1. We are delighted to have been nominated for Best Forum in The Football Blogging Awards. You can vote for us on their website here and via twitter here. You can read the caf thread here. Thanks to anyone who votes for us.
    Dismiss Notice
Victor Lindelof image Sweden flag

Victor Lindelof 2018-19 Performances

Jump to: Barcelona 3:0 Man Utd

View full 2018-19 profile

6.3 Average rating
36 Appearances
1 Goal
1 Assist
8 Clean sheets
3 Yellow cards
  1. Mar 17, 2019

lysglimt Full Member

One of the Swedish newspapers today claims that he has turned down the Swedish national team against Rumania and Norway (and this is an unbelievable explanation) - because his best friend in football, John Guidetti hasn't been picked for Sweden.

It's so bizarre I find it hard to believe - but it's the kind of story it's almost impossible to conjure up. Especially as Guidetti is utter crap and hasn't done anything in like 6 years to warrant being anywhere near the Swedish national side (22 goals in the last 5 seasons). The official reason is personal reasons - so let's for Gods sake hope this is wrong.
  2. Mar 17, 2019

andersj Nick Powell Expert

Would assume it is because he and his wife is expecting a baby very soon.
  3. Mar 17, 2019

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    With John Guidetti maybe? No smoke without fire?
  4. Mar 17, 2019

Adnan Full Member

:lol:
  5. Mar 20, 2019

extincti fugax hominum New Member

So what do we think of him in the long term? He had a bad season last year and turned it around this term but still doesn't fill me with confidence about being the cornerstone of our defence in the next couple of years tbh. He was below par and clearly our worst centre back last season so people probably rate him higher than his actual level now as he's improved. For me he's joined our group of not so bad but definitely not world class defenders this season. We probably had a proper Rio-Vida season last time in 2008-09 or 2010-11 and the fact that we still didn't find a settled centre back partnership after all these years is absolutely abysmal.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  6. Mar 21, 2019

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    He'll have his chances like Rojo etc. But I agree we can't just bet on him having a real breakthrough season next year and need to sign a CB to compete with him and Smalling at the least. He has improved as you say, but if his bottom level returns full circle and next year we have the same options as we do now then most likely the defence will cost us, like it did this season.
  7. Mar 25, 2019

Sean_RedDevil Twitter bot

Congratulations Victor and Maja :)
  8. Mar 25, 2019

SirAF Ageist

Excellent timing!
  9. Mar 26, 2019

Sean_RedDevil Twitter bot

Swedes with the Mourinho mentality :rolleyes:
  10. Mar 30, 2019

Milo2035 New Member

We’re missing him badly. The reason midfield was so poor today is lack of quality to build from the back.
  11. Mar 30, 2019

Amar__ Not so Full Member

Supports:
    MK Dons
    :lol:

Rubbish. Smalling was actually probably better than him with the ball in last one or two games.
  12. Mar 30, 2019

AgentP Full Member

Thank God Jose is no longer here. Lindelof would be sitting on the bench for the rest of the season.
  13. Mar 30, 2019

Ekeke Full Member

:lol: good one
  14. Mar 30, 2019

Ban Full Member

Why?
  15. Mar 30, 2019

breakout67 Full Member

Lindelof was starting almost every game for us at the start of the season. He was also one of our best performers this season. Once again people make shite up to satiate their hatred for a manager.
  16. Mar 30, 2019

AgentP Full Member

EDIT: I think you understood wrong. I meant Jose would bench him for the remaining games of the season if he missed a crucial match to be with his wife and baby.
  17. Mar 30, 2019

Holters New Member

As I wrote in the match thread:

Show Lindelöf some respect. What has he done to deserve all the hate he is getting now? He has been nothing but professional during his United career, and stuck it through in periods were it didn't go so well for him. Apparently - according to Maja Lindelöf's blog, his wife - they recently went through the following:

"The day before the national team selection we went home from the hospital and had been told that the baby did not grow as he was supposed to and that the head was the only organ that still growing, that all the energy from my uterus went only to his brain. In shock we sat on the couch at home and called our families and told them. I remember sitting on the couch, stroking my stomach and crying every minute since my whole reality had changed. My normal and healthy pregnancy was suddenly something else, my son who has grown like he should had suddenly stopped growing and his weight increased too little for his age. I had 12 hours to process all the feelings about a early/forced (medical) birth, possible caesarean, an early birth and a baby that did not do well before the media created a hate storm against us."

I, as a father who experienced the birth of my first son only six months ago, completely respect and understand if Lindelöf's head is with his family rather than football right now - especially if you take the backstory into account.
  18. Mar 31, 2019

Milo2035 New Member

What ? :lol:are you serious ? Jones and Smalling can pass the ball to the nearest player. Lindelof meanwhile can carry the ball forward or make creative passes to initiate attack.
  19. Threadmark: Wolves 2:1 Man Utd
    Apr 2, 2019

Devil may care Full Member

Average game at best tonight, the more we got stretched the more he struggled with his lack of pace, but certainly the best of the back 3/4. .
  20. Apr 2, 2019

Adnan Full Member

Cavaileiro absolutely destroyed him for pace at the death, but he was ok apart from that.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  21. Apr 2, 2019

Paul_Scholes18 Full Member

I thought he played well for most of the game. Better than Smalling today and was not helped with De Gea being so poor today too.
  22. Apr 2, 2019

Kostov Full Member

It fecking amazes me how he can follow an attacker around the pitch and sometimes the whole fecking length of it, and not put in a challenge. I mean anything Victor, whenever you are ready buddy.
  23. Apr 2, 2019

11101 Full Member

That's not his style of play, never has been. He was fine today alongside abysmal performance from the others at the back.
  24. Apr 2, 2019

Ekeke Full Member

Struggled along with Smalling. Thats why we need a DM or two in front of them. Fred alone wasnt the answer

[​IMG]

Left our defense to fend for itself and they didnt like it
  25. Apr 2, 2019

Kostov Full Member

He was far from fine, but you described his partners in defense perfectly and that will get the attention deservedly.
  26. Apr 2, 2019

Fosu-Mens Full Member

Was our best player today alongside McTom. Only real error was in the 1v1 versus Cavaleiro. A type of player he has always struggled with.
  27. Apr 2, 2019

Aloysius's Back 3 Full Member

He is not a ball playing defender. Blind was.
  28. Apr 2, 2019

Patrick08 Full Member

It's really annoying his ball playing skills are exactly like pogba's up and down performances. For some reason he never plays ball out from the back when snalling plays alongside him.
  29. Apr 2, 2019

FootyGirl88

Definaltey - me personally I think he was a better player
  30. Apr 2, 2019

Iam Zlatan Ibrahimovic New Member

Except for the last 1vs1 challenge, I think Lindelof had an alright performance. Like his calmness and how he always looks for the pass to break opponents lines.

This was the heaviest loss in Ole´s rein, we really needed the 3 points today...
  31. Apr 2, 2019

Aloysius's Back 3 Full Member

He was. Just the manager at the time didnt appreciate him. I think Ole definitely would have.
  32. Apr 2, 2019

Ekeke Full Member

He has. But its always been an occasional thing. When you talk about CBs with ball playing ability you tend to talk about players who are making those passes every game. Ramos will make diagonal long balls onto the right wing every game. Toby will attempt long range passes each game. Bonucci will play passes into midfield and join up with them each game. At least thats the case when I watch these players.

With Lindelof its a very occasional good pass or two into midfield and attack. It shows he can do it. He just doesnt do it with regularity.

Really he's just more comfortable on the ball than our other CBs. He's not starting moves from the back.
  33. Apr 2, 2019

Patrick08 Full Member

I always wonder if that will improve under a manager who focuses on playing out from the back as a tactic. I think it really will improve in that instance.

Here he just sees the midfeild dropping deep to receive the pass and its the teams strategy to give the ball to that midfielder or full back. Ole has not focussed on playing out from the back.
  34. Apr 3, 2019

Leif GW New Member

So sick of how passive he always appears to be. Running around with his hands around his butt looking at the ball and occasionally screaming about someone else taking a run. Do something yourself for once.
  35. Apr 3, 2019

Rifer Full Member

Back to his usual safe mode.

Boring, need to impose himself more. Maybe he's still affected by the recent "threat thing".
  36. Apr 3, 2019

ErranMorad Full Member

He was played so well in Smalling's absence on the right. Hasn't looked the same player since he has been moved back to LCB.
  37. Apr 3, 2019

KennyBurner New Member

Him and dalot love to do that. It's why he will never reach amazing heights. He doesn't like to contest aerial balls either. Its a 50/50 challenge for him. All in all he has done very well this season and i like the profile of the player he is. We want more ball plating centerbacks for the future but his lack of aggression is terrible for a defender.
  38. Apr 3, 2019

kundalini Full Member

I barely noticed him until that awful moment late on that led to them hitting the bar. Given his ability on the ball, I'm often a bit disappointed that he hasn't produced more quality in the build-up phase. There was one moment that impressed me. The stats say he completed the most passes of any of our players.
  39. Apr 3, 2019

kaempen New Member

Players are generally going to look worse individually when the team is losing. He surely needs to become more aggressive, but let's see how things feel once United get back to winning some games.
  40. Apr 3, 2019

FootyGirl88

I'm beginning to think it's the latter..