1. We are delighted to have been nominated for Best Forum in The Football Blogging Awards. You can vote for us on their website here and via twitter here. You can read the caf thread here. Thanks to anyone who votes for us.
    Dismiss Notice

Varchester City 18/19 discussion

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Bergman, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Feb 8, 2019

RochaRoja Full Member

It’s embarrassing that he’s some kind of unofficial ambassador of the club. He even showed up on their Amazon documentary.

Imagine if United stuck Mick Hucknell in front of the cameras every chance they got.
  2. Feb 8, 2019

Beagle Full Member

Very true. And winning a league championship should should give fans enough satisfaction regardless of what rival fans think. It's a proper historic event for any club to win the league and I doubt any City fans will care about what United fans think on the day they win it.
  3. Feb 8, 2019

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

:lol: Even Chelsea despite Livepool. It's just Arsenal fans who I imagine continue to love Liverpool due to the Wenger rivarly and the additional supported they got from that period.
  4. Feb 8, 2019

PGLFC91 New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Reading through Bluemoon today and they are saying they need to use the atmosphere of the Etihad to beat Chelsea & that the atmosphere is what affected Liverpool for them to win!

Yeah it must have been the shock of seeing so many empty seats.
  5. Feb 8, 2019

GhastlyHun Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    The call of the void.
  6. Feb 10, 2019

Prometheus Requested ban until Sep 22, 2019

Supports:
    Chelsea
    We play them game week 34 at Anfield I think. If it's still close by then we'll just have to safe the EPL again I suppose! :D
  7. Feb 10, 2019

Amadaeus Pochettino's mother

Supports:
    Mauricio Pochettino
    Hard to believe they are not the best team in Europe at the moment. Liverpool and Klopp will surely crumble under this pressure. There is not a scarier team to have hunting you down at the moment.
  8. Feb 10, 2019

Buchan has whacked the hammer to Roswell

This performance today will have that other crowd down the East Lancs Road absolutely spooked. :drool:
  9. Feb 10, 2019

Yeah they are on fire now. Got KDB back as well who is hugely influential. But I still want to see them in big pressure CL ties before calling them that. I think the regression of Madrid/Barcelona will help them.

Liverpool should be worried. Although a slip up from City soon could make things comfortable for them, City look in 17/18 mood now.
  10. Feb 10, 2019

I love that Chelsea fans hate Liverpool so much. It brings us closer together.
  11. Feb 10, 2019

Mick321 Banned

Everyone was saying they weren't very good about 12 days ago and Pep was a joke after all the money now they are the best in the world again. :lol: Let's see what the final months bring, they arent as good as this result makes them look and werent as bad as the Newcastle loss made them look.
  12. Feb 10, 2019

adexkola Arsenal supporter

Me, and you. Yo momma, and yo cousin too.
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    Juventus and Barcelona probably?
  13. Feb 10, 2019

shamans Hoser

This season has made me dislike City less...
  14. Feb 10, 2019

Amadaeus Pochettino's mother

Supports:
    Mauricio Pochettino
    Barcelona maybe better, but Manchester City is superior to Juventus. Boggles my mind how Liverpool is on top of the league at the moment. I don’t think that will last much longer. Salah is amazing, so is Van Dijk and their fullback, and Klopp has done well to implement a philosophy that makes them very strong. But, when it comes to natural talent and good footballing philosophy, Guardiola and Man city is superior.
  15. Feb 10, 2019

padr81 Mr. MoneyBags

Supports:
    Man City
    120 goals, maybe 121 for the season now. Pretty impressive seeing as we had a horrible month just gone.
    Long way to go, still advantage Liverpool but you guys might do us a favor.
  16. Feb 10, 2019

dove Full Member

Miles ahead of everybody else. Pep has debunked every possible EPL myth and I fear City will be unstoppable as long as he stays in England. Of course someone like Liverpool can fluke a league having blind linesmen in every match but they are still nowhere near City's level.
  17. Feb 10, 2019

RedDevil5 New Member

Pep is one of the best managers ever, we are seeing that right now. Too bad it's at City, because it's fun to watch honestly. Just domination.

Better hope he goes somewhere else in a few years because they'll be tough to topple IMO as long as he's in England.
  18. Feb 10, 2019

Livewire1974 If it moves, report it.

Probably going to be killed for this, Pep is a top bloke.
  19. Feb 10, 2019

Athar Shaukat New Member

The question arises, what do the tactics need to be to beat this City side? They've got quality all over the pitch and man marking one player won't stop them from playing their game.

I think we can match Liverpool with being positive and attacking them with our midfield and attack. However with our match against City what would Ole need to do to stop them?
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2019
  20. Feb 10, 2019

Tommy bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered

Supports:
    Liverpool
    If you want a stat to make you cry in envy, here it is.

Edit: I just remembered that League Cup game :lol: Still, even without that...
  21. Feb 10, 2019

Inigo Montoya Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I don't envy them at all.Their philosophy is to buy trophies while being bankrolled by an oil rich state. They are welcome to it
  22. Feb 10, 2019

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

They're not the first team to spend a lot of money.
    The football they play is unbelievable.
  23. Feb 10, 2019

Raw Full Member

Even if you take the 9-0 v Burton and the 7-0 v Rotherham out, that's still 26 goals in all competitions. And 4 conceded (2 of which against fecking Newcastle of all teams).

I envy their ability to completely demolish a team. We haven't had a 5+ goal league win in a long time.
  24. Feb 10, 2019

Can23 New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Advantage in terms of points possibly but you guys have all the momentum now. That week playing Leicester and West Ham was our chance to damage your moral but we failed unfortunately. I think Jesus said you guys thought you'd lost it after Newcastle and seeing us draw 2 games has completely invigorated you. You have that swagger back.
  25. Feb 10, 2019

Skills Snitch

Exactly. Mourinho's first Chelsea outspent their opponents by a lot more if you take inflation into account. Didn't stop them playing shit on a stick football.
  26. Feb 10, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    That's a tough one. Who could we ask? Puel, Rafa, Hodgson? I don't have a foggy. Yeah, a real humdinger.
  27. Feb 10, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    But we had/have to go through a blip too right? If we really have come out of that (VvD and Gini recovered from their strange norovirus, TAA back, Firmino playing like a footballer again) then I'll take two draws all day long and twice on a Sunday.

We just have to draw against Utd and we are top. City don't have a game in hand to overhaul that. If anything, City shouldn't have lost their 4th game of the season against Newcastle.
  28. Feb 10, 2019

GhastlyHun Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    Except the very recent 5-0? Or was that a cup?
  29. Feb 10, 2019

Raw Full Member

Well there was Cardiff away where we won 5-1, so not exactly a 5+ goal win.

Last time we won by 5 goals in a league game was Wolves away in March 2012, won 5-0.
  30. Feb 10, 2019

GNRfan New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    City can play awesome football, but they can't turn it on every week. Lots of potential banana slips ahead of them.

For Liverpool to be pushing them is fantastic.
  31. Feb 10, 2019

BlueMoonOutcast Rag in Disguise

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Why? Your squad didn't cost pennies, you broke two world records for your keeper and centre back.
  32. Feb 10, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

Actually City do turn it on every week, the issue has been games being too easy for them leading to complacency. City have only gone behind once in the league this season and even that was a game they played really well in
  33. Feb 10, 2019

Indeed. Liverpool fans can no longer play on the rags to riches narrative. If they weren't challenging with the investment that squad has had then serious questions of Klopp would need to be asked
  34. Feb 10, 2019

cyberman Full Member

They've lost 4 times.
  35. Feb 10, 2019

And 3 of those games they've taken the lead in

EDIT: oh I see where my post maybe didn't make sense. Erm how to re-word... oh you know what I mean :(
  36. Feb 10, 2019

el3mel Full Member

Liverpool drawing with Leicester was the turning point. If Pool had a won, I could have seen a City meltdown and implosion in these last 3 games. This game gave him hope, and they picked on it.
  37. Feb 10, 2019

Makalu New Member

We didn't learn anything new about City today. Literally anyone who's got a hint of knowledge about football knows that on their day City are levels above anyone else and if they perform to their potential they can destroy the best of teams. City's problem is doing that consistently this season and not letting complacency set in. So frustrating to hear Souness and Carragher banging on about how they're going to win all their remaining games when just last week Newcastle did them. It's just another example of pundits living game by game and it's dumb. There's so little nuance with tv pundits, only hyperbole.
  38. Feb 10, 2019

Denis_unwise Banned

They funded the recent big signings due to selling their best player. Hate Liverpool as much as the next man but you do have to give credit where it's due. They would be doing well to finish within 6 pts of City when you compare squad costs & wage bills.
  39. Feb 10, 2019

GNRfan New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Our first eleven are world class, but have you seen our bench? We can't compete there at the moment, though next season I'd like to think we will have another striker, a CB made of steel, a creative midfielder and left back deputy.

City can field two sides. The bench is where it's at.
  40. Feb 10, 2019

Ban Full Member

Point about them braking transfer records for a keeper and a CB still stands.