Wayne Rooney - 2013/14 performances

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Sam, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Feb 7, 2008

Sam Full Member

Ok, my bad, but whoever posted it, is a retard, just like Mithun.
  2. Feb 7, 2008

LizardKing First Team Regular

I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
    Rooney - braindead? Are you totally fecking stupid? He's one of the most intelligent players I've seen in the premiership.
  3. Feb 7, 2008

MUFCgal Full Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S5k8-_Pnzk

No more need for words, just let this fecking video do the talking. This is Rooney at his PURE fecking best since he's joined us. Anybody who is doubting whether he's good enough to play for us, anybody who's questioning his talent or ability...........watch the video, then hang your heads in shame you sad, ungrateful dickheads.
  4. Feb 7, 2008

Sam Full Member

I've taken the liberty of putting this into youtube tags, I hope you don't mind.:)

5. Feb 7, 2008

MUFCgal Full Member

No, thank you. I didn't actually know how you did that LOL. I totally agree with everything you've said in this thread. In a week when our club is mourning the 50th anniversary, when we lost some of the best young players the club had, some people have the absolute audacity to now question the ability and talent of one of our great young players of today, makes me sick to my stomach to be honest.
  6. Feb 7, 2008

Raven Blade Dull

Mithun, wherever you may be,
    Here is the real Wayne Rooney

Enjoy :keano:
  7. Feb 7, 2008

Die
  8. Feb 7, 2008

Mithun, are you a United fan out of curiosity?

Sorry I meant MU

Spastic
  9. Feb 7, 2008

DaSPOT on his face is caused by puberty

rooney the man scored 23 goals last year and had 10 plus assist ... and he was everybit as good as ronaldo last season...if he didnt get injured he would be atleast 5 or 6 goals behind ronaldo or even neck and neck with roonie.
  10. Feb 7, 2008

Pat_Mustard Full Member

A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

Excellent post. Looking forward to laughing at whatever shower of shite Mithun posts in response to this.
  11. Feb 7, 2008

Raven Blade Dull

Thats right. Some said Rooney had a below par season last year. :houllier:
  12. Feb 7, 2008

air_mood Full Member

Or maybe slip some rat poison into his stash.
  13. Feb 7, 2008

Wow, and there's more in here: http://www.redcafe.net/f7/rooney-138684/

Prize prick anyone?
  14. Feb 7, 2008

DaSPOT on his face is caused by puberty

you know wat also is amazing he was so good in 05-06 he was our best player world class then and he still is world class now. when the lyon games come around bump this thread either in the CL or FA rooney is going to be above all the players on the pitch
  15. Feb 7, 2008

jojojo Moderator

First an observation - Roo scored twice in January - Villa and Reading. If he's sometimes looking awkward in front of goal it's not the kind of problem that gets fixed by scoring a tap-in - he's done that! His form tends to be patchy - let's hope he hits a red hot patch at the right time. He'll probably get about twenty goals for the season -which is a good contribution and if they're in the right games (ie: when Ron can't score!) may turn out to be a critical one.

The biggest problem Rooney's got is the sheer weight of expectations. Where do you go after scoring a CL hat-trick on your debut? Unless you're going to hit a century a season, people will always be wondering if the reality matches the fantasy.

Personally I was glad when SAF came out and said they feel Rooney's working too hard and it's time for the midfield to be providing the workrate (and the occasional goal) and for Roo to get a chance to focus on playing up front.
  16. Feb 7, 2008

MUFCgal Full Member

17. Feb 7, 2008

Sam Full Member

Also, remember the Villa FA Cup match. It was 0-0, we were playing poorly and it was looking like going to a replay, then, on comes Wayne, takes the game by the scruff of the neck, scores a beautiful goal, and we go on to win 2-0.
  18. Feb 7, 2008

MagnificentDuke Act your rage

btw, totti is god
  19. Feb 7, 2008

AllhailManUtd Full Member

Manchester United need a minor miracle now, they'r
    The period between his comeback from his first injury uptil his second injury he was playing some absolutely phenomenal stuff. Sometimes I get the feeling that rooney does himself no favours by rushing back from injury
  20. Feb 7, 2008

FlawlessThaw most 'know it all' poster

Rooney haters are even more despicable than Hargreaves haters.
  21. Feb 7, 2008

MUFCgal Full Member

I see you've referred to us as this term in quite a few of your posts, as a Manchester United supporter it's disgusting really to refer to our team like that, can you not just use the proper name of the club and stop abbrievating it.
  22. Feb 7, 2008

All this Rooney bashing is quite similar to the severe bashing that Ronaldo got a couple of years ago. I will defend Rooney in the same way as I defended Ronaldo by saying he is the second best player at our club and boy is he one heck of a player. Just needs to get stronger boots.
  23. Feb 7, 2008

AllhailManUtd Full Member

Manchester United need a minor miracle now, they'r
    Agreed, though when scholesy is on form I'd say hes one of our best. But no doubting rooneys class, if it werent for the serious injuries he has he would be unstoppable at this stage.
  24. Feb 7, 2008

Raven Blade Dull

I will defend Rooney as much as I need to because I know how good he is. Some people, like Mithun, have the memory of a goldfish and forget all the good he continues to do for our club. I wont be able to rest until I see his current goal drought end (which hasnt actually been that long) and will keep willing the ball into the net when he has a chance.
  25. Feb 7, 2008

MUFCgal Full Member

Speaking of Mithun, he's getting all this venom directed his way and hasn't replied lately to it, where is he? Damn he must have crawled back up Joe Cole's arsehole.
  26. Feb 7, 2008

Yeah I know what you mean about Scholes, he is a brilliant player. But I just feel we can cope when he isn't in the team and some muppets have even started saying he isn't necessary because of Anderson (those people are again muppets). However when Rooney is missing we're not the same team, just look at the stats 4 defeats this season all without our "Wazza". I fear for Sunday's game without him.
  27. Feb 7, 2008

Almost feel sorry for the poor lad. If I was him i would stay away, he's fighting a nonsensical battle.
  28. Feb 7, 2008

Mithun Holds even more bizarre beliefs than Kemo

this analysis fails to include how many chances all the other players got in relation to thier goals in the games.

Also factor in that rooney plays for MU where chances are laid for him due to the strong support. What i'm saying and this is the argument that he is not 'clinical' - this is what we see in most of the games he does not score when he should! y'day he had 8 attempts on goal and 1 was on target.

For example Ibrahimovic in a defensive league may only get 1 chance in a game whereas rooney DOES gets several chances.

For this analysis to be valid one must factor in total shots to actual goals. I don't think this can be worked as no one has seen all these strikers. Perhaps a analysis can be done on a sample of players?

29. Feb 7, 2008

Joe Cole HAS been England best player in the last 17-18 months. He is very consistent. Rooney needs to score goals/ assists as that is his role. Forget everything else.

30. Feb 7, 2008

wrong word, he drifts. SAF has told him to stay up and score goals!

31. Feb 7, 2008

pretty consistent in my comments all along - i keep referring that he is not 'clinical'. Question is has he improved his finishing? Ronaldo certainly has, but has rooney? I don't think so!

32. Feb 7, 2008

Sam Full Member

That's a poor attempt at trying to worm your way out of this, and you know it. If anything, most of those players in your list will have had more chances as they play as they main striker, whereas Rooney, apart from occasions this season, has not.

Yes, because clubs like Inter, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid......don't have strong support :lol:

No, he's not the most clinical player in the world, but that's not the type of player he is! And anyway, as my stats prove, he is not as bad as you make out.

Ibrahimovic does not just get 1 chance a match, and you know it. Stop talking bullshit!
  33. Feb 7, 2008

Sam Full Member

By the way, Rooney has played 23 matches this season, and scored 10 goals. That's about a goal every other match, which is pretty fecking clinical for fully fit player, never mind a player who's season has been stop start due to injuries and isn't even a 'natural' goalscorer, like the likes of RVN or Ole Solskjaer.
  34. Feb 7, 2008

A few observations.

Vonlanthen is the youngest scorer for European Championships
    Rooney was explosive and good in eu2004 but critically Croatia/ Switzerland were not the best sides.

Hat-trick vs Fenerbahce was great but again Fenerbahce were poor

Teddy Sheringham at 31, scored 17 goals for MU in 1997 - and Cole, Ole, RvN regularly scored this amount. The difference is likes of Cole, Ole, Teddy did not start every game the way rooney does - who therefore platyed more games.

In the FA cup - the TEAM outplay Arsenal, Ronaldo too excels its not a one man show!

His winner vs LFC is bundled in by Dudek!

His Newcastle goal is great! But Hamann scored a few like that for LFC and even won goal of season previously. There are players out there who can volley i.e. Scholes, RvP etc The question is why does rooney not power in these strikes?? He seems to miscue mostly!

Fairplay rooney does come alive in the run in and does contribute towards the EPL and CL. Note a strong finish does not mean he has been consistent over the season.

PS no mention of the long goal droughts for England, MU (CL) and also for long spells in EPL. I believe he did not score in 15 games upto the CC final of 2006! At present he's on 13 games and 3 goals.

PPS No mention rooney was poor in the wc2006 and did compromise England with a crazy redcard.

Rooney has failed to assist/ score sufficiently in the qualifiers for the eu2008.

35. Feb 7, 2008

in this simple question don't you AGREE that rooney should get more goals with the chances he gets?? If yes - it means then he's not clinical!

36. Feb 7, 2008

Sam Full Member

An excuse for every occasion, eh ?

Please save yourself some face and feck off you stupid deluded feckwit.
  37. Feb 7, 2008

ecantona7 Full Member

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
    rooney was injured leading up to the world cup you fecking dumb twat and erickson still took him there.
  38. Feb 7, 2008

23 games, 10 goals out 57 chances. OK the last figure is fictional but seves my point.

Yes - his goals to game ratio is good. But he needs to be more clinical. Again i cite he needs to be clinical and not drift.

39. Feb 7, 2008

a reality check! as your analysis which i give credit was too subjective! And calm down in arguments -lets discuss it peacefully and with good banter. People like yourself should not resort to barking like dogs!

40. Feb 7, 2008

Sam Full Member

Not really, I'm quite happy with his goal return, I'd take what he brings to the team and his goals over a player who just scores goals, but contributes nothing to the team.

As I say, 70 goals in 170 games is very good when you consider where on the pitch he has played the majority of those matches.

You seem to fail to understand that Wayne Rooney is not in the same mould as a player like RVN, he is in more of a Cantona mould, he doesn't just stand on the penalty spot waiting to poach a goal, he comes deep and helps dictate play and create chances for others. Incidentally, Cantona scored 64 goals in 144 matches for United, a pretty similar record to Rooney's wouldn't you say ?