1. We've added a new Women's Team sub-forum to discuss all things related to the new United Women's Team.

Also, the FCUoM forum has been closed due to inactivity, with its threads moved to the Football Forum. To discuss FCUoM and Salford City moving forward, please use this sticky thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend positivity

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by SER19, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Nov 3, 2017

SER19 Full Member

Let's hit this huge game with a positive caf attitude. Hows this for a mood setter,

20 months ago we lost at home to Southampton for our 12th league loss at old Trafford in two and half years

As of today we have the clubs longest all time unbeaten record at old Trafford and haven't conceded from open play at old Trafford in almost a year. These are, inarguably, whether into stats or not, phenomenal records. (This has been very lightly reported in papers)

And all point to the fact that the improvement under mourinho is huge considering the rate of decline before he came. They're proof that we are definitely going in the right direction and the next proof of that will be a win at the stadium we are notoriously brutal at.

have faith, we have nothing to fear and are creating a lot of our own negativity. I for one think we will win this weekend
  2. Nov 3, 2017

bosnian_red Worst scout to ever exist

Definitely plenty of reasons to be positive in general. For this weekend though, not that many. I'd fancy us against anyone at OT. Away from home to a big team, especially one where we've always had an awful record... not too optimistic.
  3. Nov 3, 2017

Mciahel Goodman Worst Werewolf Player of All Times Staff

If we can win this game, it will be huge.

We'll set out to contain them and win on the counter. It'll be similar to Liverpool I think, but not quite as cautious (losing to Liverpool is far worse than losing to Chelsea for any United manager -- even Jose).

Expect Jose to have a tailor made game plan. Might see Jones man marking Hazard.

I'd be positive if Pogba/Zlatan/Fellaini were available but it's difficult at the moment when we play the way we do without having those players who can create, or in Fellaini's case, just cause havoc in the opposition box, make runs from midfield, and be a target from set-pieces and crosses. We lack physicality in midfield with Matic-Herrera. Pogba can't come back quick enough.
  4. Nov 3, 2017

Hambley New Member

One more reason to be positive is that Pogba and Fellaini come back soon. May be even on Saturday. We're gonna play much better with them.
  5. Nov 3, 2017

Massive Spanner Thinks Geoff Shreeves has one

It's Chelsea away. I'd happily take a draw.
  6. Nov 3, 2017

Sassy Colin Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    Positivity in the United Forum, I thought that wasn't allowed.

I am always positive about United, I am even able to accept that Ashley Young is actually earning his money for virtually the first time since he's been here.
  7. Nov 3, 2017

12OunceEpilogue Full Member

Cry God for Jose, Old Trafford and Sir Alex!

0-0 dour as feck will do me to be honest.
  8. Nov 3, 2017

NYAS Full Member

Absolutely fine with a draw. We have won there 3 times in the last 17 years in all competitions. It doesn't mean much for an isolated game I guess but I don't go into any season expecting to win at Chelsea.
  9. Nov 3, 2017

Mciahel Goodman Worst Werewolf Player of All Times Staff

This too. They're one of three teams who can realistically win the league (in my opinion) and our record there is abysmal. Draw at theirs, win at ours.
  10. Nov 3, 2017

Reynoldo Full Member

Can Arsenal pull one of their invincible performances out of the bag? I wouldn't rule it out, it would be pure Wenger
  11. Nov 3, 2017

Robbie Boy Full Member

It's not :nono:
  12. Nov 3, 2017

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    That's the killer. Stamford Bridge is arguably the worst possible place for us to go if we want to build on the positivity from our last result.

Mind you, if we do somehow get a result...
  13. Nov 3, 2017

red4ever 79 Full Member

Supports:
    Red Devils
    I want to be positive. I want to see Utd pick up another 3 points. I just have a feeling we are going to see the exact same performance and possibly result as away at Anfield. I would be very surprised if we didnt line up with a back 3 of Smalling, Jones and Bailly with Valencia and Young making up a back 5
  14. Nov 3, 2017

Why would that not make you positive? That's a good result.
  15. Nov 3, 2017

bosnian_red Worst scout to ever exist

Id take a shit 0-0 draw right now to be honest. As i would away to City and Spurs later on in the season. Away to a big team is incredibly difficult, and contrary to what a lot of the media like to say, it really isnt what decides the title. What decides it is who drops the least amount of stupid points throughout the season (huddersfield loss for example).
  16. Nov 3, 2017

SER19 Full Member

A draw is a good result for sure. We're going to win though, I can feel it
  17. Nov 3, 2017

SER19 Full Member

Correct.
  18. Nov 3, 2017

red4ever 79 Full Member

Supports:
    Red Devils
    I would be happy with a point, but at the same time I do want to also enjoy the game. I would like to see us be a little bit more of a threat going forwards.
  19. Nov 3, 2017

Did you enjoy the game against Spurs?

I'd be more than happy with a performance like that at Stamford Bridge, even without the late winner.
  20. Nov 3, 2017

red4ever 79 Full Member

Supports:
    Red Devils
    Yes I enjoyed the game with Spurs. I have said that previously. I liked our passion our attitude. I think the last 20 mins of the first half we struggled but apart from that we played quite well I thought.
  21. Nov 3, 2017

mu4c_20le Full Member

Being happy with a draw days before the match sounds more like managing expectations imo. It's something that should be felt after the match is played, where you think "hmm, a point at SB isn't so bad after a tightly contested affair".
  22. Nov 3, 2017

Hansa Full Member

Absolutely love the anticipation/nerves that come with big games near the top of the table. We haven't really had these since Fergie. It's been a long wait.
  23. Nov 3, 2017

cyberman Full Member

Theyve played Roma, Arsenal and City at home and imo Chelsea were second best in all 3 games.
    Thats why Im feeling so positive