Vidic

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by vijay, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Feb 13, 2010

VoetbalWizard Banned

pique :D would disagree.

i watched rvn plenty at madrid, and his first two seasons, he was on fire. had a spring in his step that was missing in his last 2.5 seasons with us. at madrid he scored a much bigger variety of goals than he did at OT.

plus he won two leagues in madrid in a shorter time than it took to win one league with us.
  2. Feb 13, 2010

Feed Me I'm hungry

How the feck do you know he doesn't deserve a medal?

All we have actually heard from the horse's mouth is that he is happy here.

All because Ronaldo reneged on his word, all of a sudden, no one is to be trusted.

Jeez. Get a grip people. None of us are any the wiser.
  3. Feb 13, 2010

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Did he really? After all he said from day one of signing with us literally that his dream was to one day play for Real Madrid tbf..
  4. Feb 13, 2010

Neither will it be for as low as 20 million. He is definitely more valuable than that.
  5. Feb 13, 2010

Striker10 "Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

nah it was to play in Spain. I'm not sure where the myth comes from. Maybe because his fat mother liked them? After 2006 world cup when he was thinking of moving he said both madrid and barcalona.

However madrid are 'sluts' and seduced him. They probably called him everyday. They shoved their shirt/gifts down his throat and asked him all kinda shite at press conferences when he was away

There's no doubt about that. He surely also knew madrid are an insain club who would pay crazy money - so what choice was there for him? None, not if he wanted to play in Spain because no one else would pay the money madrid were willing to pay and obviously his family are unfortunate. They offered their opinions when it was really none of their business
  6. Feb 13, 2010

:lol::lol::lol:
  7. Feb 13, 2010

what's so funny? Its fact. His dream was to play in Spain because they grew up watching spanish football. Paddy asked him and he's a Benfica fan. All this madrid talk is laughable. The madrid fans get a big 'kick' out of it though, believing he actually gives a shit when he don't. Sure he's happy (who wouldn't be?) but the idea it was a dream is a marketing ploy by madrid to paint a picture rather then it being because they paid 80m. To sum it all up? Ego
  8. Feb 13, 2010

Escobar Poster originally known as Michel04

Excellent defender. Whoever gets sold, we will continue play great football and someone else will take over his position. If we can sell him for a high fee and he wants to leave, he can go. Many will find that the grass isnt greener though
  9. Feb 13, 2010

Sam Full Member

I tell you what, if someone offered £30 million for him right now, I'd take the money and run.
  10. Feb 13, 2010

KSA - ManUtd Full Member

I think Evans established himself well and showed that he can be relied on. I have complete faith in him partnering Rio. If Vidic decides to leave then all we need is a young backup for the two who can eventually take over from Rio, and it seems Fergie has already found his man!.
  11. Feb 13, 2010

Vidic is what 28/29? I think we shouldn't even consider selling him. We're not a selling club. When Rio and Vidic are fit you're talking about a worldclass combination and defenders can play for many years.

Especially not to those bastard lot in Spain I might add. Wouldn't sell them a fecking virus
  12. Feb 13, 2010

:lol::lol::lol:
  13. Feb 13, 2010

Clique Full Member

:lol::lol:

Body Language? Where?

He hasn't been on the pitch for quite some time and i've got good common sense to tell neither of you are allowed anywhere near carrington. So where did you pick up vibes from then? Physic much?

Here is a player whose come out and said every bloody time a rumor comes out that all that is bullshit and he's happy to be at United. And here we are mongering him on a quote less, baseless Daily Mail article.

None of the my heart is in spain bull crap. None of the mother wanting her son to play for Real before she dies bullcrap. Even the bloody agent has come out and said this is all bollox. But all this is not enough, we've got a pair of experts who sense "body language" and actually want him punished for something he hasn't committed as of now.

I know i'm drawing parallels to Ronaldo here, but he signed a 5 year contract the october before we won the CL and it didn't stop him from going all guns blazing to engineer a move. If Vidic wanted a move, i'm sure we'd have atleast one quote attributed to him saying so. But here we are with Zilch, nothing, nip,nebbish,naught,cipher and wanting to punish him all the same.

Way to get behind the team and the players folks.
  14. Feb 13, 2010

Rado_N Grinner ruined my tagline

Spastic.
  15. Feb 13, 2010

Sultan السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

As if he knew at the age of seventeen he would become the BPITW, and Real would want to sign him. All rubbish Chief.

I have lot of dreams, and almost all get stored in the brains trash bin.
  16. Feb 13, 2010

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    :houllier:

How can you segue directly from a discussion about Ronaldo to coming out with nonsense like that?
  17. Feb 13, 2010

onlyoneunited Full Member

Why are so many convinced he is off?

His body language doesn't look right.....how the hell could you know what he's thinking or even know what his body language means? Could it be that he's just not the same because oh i don't know, how about the fact he's been injured most of the season and just can't seem to get a run of games fully fit?

No smoke without fire...WTF where's this fire then? It certainly not from Vidic, his agent or the club, quite the opposite in fact. If anything this 'fire' has been created by the media to sell papers, which fans have jumped on, causing the media to realise they have a gold mine with these stories and to keep them going. Que more hysterical fans. And the cycle continues.

People in the know....christ get a grip some of you, there is no such thing as real people in the know in regards to football. Only people who want their 5 minutes of fame when hysterical fans jump on nothing stories.

I mean this is getting rediculous, its a nothing story for now, just wait till the end of the season and see what happens. Till then he's still a United player, due all the respect that a player wearing the shirt, and i might add performing brilliantly since he arrived, is due. No medal business is just petty bullshit
  18. Feb 13, 2010

Of course Vidic is a world class defender, I hardly think anyone will argue on that point. However, you're using similar arguments used during Ronaldo transfer discussion. If Vidic wants to go the club or SAF can do very little to stop him moving. In that situation the policy should be to get the best value for the club.
  19. Feb 13, 2010

Now that's rubbish frankly. What ''he knew'' didn't matter. It was his stated intention and ambition to one day become the best in the world and play for Real. He fulfilled both. I fail to see how he wasn't true to his word.

That is what seperates men like you and me and people like Ronaldo.
  20. Feb 13, 2010

Can you or someone find a link where Ronaldo stated at the age of seventeen his dream of playing for Madrid. I doubt he would be that naive or stupid on the day of signing to declare his dream of playing for Madrid.
  21. Feb 13, 2010

is seque speak? Klingon? ....

Just because you think it's nonsence don't make it nonsence. No worries, i'll take my chances....oh fountain of great knowledge...what's seque?
  22. Feb 13, 2010

Ronaldo and vidic are chalk and cheese. Ronaldo made it clear what he wanted. Vidic has made it clear too but people ignore it and make up stories with absolutely no foundation.

There is no proof anywhere vidic wants to go. Anywhere. Thats what makes it so bizarre
  23. Feb 13, 2010

Hawkeye Full Member

Why do we just ask for Benzema in a straight swap, They seem to want to offload him because they want Villa.
  24. Feb 13, 2010

That'll probably be the rumor in a day or two..:drool:
  25. Feb 13, 2010

It's not bizzare.

Ronaldo categorically denied he wanted to move after the final. You were one of his biggest supporters in the massive Ronaldo thread. You always insisted it was rubbish concocted by Madrid and always refused to blame Ronaldo for the speculation.
  26. Feb 13, 2010

I never said he did it the day he signed. But with in his first few months of getting here it emerged he dreamed of one day playing for Real. It's not something he hid from the club. We all knew deep down it was a matter of when he'd go to Real and not if. Long before the saga of his last 2 season's here.
  27. Feb 13, 2010

To me it's pretty clear that's exactly what you said.
  28. Feb 13, 2010

Jase Full Member

Is this post feckin serious? Strangest shite I've read in a while, well done.

I don't know more about Vidic's future than anyone else (lot of people seem to believe they actually do though) but what I find strange is how so many of you can be so certain of his departure based on nothing but paper talk. Do I need to remind you that these papers are filled with lie-coated lies every single day? That people actually make money out of these rumours regardless if they're true or not. Let's be honest here, apart from the time(s) when Vidic's agent has insisted his client is happy to stay put, none of these stories have brought us anything new to indicate he's off. They all just seem to recycle the same rumour that Mrs Vidic is miserable. Whoop de feckin do.

What is all this pessimism based on? Vidic's stop-start season? Post-Ronaldo depression? Or even the Beckhams? Is it the uncertainty regarding our financial future? That we're slowly but steadily selling off our biggest assets fore the ship sinks? Maybe we are. I'm slightly inebriated but let's grow some feckin balls about things se can't control (Vidic's future, that is).
  29. Feb 13, 2010

BaldwinLegend Full Member

lol Chiefy, you just got so owned mate!
  30. Feb 13, 2010

samabachan Banned

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
    Now City are 'apparently' in on the act :lol:
  31. Feb 13, 2010

Alex Banned

That is ridiculous, Vidic doesnt like living in Manchester, hmm where should he move, maybe City, give me a fecking break.

That said United would get 60 million from teh twats for him easy
  32. Feb 13, 2010

samabachan Banned

And another article. Seems liek the Ronaldo stories - no smoke without fire.
  33. Feb 13, 2010

x42bn6 Full Member

Vidić doing hard tackling in training is nothing new: Profile: Nemanja Vidic | Football | The Observer

34. Feb 14, 2010

Eriku Full Member

Lol

they just see a market for this particular rumour.. We've no reason to believe one thing over the other, and I can't believe the debate this all has sparked.
  35. Feb 14, 2010

Amir Full Member

No smoke without fire... People really seem to enjoy repeating this.
  36. Feb 14, 2010

samabachan Banned

Trust me, I have learned the hard way. I never thought in a million years that we would sell Ronaldo, at least not till the age of 27-28 and look what happened there...
  37. Feb 14, 2010

HsJ Banned

He's been missing for 70% of the season so far!

Can't wait til he's back, and on form. Shut all you idiots up once and for all.
  38. Feb 14, 2010

WireRed Full Member

The Sunday Times February 14, 2010

Man City prepare summer swoop for Nemanja Vidic

Duncan Castles

MANCHESTER is on course for another summer of transfer strife with wealthy Manchester City preparing to move for their neighbours’ unsettled centre-back Nemanja Vidic. The move would form part of City’s strategy to replace Manchester United as England’s premier football club, and echoes their successful poaching of Carlos Tevez from Old Trafford last year.

Like Tevez, Vidic is understood to feel undervalued and he has attracted the interest of several leading clubs, including Real Madrid and AC Milan. The 28-year-old Serbia international’s contract expires in 2012 and United are yet to talk about extending it.

Despite signing Joleon Lescott and Kolo Toure for combined transfer fees of £40m, central defence remains a weak area for City. An approach to Vidic in the summer would be modelled on the attempt to lure John Terry from Chelsea in the last close season. City promised to double the then-England captain’s wages to £250,000 a week. Encouraged by communication from Terry that he would move should a transfer be agreed with Chelsea, City made a series of substantial offers, all of them rejected.

City’s interest is unlikely to be welcomed by Sir Alex Ferguson, United’s manager. He has had to deal with problems in central defence all season, with both Vidic and Rio Ferdinand frequent absentees. In January, United agreed an £10m deal for Fulham’s Chris Smalling. They are also monitoring the centre-back’s England under-21 teammate Jack Rodwell, of Everton, and Denmark international Simon Kjaer. Vidic, inset, feels that performances that saw him named as the Premier League Player of the Season last term should be rewarded with promotion into the £100,000-a-week wage bracket. Offers from City and Madrid to exceed those terms means Ferguson would have to sell to a major rival, improve Vidic’s pay or try to manage a disgruntled performer.

I think my lungs are gonna burst through sheer laughter :lol::lol::lol: This journo is living in cloud cuckoo land along with that other fantasist, Cuntis :lol::houllier:

I thought Vidic alledgedly wanted out for cultural reasons AKA his wife is a stuck up tart craving a bit of sun. As far as I know, moving to the land of the bitters isn't much warmer :rolleyes:
  39. Feb 14, 2010

SharkyMcShark Horrified

Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
    Unbeievable, the amount of spastics that think he's on his way with no evidence at all.
  40. Feb 14, 2010

MadDogg Full Member

“Manchester United never lose, they just run out o
    I'm pretty sure it was never 'Real' that he dreamed about in the early days. It was Spain in general, so either Real or Barca. He may have had a preference between them, but not hugely so and we never heard about it.

It wasn't until the last few seasons, when it became obvious that Real were willing to pay the ridiculous fee for him, that his 'dream' changed to just Real in particular.

Over the last season or two Ronaldo was always wanting to go but happy to stay. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. He was happy here and didn't feel strongly enough to try to force us to sell him, but made little secret that he hoped we would agree to sell. When we made it obvious that we wouldn't sell him in the 08 summer he didn't complain, he just got on with it and got within one result of leading us to a second PL/CL double in a row.

In the heat of the moment he 'categorically denied' he wanted to move after the final, but anybody who took that particularly seriously was a bit naive. We had 12 months of him saying exactly what he wanted, and that's exactly what ended up happening - us selling him to Real for a world record fee.

Vidic has shown no such interests or uncertainty about his future. He has categorically denied it at least three seperate times, and his agent has come out twice and rubbished the reports, saying he doesn't understand why they continue.