well done chelsea!

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Marcosdeto, May 19, 2012.

1. May 20, 2012

FlawlessThaw most 'know it all' poster

Fair play on them for being the first team from London to win the Champions League. At least that monkey is off the back for the likes of Arsenal and Spurs.
  2. May 20, 2012

Bryan_Munich Aka RichieRich12

Yeah, Wenger will be chuffed.
  3. May 20, 2012

Sally Cinnamon Full Member

I may or may not be one of the people you referred to as being bitter in this thread but I'm struggling to disagree with much of this. Still really wish the Bayern had won though. Drogba and Lampard deserve it.
  4. May 20, 2012

Mockney Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

I wasn't particularly, I just scan read it. I dunno who said what. I understand disliking rivals winning though. Im just personally not that bothered.

Also, the "integrity" thread is far bitterer.
  5. May 20, 2012

ravelston Full Member

I'm happy for Lampard, Drogba, Cech and the rest of the side but, most of all, I'm happy for Di Matteo. Beating Barcelona and Bayern with a team that was pretty much written off by the pundits is a tremendous coaching performance. He got the tactics absolutely spot on for all three games. Brilliant.
  6. May 20, 2012

Neo_Mufc Full Member

Be crazy if he didn't get the Chelsea job but then again if he did how long would he be given in the job.......ah I feel like shite, not that Chelsea won but it's been a draining season.
  7. May 20, 2012

Vato Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Congrats Chelsea fans, I was rooting for you guys to beat those pricks, I couldn't stand the sight of that cnut Ribbery holding up the CL trophy.
  8. May 20, 2012

ghaliboy Snitches on Tom Hagen

A lot of emphasis has to be placed on a double now. The value is increasing.
    United have won their last two European cups and made the finals being defeated as Champions.

Today football died a bit for me.
  9. May 20, 2012

izzydiggler Full Member

Outside Balague's bedroom door wearing a Michael M
    Painful but winning the CL takes a lot - especially beating a Barca team who we all know are incredibly difficult to get past.

But their 6th place finish goes to show you how difficult it is to challenge for the league and the cup competitions.
  10. May 20, 2012

dinners85 Full Member

Happy for Lampard

In a way (put yourself in his shoes) I'm happy for Abramovich.

Terry on the other hand. What a plonker.

Roy Keane's greatest performance in a United shirt against Juventus in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final in Turin. He dragged that team into the final despite knowing (having been booked again) that he was going to miss the final. Never mind wanting to go and collect the trophy, Keane said that he didn't feel he deserved his medal.

I suspect Terry wants to be in the famous photo.

Keane had a chuckle tonight when asked about it.

I was coming around to the whole JT thing about what he'd done etc etc but then tonight he went and got his full flipping football kit on

No wonder JT has had pelters on the radio tonight
  11. May 20, 2012

Devil may care Full Member

Bayern were all over them but Drogba showed his quality again, his cup final scoring record is incredible, fair play to them and congrats to the Chelsea fans, especially Team Brian GB.
  12. May 20, 2012

Edmeiste Banned

You can say that again and again.
  13. May 20, 2012

Moston Red Formerly Giggs1973

Well done Chelsea...who said money can't buy you the champions league. City next and then maybe PSG or that Russian side. Bitter me not.
  14. May 20, 2012

Don't Kill Bill Full Member

Well done.
  15. May 20, 2012

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

:lol:

What? Why?

He's a billionaire who bought a football club and gave it ridiculous amounts of money to splash on the best players/manager. I don't see how that's a cause that should connect with me emotionally?!

I have to say that has to be one of the most fecked up Champions League wins in a long long time. They sat camped in their half and somehow end up with the old big ears. No excitement, no flair and zero amount of expansiveness. If this wasn't money bags Chelsea, this would be considered at par with Greece 04. It really was that bad. I thought after Barca, they'd have the balls to play a bit but it was unbelievably negative and boring from Chelsea.

Bayern being the home side actually worked out really well for Chelsea because they seemed nervous as feck. They seemed to dismantle themselves as soon as they got into the final third. And when they got chances, they weren't even connected.

Worst champions of the CL in ages.
  16. May 20, 2012

A grade The Languid One

Lurking in Berba's receeding hairline, stroking my
    No way I can be happy for Chelsea. Got out-played by both Barca and Bayern and the fecking lucky bastards managed to nick it. Maybe Roman built a few churches in Chukotka.

Can't stand Terry. Sorry excuse for a human being, the twat. I also wanted Spurs to play in the CL.

A really anti-climactic last week of football overall imo, nothing good came out of it.
  17. May 20, 2012

Yeah, shitty season on every front.
  18. May 20, 2012

Dyslexic Untied Full Member

Congrats to them.

Bayern were the better team yesterday, but Chelsea have been close some times now, and deserved to win the CL at some point.
  19. May 20, 2012

Probably would have been better if they'd done it before then. The way they did it was just really really ugly. Very Greece-esque. And it's understandable coming from Greece, not one of the richest clubs in the world.
  20. May 20, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

Why were we incredibly lucky in 1999?? We won it fair and square in 90 mins plus injury time. We won it in incredible style. What on earth you talked about.
  21. May 20, 2012

wr8_utd :'(

Chelsea have had to cancel today's parade after they realised that the bus they planned to use is still parked in Munich.
  22. May 20, 2012

Oggmonster Full Member

Fair play to them for winning it, there's not much you can say about the performance here or at Barca other than they were very very lucky really. You need luck in football but it was just so obvious they'd win that game last night with the amount of chances going to waste for Bayern then Chelsea's first real chance and they score it.

In cup competitions you have to take advantage of the luck and that's exactly what Chelsea did, I was quite glad they knocked Barca out as they do have an arrogance about them and this attitude where they must win which I find a bit dull and pathetic as they don't seem to know how to lose with dignity (much like Mourinho and Madrid.)

It was inevitable Chelsea would win this 1 day with all the money put in to the club, it's the same with City and fair enough to the fans who have been there for years as it is a great feeling though I always feel it would be a slightly hollow achievement doing it the way City and Chelsea do it. The key upside to this is the way their team is I can't see them winning it again any time soon so the one final they get to John Terry missed it.
  23. May 20, 2012

togg Full Member

One of my closest friends is a Chelsea supporter, nicest guy you could meet so I'm really happy for him. He's just had the night of his life. And I remember having one of those in 99. However when I see the season: Liverpool - Carling Cup, Chelsea - FA Cup and Champions League and Shitty - League

wow this bloody hurts. A season I want to put behind us to be honest. Roy Keane talks about seeing the angry hunger in Fergies eyes, something he has seen before. I really hope he is right.
  24. May 20, 2012

TOM_H Full Member

Well done Chelsea you are now the Champions of the Champions League.
    Interesting to see what happens next!
  25. May 20, 2012

Neo_Mufc Full Member

Similar to 2005, Chelsea - Carling cup, League, Liverpool - CL, Arsenal - Fa Cup.

2006-2011, well you know the rest.

I hope we show the same spirit that we did in the 06/07 season and dethrone City.
  26. May 20, 2012

Longsden_7 Full Member

You forgotten who plays for Chelsea? feck them

Worst season ever
  27. May 20, 2012

togg Full Member

yes...I forgot I erased 2005 from my memory....

In a funny way I'm hoping that our players and Fergie seeing Chelsea lift that cup might fuel the ambition and anger for next season, because that is what we need really. I hope they are hurting...really hurting, regardless of their hundreds of thousand pound salaries while the majority of us are re-budgeting just to pay the bloody gas bill !!
  28. May 20, 2012

noodlehair "It's like..."

Congrats to them. I've had to relutantly start liking Didier Drogba to the point I was sort of pleased for him.

I would also say well done, but, well, what did they actually do well?

They've also made an absolute mockery of the "integrity of the Premier League"...a team that spent all season striving to finish in the top four, is now artificially moved to fifth after the season is finished, and replaced with a team who spent the last 2 months deliberately putting out their reserve side?

To be fair this is Liverpool and the FA's fault rather than Chelsea's, but it certainly doesn't constitute a "well done"...it's ridiculously unfair and unjust, and has made the entire season into a bit of a joke.
  29. May 20, 2012

Count Orduck Full Member

I saw that too :D The BBC even put that picture up as their man photo, so you've got the Champions League trophy up in the air, Lampard on one side and a disembodied arm on the other, because Jose feckin' Bosingwa is blocking John Terry! Amazing.
  30. May 20, 2012

botond Full Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vevOWUe_x7Y
    to late ....
    was insane
  31. May 20, 2012

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    100% agree
  32. May 20, 2012

FlawlessThaw most 'know it all' poster

Obviously Chelsea fans should enjoy it...
  33. May 20, 2012

Siorac Full Member

UEFA's fault, not the FA's. The FA wanted to put Everton into the CL in 2005; the controversy became about precisely because of that, people were crying that the holders don't get the chance to defend the trophy.

There was no uproar in 2000: Zaragoza finished fourth in La Liga, Real Madrid finished fifth and won the CL. The RFEF went and duly submitted Real Madrid as their fourth participant and fecked over Zaragoza; nobody cared.
  34. May 20, 2012

vuc First Team Serb

Well done to them really.

You can't imagine they would have pulled this off with the state that they were in earlier this season.

They get an enormous amount of luck throughout, but they also put in some epic gutsy performances, and that deserves a lot of respect.

Drogba was fantastic, really stepped up when they needed it and I'm happy for him, personally I would retire now if I was him - winning the CL with your last kick cannot be beaten.

Munich :lol: losing on penalties at HOME. Wow.
  35. May 20, 2012

redmanc Full Member

Better than a Barca wank fest and better than a German team winning it. So well done i guess.

Shame it knocks Spurs out of the CL though.
  36. May 20, 2012

Siorac Full Member

I'm glad Van der Sar did not have the same idea in 2008 :angel:
  37. May 20, 2012

sammsky1 Full Member

Now that John Terry was beautifully ambushed out of the iconic 'cup holding moment' (we will never for example forget David May!), I don't begrudge the Chavs winning at all.

I am especially delighted for Lampard and Drogba, 2 of the most influential and special players in the Premier League history and also for Roberto de Matteo. He was a good guy during his playing days and amazingly invigorated and inspired a very poorly motivated squad almost overnight whilst conducted himself with the utmost of class and dignity during this turbulent and uncertain managerial stint.

Well done Chavski FC. Your still a plastic club ... but we know the feeling of being Champions of Europe, especially in such a dramatic style, and Im sure thier fans will enjoy it all summer.

Samsung has also done very well out of this .... sponsors of Chavski, Sponsors of the Olympics and a apparently a new game changing smartphone about to hit the market soon!