Varchester City 18/19 discussion

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Bergman, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Feb 28, 2019

Skills Snitch

We inveitably will be by the last 2 years or so. But we enjoyed the benefit of being well ahead of market value in the first few years of the deal. It balances out.
  2. Feb 28, 2019

Red00012 Full Member

The real deal that can never fill their stadium.
  3. Feb 28, 2019

BluesJr Full Member

Exactly.
  4. Feb 28, 2019

Badenfutbolfan New Member

Supports:
    Man city
    Great deal, considering City's global fan base still small compared to other big teams but consistent success on the field would just help to keep it growing. I guess people around the world follow the premier league and see City fighting for top places year after year
  5. Mar 1, 2019

Badenfutbolfan New Member

Supports:
    Man city
    I don't think those will be easy games, no easy games left when you are fighting in all fronts with pile-up fixtures. Newcastle and Palace were easy games too. The more hames we play the more injuries players can get. It really is laughable to say tiredness can not be consider as a factor if we don't win the quadruple. You don't agree with that, that's fine
  6. Mar 1, 2019

Guy Incognito Full Member

7. Mar 2, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Let's see if Bournemouth stick to humiliating, relegation form away defeats followed by victories at home that have inexplicably kept them away from a relegation dogfight. Will be an interesting game without Laporte and the island of Fernando's.
  8. Mar 2, 2019

RochaRoja Full Member

Brilliant :lol: The Steve Lomas bit at the end is the cherry on top.

How long has West Ham’s mascot been a monster from the Super Sentai franchise?
  9. Mar 2, 2019

my mum New Member

Supports:
    Liv
    Ohhh... So, another £200m invested added to the already most expensive (by a good margin) squad in the world. Would this still fall into the "they're just trying to compete" the "sugardaddy advocates" keep trying to push? Should we be gratefull for it too? For "improving" the league even further and "raising" the level?
  10. Mar 2, 2019

Josh 76 Full Member

Pep saying today's performance against Bournmouth was City's best ever.
    Can any City fans shred some light on this statement ?
  11. Mar 2, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

It's obviously a comment to deflect attention away from what was probably a subpar performance
  12. Mar 2, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Hopefully they're starting to wane under the pressure and number of games / injuries. A manager only makes statements like this when there's something clearly not going as smoothly as before.
  13. Mar 2, 2019

abdo99 Full Member

if anything they are the ones feeling the pressure. The goals are drying up and injuries mounting again. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop points very soon.
  14. Mar 2, 2019

Stocar Full Member

They literally nullified their opposition in last two games and created loads of chances, but simply couldn't convert.

On the other side, in the 6:0 win, there was a period of game when every half chance turned into goal for them, while Chelsea wasted some good chances afterwards.

Likewise, Liverpool was supposedly impressive in their last win, but I didn't see it like that. They somehow managed to score from a basic cross into area with three defenders, and couldn't do wrong from then on.

Football is a funny game and final result never tells the whole story.
  15. Mar 2, 2019

adexkola Arsenal supporter

The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    This
  16. Mar 2, 2019

GhastlyHun Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    https://understat.com/match/9486
    I think I've never seen an xG of 0.0 so far :lol:
  17. Mar 2, 2019

BobbyManc Full Member

Supports:
    Man City
    Nope. Pep's delighted because it's clear that our players are thriving under the pressure and fired up for the title race. In the past month or so we've beaten Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, West Ham, won the Carabao Cup and now beaten Bournemouth without letting them barely even leave their own half for ninety minutes.

Pep is prone to hyperbole but I can understand where he was coming from today. Bournemouth literally didn't have a shot, on target, off target, blocked or anything in between. We were ruthlessly efficient today, whenever we lost the ball we hounded them down and won it back with an impressive speed. To completely smother a team away from home like that is mightily impressive, let alone one that is capable of turning it on against the bigger sides at home like Bournemouth.
  18. Mar 2, 2019

Can23 New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    The injuries are mounting but have come at a good time with winnable games and the international break coming up. I don't think they're feeling the pressure they've completely dominated both 1-0's and should of scored much more.
  19. Mar 2, 2019

Josh 76 Full Member

I will sleep better tonight after reading this.
    Come on Everton.
  20. Mar 2, 2019

Manchester Dan Full Member

Supports:
    Man City
    I read it was the first time since Opta stats began that a home side hadn’t managed a single shot in an entire game. You can call it efficient from City but that’s incredibly poor from Bournemouth. I’m becoming increasingly confident as the games pass by, if we can get our noses in front in the next couple of weeks then I think we’ll see it out. The injuries are a concern but we have Watford then an International break and then Laporte and Fernandinho will be back which is big. KDB perhaps not but we did manage nearly the entire season without him so that’s nothing new.
  21. Mar 2, 2019

Thunderhead Full Member

Supports:
    City
    First 7 day break between games for City since August
  22. Mar 2, 2019

andyox Full Member

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Yes you should be grateful. As grateful as Southampton fans are for all your cash you've given them. That seems fair.
  23. Mar 3, 2019

Paul_Scholes18 Full Member

City has looked beatable recently, but they seem to just win all games. They could win it all really. I think they will win the league. They are clear favorites to win the Fa cup unless we stops them. Champions league is hard to call, but they are the favorites and few other big teams seem to hit top form. Pep knows Barca and I think City would probably beat them. Same with Bayern. I think Juventus would be the best side to knock City out and they look like they will be knocked out.
  24. Mar 3, 2019

RochaRoja Full Member

Since Schalke they’ve probably looked the least beatable they have all season. They’ve barely looked like conceding a shot in recent weeks.
  25. Mar 3, 2019

20solskjaer Full Member

You had 2 weeks after the newcastle game in september before you played fulham

Then had 12/13 days after both liverpool in october and the derby in november

Do they not count because they were not ‘7 day’ breaks?
  26. Mar 3, 2019

Buchan has whacked the hammer to Roswell

Yep, spot on. City have been undoubtedly the best team so far this season and barring that injury-ravaged, Christmas-time blip where they uncharacteristically lost three games in quick succession, they’d be well clear in top spot. I can genuinely only count about five games this season where Liverpool have been excellent; City, on the other hand, generally are.
  27. Mar 3, 2019

Thunderhead Full Member

Supports:
    City
    Thought it might be obvious I wasn't counting international breaks
  28. Mar 3, 2019

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

They are running on fumes. They didn't move the ball as well as normal.
  29. Mar 4, 2019

my mum New Member

Supports:
    Liv
    Impecable strawman there. If not much else, you city fans put out some master classes in "whataboutism" and falacies... I'll indulge you.

Last time I checked saint's fans weren't thrilled about us picking their players, nor were the reds as pretentious as to suggest they should be happy about it. The arrogance to call others entitled for what they EARNED while at the same time declaring themselves saviours of the league for what you're GIFTED.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2019
  30. Mar 4, 2019

my mum New Member

Supports:
    Liv
    Blaming the december spell on injuries is shameful, considering the team you're talking about. That's no excuse. They lost against an open Chelsea and 2 proper canon fodder teams. If half a billion worth of depth doesn't cover that, what will?

And no, City have not undoubtedly been the best. The league table shows that. Just because City's shining a bit more highlights wise (loads of goals and pretty stuff) it doesn't automatically make them "undoubtedly better". Our defense has been excellent, on another level compared to City's and our CL campaign has been more memorable too (the wins against PSG and Napoli in the final match plus a very decent display against Bayern's bus). Also, our heights, against Arsenal or Utd have been masterclases, way better than anything City's shown.

If the season ended now, they'd be rightfull and deserved winners, but in no spectacular fashion. Newcastle, Shalke or Chelsea have recently shown they're as vulnerable and flawed as anyone.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2019
  31. Mar 4, 2019

Thunderhead Full Member

Supports:
    City

Yo Jürgen, welcome to the forum
  32. Mar 4, 2019

andyox Full Member

Supports:
    Manchester City
    I was teasing your woe is me attitude based on a rumour City may spend lots of money in the upcoming transfer window. We're in a privileged position with the money we are able to spend, and so are you. We've spent a lot of money on transfers in recent years, and so have you. Yes you earned your cash via the status derived from your trophy-winning glory in the 60s/70s/80s. We didn't earn it that way. But I'd guess it's irrelevant to the fans of clubs we both plunder for players where the cash comes from. I don't recall cursing Chelsea's ill-gotten Russian money when they came calling for SWP, I was just annoyed we'd lost our best player.

Talking of strawmen, where did I call you/Liverpool fans entitled or declare City the saviour of the league?
  33. Mar 5, 2019

Cold Fusion New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    This is now City's to lose. They certainly have the momentum at the moment. Liverpool have stuttered somewhat.
  34. Mar 12, 2019

Sauldogba New Member

City fans must be living on cloud 9 seeing their team score 7 in a game.
    :(:(
    Reminds me what weve missed and what it was like sometimes for us under Fergie.
  35. Mar 12, 2019

BobbyManc Full Member

Supports:
    Man City
  36. Mar 12, 2019

adexkola Arsenal supporter

The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    Yeah but 20 of those were against Newport
  37. Mar 12, 2019

Eddy_JukeZ Full Member

Pep's teams always peak in their 3rd season.
  38. Mar 12, 2019

Trizy New Member

Say what you want about Baldy and him spending half a billion but his teams know how to score goals.
  39. Mar 12, 2019

tomaldinho1 Full Member

We'll get them next round, somehow pull off a win and Pep will have a meltdown culminating in growing a Tuchel style comb-over and donning hipster glasses.
  40. Mar 12, 2019
    That might well happen. I actually think United will have the best run among the English teams in this year's champions league.

Although I dread the scenario.:nervous: