehan Full Member

Definitely showing my age as I just realised I posted in this thread earlier about the same thing. Ah well and, yes, a few of my mates went to both City and United games but it was a lot easier for me to get to Old Trafford so I watched the reserves instead.
  32. Apr 19, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

Still adding programmes, tickets, teamsheets and other bits and pieces to my collection, tying to pick up bits at auction but it doesnt help when you have some BIG collectors out there throwing money around like its going out of fashion!

If anyone has any Utd related memorabilia, and think it might be worth something, or just want to shift it on, let me know what you have and I can either give you a valuation or if possible, I will buy it. Cheers.
  33. Apr 20, 2012

Denis' cuff Full Member

I'm nowhere near as old as you and I sometimes went to Maine Rd but stopped after they came good around '68.

anyone know what the Sheff Weds (h) with the names blanked out is worth? The cover has come away from the staples but it's in good nick otherwise.

I'll have to go under the stairs & see what else is there - yonks since I've pulled em out. I know there are loads of newspapers and special editions etc.

Still got a 68 EC winners enamel badge but there's probably loads of them around. I remember a couple of progs for friendlies at Shamrock Rovers, Shelbourne and Home Farm although the first could be the EC.
  34. Apr 20, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

The first game after the Munich crash, v Sheffield Wednesday FA cup 5th round, with a blank team sheet for Utd, usually sells for around the £50-£80 mark for a reasonable copy. If it has rusty staples, team filled in, writing or a loose cover you would expect the lower end, if none of them exist on a copy and its in very good condition, you might expect around £100 for it.

The enamel badge is interesting, let me know on that and the other programmes you mention. If they are just gathering dust under the stairs then get them out and turn them into a bit of cash! I' would be interested in any of that stuff, Cheers.
  35. Apr 20, 2012

Havak Pokemon master

I don't get to many games, so don't have many programmes, although I don't care for them greatly to be honest. However, I do have one from a home leg against Real Madrid one time, but I can't remember if it was the one where Ronaldo scored a hat-trick. I also have one from the last day of last season, where we beat Blackpool 4-2 (as well as the used ticket).

Other than that, while this will be of no interest to most, I have probably over a hundred very old programmes in the loft from Manchester City games. They were my uncles (who I never got to meet) so they're probably from the 60's & 70's and I'd imagine there will be a couple of derby game programmes in there. I haven't looked at them for years though, so I'm not fully sure.
  36. Apr 20, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

The two modern ones are worth less than the cover price, a sign unfortunately that todays programmes are massivley over-produced.

As for the City ones, by all means drop me a pm with a list if you can, I might well be interested if they are 60s and 70s, even more so if they are earlier.
  37. May 14, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

38. May 15, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

39. Oct 10, 2012

Pablo76 Full Member

I'm continuing to slowly but surely build my collection of Man Utd memorabilia.

I have well over 6000 items now, having collected seriously for 5 or 6 years!

I'm looking for any Utd related items to add, mainly programmes, tickets and teamsheets, but also interested in match related items and books/magazines/publications featuring Utd.

If you think you might have ANYTHING of interest please PM me, I can offer an informative valuation of collectable items and might well offer to buy them if they are for sell!

Please note that any modern programmes are usually worth very little, although there are a few exceptions of which these are usually VERY VERY valuable.
  40. Oct 10, 2012

Starkie_1 Full Member

We've got quite a few proper old programmes locked up in my old mans loft. They were his uncle's, and I'm assuming there would be a few pre-Munich in there.

Out of curiosity, how much can you get for signed shirts? Got one from 96 with the whole squad and Fergie on and then one from '91 with Hughes, Robson, Sharpe, Parker & McClair? Doubting much, and I wouldn't sell anyway.