United Through Time: A Podcast

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by rotherham_red, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Jan 7, 2019

rotherham_red Full Member

Not sure if anyone has heard this podcast or not, but it's just recently been released. It's focus is on the history of the club and the key figures who helped in building us up from the start. It's really well researched, with plenty of contributions from authors who have written on the subjects and journalists such as Paddy Barclay.

Currently two episodes so far, and they are released monthly. The first was on Louis Rocca and the second was Harry Stafford (former captain of Newton Heath and played a key role in the club getting saved when it was close to collapse). I knew of Rocca beforehand, but there's loads of really interesting tidbits which I wasn't aware of.

If I had to summarise, consider the series as an audio version of Tom Clare's amazing posts that used to be on the website. I'd really, really recommend giving it a listen.

https://unitedthroughtime.com
  2. Jan 10, 2019

Rood nostradamus like gloater Scout

I had a listen to this - to be honest, I found it heavy going with a bit too much focus on history rather than United/football. Still there is some great bits of info in there and its obviously well researched. I think they could do with making it a bit shorter and to the point - something different at least and if you are into history then you will probably enjoy it.
  3. Jan 10, 2019

Annihilate Now! ...or later, I'm not fussy Scout

Better then the alternative United podcasts though, am i right?
  4. Jan 10, 2019

Rood nostradamus like gloater Scout

better than all except one !