Varchester City 18/19 discussion

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Bergman, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Mar 12, 2019

Wayne's World Full Member

I'll judge them when they actually face a big side in Europe. Pep since leaving Barcelona has been exposed by top level European clubs when he was at Bayern and somewhat at City too. No big teams are going to allow City the space to have the freedom of the pitch, they will be making sure that City will be more worried about them then they would be of City.

Saying that they will get a soft draw in Porto/Ajax in the next round....or even Spurs :wenger::D
  2. Mar 13, 2019

SAFMUTD Full Member

The sad truth is they are on another level from us, they have a top manager, top players, top DOF, they have money and will keep investing, it will be really hard for us to catch up with them. We need serious investment and excelent planification, I hate them but damn theyre good.
  3. Mar 13, 2019

Sir Scott McToMinay Full Member

For now we should be fine with that.
    They’re already prevented Liverpool from winning the league once, when no one else could, and no one else can do it now, so thanks feck they’re playing well.

However, they won’t be this good forever, their two best players, Silva and Aguero are getting there age-wise and they would be very very difficult to replace, regardless of how rich you are.
    We’ll improve too, no doubt about that.
  4. Mar 13, 2019

SAFMUTD Full Member

They have Txiki Begiristain, he is the star behind the scenes. I have no doubt they will find players to replace them, they're not just a rich team anymore spending for the sake of it, they have a really really good director of football and thats why you can see their last signings have been incredible, from Sterling, Sane, Bernardo Silva, they are players that are young and will only get better.

What Im most worried about is that with all the Ole hype around we have calmed the fact that we have really been underwhelming, and the sad part is that the owners just care about money so I don't think we will improve as much and as fast as we need.
  5. Mar 15, 2019

Adnan Full Member

It's from Martin Lipton so I'll post it..
  6. Mar 15, 2019

Adnan Full Member

7. Mar 15, 2019

Charles Miller New Member

Its not enough to catch them.
  8. Mar 15, 2019

mdvmia New Member

Supports:
    Barcelona
    I doubt a two window ban would even hurt them that much
  9. Mar 15, 2019

Trizy New Member

They already have the best squad in the world on par with Barcelona. A lot of them are young, a transfer ban won't matter a feck to them.

EDIT: Ah I see it's to do with signing Youngsters and nothing to do with falsifying finances.
  10. Mar 15, 2019

laughtersassassin Full Member

It could be if we had ambition and went gung ho.

We wouldn't catch them instantly but we could over next 2 seasons.
  11. Mar 15, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

Liverpool have managed it this year? They can score all the 5's 6's & 7's they want it all equals 3 points at the end of the day

I agree though that a 2 transfer ban/1 year isn't going to affect them much (afterall they only signed Mahrez in the summer) and it would probably take double that before that squad will really need refreshing of some sort
  12. Mar 15, 2019

totaalvoetbal Full Member

Supports:
    Ajax
    I'm really hoping we do not draw them in the next round. It would be painful to watch us against a team playing with the Johan Cruijff style.
  13. Mar 15, 2019

PepG Full Member

Supports:
    Ajax
    On the contrary I hope we draw exactly them. Both games will be a joy to watch.
  14. Mar 15, 2019

totaalvoetbal Full Member

Supports:
    Ajax
    I want us to get as far as possible and I think that they are the worst draw.

I hope we draw Juventus personally.
  15. Mar 15, 2019

BobbyManc Full Member

Supports:
    Man City
    What happens if a club agrees a deal to sign a player in the summer and afterwards they get hit with a transfer ban?
  16. Mar 15, 2019

adexkola Arsenal supporter

Me, and you. Yo momma, and yo cousin too.
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    Do you fancy your chances against Juventus?
  17. Mar 15, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

Well you cant register players now until the summer window is open so any players wouldn't be able to play for an entire season

Chelsea registered Pulisic in Jan but loaned him back to Dortmund so that'll be why they're ok with that one
  18. Mar 15, 2019

SER19 Full Member

Easiest run of cup draws ever faced by a side. Impossibly easy, moreso when you’re cheating most of the clubs you face,

Oxford Fulham Leicester burton to league cup final
    Rotherham Burnley Newport Swansea to fa cup semi
    Schalke and spurs to cl semi

Basically cheapening any sense of achievement in football. Simply no excuse not to get close or achieve 4 trophies.
  19. Mar 15, 2019

Andrew Wolf New Member

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Hahahaha I wondered when this would come up. Cheapening something unprecedented? Behave yourself
  20. Mar 15, 2019

Trizy New Member

History won't remember the path to the finals or the losers.

I'd take another treble or a quadruple with having beaten those teams to win each trophy and couldn't give a feck about the sore losers and haters. In fact, the saltiness would even make it better.
  21. Mar 15, 2019

Devil81 Full Member

They got such a deep squad I think the two window ban wouldn't bother them. Foden would be given more game time and they would no doubt blood a few more youngsters.

As for Spurs in the Champions league, perfect tie for City, a team exhausted because they've played a full seasons worth of games already with about 14 first team players!!!
  22. Mar 15, 2019

SER19 Full Member

When did i say they cheapen anything unprecedented? Any trophy they win is cheapened as a result.
  23. Mar 15, 2019

SER19 Full Member

Don't dispute this. Just that it's been a shocking easy run and their cheating means that they face teams in latter stages fresh and well stocked where as the likes of spurs are on their last legs.

They've broken the rules and are being heavily rewarded
  24. Mar 15, 2019

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

They're going to be as close as any team has ever come to the quadruple.
  25. Mar 15, 2019

SER19 Full Member

So they should be. Have spent and broken rules like no team in the history of the sport. As bad as doping but nobody is that fussed.
  26. Mar 15, 2019

andyox New Member

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Never thought we'd see the day that a United fan complained about City facing easy cup draws! We didn't choose the draws so can't really blame us for that.

No excuse for not winning the quadruple? Jesus :lol:
  27. Mar 15, 2019

horsechoker Sailor vee, this is a right off.

Will Guardiola stay if they get a transfer ban? If he stays, I think they'd get through it and still be relatively successful but without him, I think the club could struggle under a new manager. Guardiola is quite unique and this group of players will eventually grow older and less motivated. Moreover, a new manager would likely play a different system or be unable to coach the way Pep does.
  28. Mar 15, 2019

SER19 Full Member

I'm just saying they're easy. Are they not? And Considering those teams you see in front of you vs city's expenditure and rule breaking, who at this point should have knocked them from a cup? Newport?, Burnley? Surely not Burton?

Green smiley all day but spending billions while breaking the rules and beating Swansea doesn't command respect
  29. Mar 15, 2019

andyox New Member

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Don't think he'll go to be honest, he's always been pretty straight about fulfilling contracts. We only signed one player (Mahrez) over the last two transfer windows, and he hasn't contributed much, so I don't think a two window ban would be fatal, but obviously we do have some gaps we need to fill (centre midfielder, left back, centre back) this summer if possible.
  30. Mar 15, 2019

andyox New Member

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Yea totally agree we've been lucky with the cup draws this season, no argument there at all. We'd be favourites going into most domestic cup games but obviously it'd be far tougher to play e.g. United away in the cup instead of Swansea this weekend.

On rule-breaking, also agree that we have broken the rules. But whether our results command your respect is irrelevant really. The results are the results.
  31. Mar 15, 2019

charlie9882 New Member

Pep said just last week that the only way he leaves before his contract ends is if the club sack him, which isn't going to happen. He also said he's open to extending his time at City beyond as well.
  32. Mar 15, 2019

ash_86 Full Member

[​IMG]

Juicy!
  33. Mar 15, 2019

RobinLFC Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Let's hope Tottenham have them all figured out by the 20th :lol:
  34. Mar 15, 2019

ash_86 Full Member

We're all ears at the end of it. :lol::lol:
  35. Mar 15, 2019

Fluctuation0161 Full Member

Do they win the crown as most dodgy football club in Europe?

No doubt their deluded fans will write it off as an agenda against them. When will they realise...
  36. Mar 15, 2019

Irwin99 Full Member

You can only beat what is in front of you and it's not as if it's your club's fault but the draws have been ridiculously kind to you. You couldn't ask for a better route to the semi finals in all of those competitions. It's not unique to City, it just happens sometimes. I seem to remember some of Chelsea's FA Cup wins over the years where they virtually got a free pass into the later stages (whilst we'd get Liverpool, Arsenal or City away :mad: )
  37. Mar 15, 2019

SER19 Full Member

That's what lance Armstrong should have said. I'm sure all those guys who nearly killed themselves cycling up mountains for years would've said yeah, fair enough lance results are results.

This city side should be looked at as marseille 93 or juve circa 06. A sham that they're competing so easily in latter stages of these competitions. What is the point for a club like ajax. Why even bother try get back to the top (where they can look back with respect)
  38. Mar 15, 2019

SER19 Full Member

He also said he cares about youth and playing football the right way. So I guess he's full of shit
  39. Mar 15, 2019

Fluctuation0161 Full Member

Very true.
  40. Mar 15, 2019

BobbyManc Full Member

Supports:
    Man City
    Yeah because what City are doing is comparable to match-fixing. Does City competing for the quadruple hurt you that much?