Warcraft III - Reforged

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by cesc's_mullet, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Nov 3, 2018

cesc's_mullet Get a haircut Hippy!

Supports:
    Hawthorn Football Club
    Has just been announced at Blizzcon.

Yes, the GOAT game is being remastered. It's a shame they aren't making a 4th, but I think they may have butchered the storyline if they did, so this is the next best option.

Here's a 40 minute game play walkthrough from the guys at Back2Warcraft (two guys that keep the WC3 scene alive and commentate on all the tournaments that run, surprisingly regularly).

2. Nov 3, 2018

afrocentricity Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I rinsed this game back in the day. Guess I'll be getting it again... Finally.
  3. Nov 3, 2018

Castia Full Member

Probably one of the only cool things to be announced, I’m a huge Blizzard fanboy but that was an embarrassment. The Diablo mobile announcement felt like an April fools joke.

It’s a shame seeing a once great company start to fall but the spark as gone.
  4. Nov 3, 2018

RedSky likes to kick 10-year-olds Scout

Disappointing if i'm being honest. Looks like a game from 6/8 years ago graphically (being kind) and the gameplay is still clunky and old fashioned. I've already played Warcraft 1/2 and 3.

Feels like a cash cow with minimal effort on their part.
  5. Nov 3, 2018

Tommy bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered

Supports:
    Liverpool
    They've already confirmed that the Diablo team has huge projects in development but they're not quite ready to show them (D4, or another expansion for D3), so I don't know what people were expecting from the Diablo team, really.

But yeah, I'm excited for WC3:R.
  6. Nov 3, 2018

cesc's_mullet Get a haircut Hippy!

Supports:
    Hawthorn Football Club
    Did you check out the gameplay graphics? They are a huge upgrade IMO. I'm not expecting Red Dead level graphics, so they are good enough for me.
  7. Nov 3, 2018

Castia Full Member

They were expecting said games to be announced, they left it for the big reveal and dedicated the main hall space to Diablo.....they announced a outsourced mobile game, fecking hell I even cringed whilst typing that, it’s obviously got people pissed and rightly so.
  8. Nov 3, 2018

One Night Only Prison Bitch #24604

I'm sorta excited for a diablo mobile game... Will be good for breaktime at work
  9. Nov 3, 2018

Supports:
    Liverpool
    But they said to not expect any big announcements, so people got annoyed because... They were expecting big announcements?

Don't get me wrong, I've zero interest in a mobile Diablo, but I wasn't expecting anything big from Diablo either so it's a bit of a *shrug* moment.

Anyway, Blizzcon went pretty much entirely as predicted. WoW would give an 8.1 release date and some 8.2 info, WoW classic will land when the BfA down period hits to stop the sub drop, Diablo won't bring anything cuz they said they wouldn't, HS/HotS/Overwatch are irrelevant to me: Only the RTS team could bring something. I was happy as hell to see WC3:R.

Now, if only they could revert the big changes they made to gameplay in BfA so I can actually re-sub & enjoy the game again.
  10. Nov 3, 2018

Castia Full Member

They would have been best just not announcing anything Diablo related like last year, that mobile game (not even developed by Blizzard) could have been dropped elsewhere it’s just leaves a sour taste.

last time I checked it had 200k downvotes on YouTube whilst they got slaughtered during the q&a, you see the guy asking if this was a late April fools :lol:

Actually on topic I’m looking forward to the W3 remaster and classic WoW (although I feel the nostalgia will wear off fast leaving us with a let’s just say ‘dated’ game), it’s atleast included with the monthly sub.

I currently have 4 level 120 characters in BfA but I’m unsubbed at the moment, the Zanadalari troll will be enough for me to resub I think.
  11. Nov 3, 2018

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yeah I must admit I got a chuckle out of that :lol: Also the crowds reaction when someone asked if there will be a PC version at all.

Only thing I want to do on classic WoW is relive the Warlock demon/mount quests. Everything else doesn't interest me. Anyone who can clear normal in recent expansions has the skillset needed to beat Naxx, so it's not interesting at all. I'll come back to WoW if & only if they un-feck the classes. Playing tank right now is depressing.

WC3:R however, I know I'll just play non-stop. No reason not to. It's holds up pretty damn well for an RTS.