1. Hey Guest, there's a new Podcast: Football, Bloody Hell! Podcast Episode 9 - Afroman

United's performance as seen by a Chelsea fan

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Nani Nana, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Nov 8, 2009

MrMarcello Full Member

FFS, if Evans is worthy of a card (or sending off) on Drogba, Ivanovic was certainly worthy of a card (or sending off) on Giggs.
  2. Nov 8, 2009

Mockney Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

Bizarre leap of logic there....Ivanovic's foul wasn't anywhere near as bad as Evans'....the fact that he actually got a bit of the ball shows what his intentions were....I'm not saying Evans 'meant' to kick Drogba in the chest, but the ball wasn't there was it?

I don't think I've ever seen the forum as blinekred and bitter as I have today....
  3. Nov 8, 2009

vuc First Team Serb

Ivanovic DID get a card though.
  4. Nov 8, 2009

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    An incredibly harsh result, as a result of a dreadful refereeing decision, in one of our biggest games of a season - at a time when we're all desperate to see our team prove there's still life after flogging our best player - and some Chelsea chump posts a review of the game on a United website (with at least one example of glaring anti-United bias) and you expect us all to say "well done, old chap, a very fair summary and jolly well played the boys in blue"?

Never gonna happen, to be fair.
  5. Nov 8, 2009

vuc First Team Serb

Maybe, but the fact the ball is won should be all that matters. Its a fine line, like you say Neville won the ball but he followed through afterwards from the front which is what got him the card IMO. I can see how you would see it this way though.

Well this is where I disagree, he dealt with everything that came this way, whether or not you think there could have been more is not the point. He dealt with it. Thats just defensively, consider what a threat he was going forward and the times he tucked in to cover at CB and you have a pretty complete performance.
  6. Nov 8, 2009

EdWeatherall TFD

Nope, if your dangerous and reckless, no matter whether you win the ball or not, it is still a foul.

Which is why Neville's red card was the correct decision, and why it was the correct decision to penalise Ivanovic, I'd need to see it again to decide conclusively whether it should have been a red card, as idiots in the pub were obscuring the view at times, but from what I saw, the yellow looked a correct decision.
  7. Nov 8, 2009

vuc First Team Serb

I can agree with that, if its reckless that is. I need to see the incident again too, initial thoughts were that the yellow was enough.
  8. Nov 8, 2009

vuc First Team Serb

After seeing it again Ed, its definitely not worthy of a red card. It looked worse than it was because Ivanovic only got a slight touch to the ball. Had he got more contact on the ball he would not have made contact with Giggs at all.
  9. Nov 8, 2009

EdWeatherall TFD

Fair enough, never said it deserved red, just making the point that winning the ball doesn't allow you to do anything else
  10. Nov 9, 2009

Eto'odinho Retard magnet

This.
  11. Nov 9, 2009

mjs020294 Banned

His positioning and defending was very good no matter who he was up against. He contained everything that came down his channel, plus got a few key headers and touches in. Only thing he did wrong all game was the stupid lunge at Giggs.
  12. Nov 9, 2009

Sunny Jim Full Member

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
    wtf? are talking about this incidents where Valencia’s shirt got wrapped around Lamps hand? you sick bastard, you’ve just accused an honest man of wrongdoing :nono:
  13. Nov 9, 2009

Alex Banned

Interesting, so if he wouldnt have fouled Giggs he wouldnt have fouled Giggs
  14. Nov 9, 2009

Ekeke Full Member

He's definately wrong about Rooney and Anderson. Anderson gave him plenty of support but Rooney ignored him and was ultmately wasteful in good positions. Alright Anderson isn't the most likely goal scorer but if he's not given the chances then why is he playing so far up the field? If he's in a great position, play him in. If he messes up a few times, then you might think of going another way despite him being in a great position. But Rooney pretty much ignored him regardless.
  15. Nov 9, 2009

MiamiSpartan Full Member

I still think that's a tough one because Evans was clearly getting the ball first and Drogba charged in after the ball was gone. If someone comes in late on me on a slide tackle, but my follow through kicks him as he's going buy, do I get sent off?

Then again, I get a bit bothered by some of the incidental contact that goes as fouls these days, often on the elbows on headers. There's a difference between throwing an elbow and having your arms up to help create separation without even pushing off or anything. But I see that called more and more lately.
  16. Nov 11, 2009

Rood nostradamus like gloater

If anyone is interested, Nani Nana asked me to do a summary of the match and rate the Chelsea players so it could be posted on TheShedEnd Chelsea forum as a United fan's view of the game:

Link here shows the reaction from the Chelsea fans to my summary, initially they were not impressed by my assesment but now we have all bonded over a mutual hatred of the Scousers :cool:
    Unoffical Chelsea Forum
  17. Nov 11, 2009

krazyrobus Full Member

I thought it was a fairly objective summary.
  18. Nov 11, 2009

Nani Nana Full Member

good job roodboy
  19. Nov 11, 2009

Well I was trying to be objective as obviously I knew it was being posted on a Chelsea forum but initially I still got slated for United bias! Anyway I explained a few things in further detail and most people seem to be in agreement - they seem like a decent enough bunch on there, cant imagine the same going down too well on RAWK !

Cheers mate - was a nice idea on your part.
  20. Nov 11, 2009

green demon Caf Nostradamous 2008

Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
    Menu disabled. Looks like the mods didn't like it.
  21. Nov 11, 2009

No, it is still there, but on that site you have to sign up to read certain threads.
  22. Nov 11, 2009

Denis' cuff Full Member

Valencia = "ineffective throughout" :lol:

apart from keeping "the best wing/fullback in the world" quiet and giving him plenty to think about in general, carrying enough threat to force Lionheart into what should've been a penalty, and generally threatening throughout the OP must've been a bit distracted.

:rolleyes: