"We're Just a Rich West Brom"

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by LennonNL, Nov 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 8, 2017

LennonNL nipple flasher and door destroyer

So what do we think of this :lol:?

I personally think he hits the nail on the head with most of the things he says, but at the same time sums up the hysteria at United amongst the fans even though we're second and getting pretty decent results. The biggest worry for me is our away record, especially against the top 6.
  2. Nov 8, 2017

donkeyfish Full Member

We're done for the season. We're done
  3. Nov 8, 2017

Needham Full Member

I like the way he says goodnight at the end like he was calling from his bed and then leaned over, turned the lamp off and rested his head on the pillow.
  4. Nov 8, 2017

Mike09 Banned

I have no problem if we are becoming a rich West Brom but can still win the league. Mourinho was never a long term plan anyway that's why we only offered him 3 years contract and we haven't offer him a new contract since then. People should have expected this the moment we appointed Mourinho. Right now what we need to do is get back to the winning way and bring back the fear factor which has disappear during Moyes and LVG era.

However, I don't see us winning the league if we only aim a draw in away games against top 6. Back then when it used to be top 4 was possible but now is different era, it's top 6.
  5. Nov 8, 2017

haram Full Member

Complete moron.
  6. Nov 8, 2017

AshRK Full Member

Sometime our fans act as if we have been winning pl for last 3 years. We are 2nd after some really ordinary seasons.
  7. Nov 8, 2017

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

This has to stop. People are obsessed with winning ugly.
  8. Nov 8, 2017

Class of 63 Full Member

"Boing boing loadsamoney boing boing loadsamoney"

Pete Boyle, eat your heart out
  9. Nov 8, 2017

marukomu The Gatekeeper

How many threads do you we need saying we are shite?
  10. Nov 8, 2017

donkeyfish Full Member

I wonder how this place looked when we lost to Norwich in November 2015 (or was it December).
  11. Nov 8, 2017

Rhyme Animal Modmins said "freeze" and I got numb

Despite what most people seem to've read into my 'Dinosaur United' thread, I'm a fan of Mourinho and I love GOOD defensive football.

I couldn't care less if we were winning against Liverpool and Chelsea with Mourinho 'smash and grab' masterclasses, but we ain't. And on top of that we're losing to Huddersfield and drawing against Stoke - these are Van Gaal-esque type performances and results, and it's not good enough.

A rich West Brom is obviously being a bit sensationalist, but I do think that pressure is now, at last, reaching the top of the club that Manchester United should at least entertain while competing.

Hopefully they start taking notice soon.
  12. Nov 8, 2017

Mike09 Banned

Not sure what people are expecting from Jose Mourinho. He has the reputation and why some people are still asking the opposite of his reputation. If we don't want win ugly then we should have never hire Mourinho from the first place.
  13. Nov 8, 2017

BennyBlanco fixated with Shaw's bum

General feeling is some of our fans really come across entitled listening to that. I'll still take being a rich West Brom in 2nd place and top of our CL group than the 5/6/7th place and a joke in the CL we've been the last 4 years.
    Yeah, City are better than us right now, their fans are enjoying both the wins and performances, one team, it happens, get the feck over it.
  14. Nov 8, 2017

haram Full Member

Our best player was injured. We are second. We have won every game in Europe. Things will get better. City are the best side in Europe right now.
  15. Nov 8, 2017

horsechoker Sailor vee, this is a right off.

Does this mean West Brom are the midtable Manchester United?
  16. Nov 8, 2017

Will Singh Full Member

The negativity on the caf is getting to Moyes level. We’re 2nd for crying out load.
  17. Nov 8, 2017

iKeano Full Member

:lol:
  18. Nov 8, 2017

Rhyme Animal Modmins said "freeze" and I got numb

Yeah, we've been here before. They're not. And if they are, they should win the CL.

I remember a few seasons ago pundits were calling them out as the best team on Earth.

It's laughable. They always get hyped, and then always get shown up when the real big teams come out to play - same thing will happen again.
  19. Nov 8, 2017

Cloud7 Full Member

I've often wondered about this. This seems to be something that occurs only with City. Over the last few years there's always a rush in the media to declare how great City are, something which rarely happens with United or Chelsea. Normally takes more time for the others, but City are regularly declared the best very quickly.
  20. Nov 8, 2017

dichinero Banned

Must you resort to insults whenever there is a difference of opinions?
  21. Nov 8, 2017

Theonas Full Member Scout

City have never been praised the same they are this year, pretending otherwise is ridiculous. Every year whoever on top whether it's City or Chelsea gets plaudits but nothing like what City are getting this year. The fact they just had the best start for a league a campaign in something like a 100 years makes it not as crazy as you make it sound.
  22. Nov 8, 2017

Raoul Admin Staff

Correct.

We have a group of spoiled kids running around here. Just imagine if we were 3rd or 4th
  23. Nov 8, 2017

Womp idiot

That's harsh on West Brom. We're more of a rich Sunderland imo
  24. Nov 8, 2017

Salus Populi Suprema Lex Full Member

Personally, I think it's the predictability of the no-shows against our big rivals which accounts for it. I knew we'd lose at Chelsea yet again; just knew it. If the same thing happens away at Arsenal, it will provoke an ever bigger meltdown.
  25. Nov 8, 2017

Womp idiot

We played all 3 of the big rival games without our best player, winning arguably the hardest one of the 3 comfortably (Spurs). This place just likes to moan and with City doing so well, they've got an excuse to
  26. Nov 8, 2017

Surely by now you understand that the complaints are about the quality of football and not the results? I can only assume you and everyone who uses results as an argument are pretending not to get this point. If you disagree with it, it is one thing but to keep responding to something people are not even talking about is bizarre.
  27. Nov 8, 2017

Yes, the fact that City look like running away with the league compounds the issue. Every dropped point is significant because they are winning every game.

I would say, the difference with Spurs was the home venue. It's when we go away against our rivals we seem to bottle it. There's been plenty of overreaction but it is worrying.
  28. Nov 8, 2017

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

Really?
  29. Nov 8, 2017

Womp idiot

We need to stop focusing on City and focus on ourselves. The reason we are so far behind City is a result of bad planning and short-sightedness. As long as we are improving and going in the right direction, that's good signs for me.

How quick City improve etc. is completely irrelevant as all club's circumstances are relative.
  30. Nov 8, 2017

Womp idiot

Yes. They had one shot on target all game, otherwise created feck all, with us creating the better chances. There was only one time in the game I thought we'd conceed and it was that one opportunity, otherwise comfortable.
  31. Nov 8, 2017

If we were top and had beaten Chelsea, nobody would be complaining about the quality of football. Let's be honest; it's a results business. If we grind out a 1-0 at Arsenal in a few weeks time, I'll be very happy.
  32. Nov 8, 2017

Isn't it good that our ego as a club does not want to be second to bloody City? Real fans also were not very happy when Barcelona were doing well that's what rivalry is. I dread the day when we as a club are so docile that we pat ourselves on the back for being 2nd.
  33. Nov 8, 2017

Raoul Admin Staff

The quality of our play is directly linked to us being without our best player for the past couple of months. Once he’s back we will be back to our best.
  34. Nov 8, 2017

Womp idiot

We are second and have been to them for a few years now, continuing to wank yourself to oblivion over them isn't going to fix the situation at our club. The issues at our club go far beyond the manager and his tactics. City over the past few years have invested and planned much better than we have. They've greatly overtaken us from a youth perspective, they've brought in Pep's friends long before he came in. They've brought in and played a similar style of player to the 'Barca' style.

They had a vision and executed it much better than we have and are now reaping the rewards, with Pep only needing to tweak a few things to get exactly what he wanted.

The longer you think our situation is a quick fix, the longer you're going to be disappointed. No matter what the manager, he's going to need time, whether that's Jose or anyone else.

All things considered - our squad can still be improved and is still weak in several areas, we've been shite for nearly half a decade now and have a relatively young and upcoming squad - seeing progress is a good sign. There is no quick fix to our situation. Mourinho's whole career has revolved around fixing clubs quickly and getting a few trophies before he fecks off, if he couldn't manage it, no manager can.
  35. Nov 8, 2017

Maybe not now as it has been so long since our last league win but give it some time and history shows the style of football sooner or later will be complained about. We won the league in 2011 and 2013 and the threads here were filled with complaints about the style. Having said that, it is not only the style of football that is the problem, it is being inferior to our bitter rivals. If we were top of the league, obviously they would be doing something wrong and would not be superior to us which alleviate a lot of the pressure. I, for one think it is a good thing that it is hurting the club to be second, especially to someone like City. If we were happy and docile about it, we might as well pack it in.
  36. Nov 8, 2017

notcool Banned

Supports:
    a
    The quality of football is fine barring the big games. And if it's a little bit more than that: haven't you ever heard of a bad run of form? Fergie had it at times but people didn't start talking about sacking him. Secondly, who are we to be choosy? We haven't been amazing the past few years so how can we to criticise the football? If i'm hungry I just want to eat, I don't care about the type of food. Real Madrid kept Mourinho in charge for three seasons despite being in a better place than we are but our fans want to get rid of Mourinho in the fecking middle of his second season. It's bordering on sabotage.
  37. Nov 8, 2017

That's a valid argument and I personally do not necessarily disagree with it. Hopefully you're right I guess ...
  38. Nov 8, 2017

11101 Full Member

Funny, a month ago we were 1970s Brazil. Once our best player comes back we will be a different team. It will also help when our only defender who can really play from the back is fit again, and when one of the best strikers of the last 10 years returns from injury.
  39. Nov 8, 2017

I don't want him gone. I think the last thing this club needs is more changes. I don't want a big turnover in playing personnel either. The season is still young and City still might drop off completely in the winter months. I think you are reacting to something I did not say to be honest with you. I think the quality of football has warranted criticism and that's that really. We as a club should expect more without necessarily demanding it to be delivered instantly. The discussion is whether we think Mourinho is capable of delivering and whether we see potential for it.
  40. Nov 8, 2017

Absolutely we shouldn't be happy to trail City, and that's why results come first. If we can be top whilst playing great football, all the better; if we do it by grinding out wins, that's fine. Hence what really makes us happy is winning matches and challenging for trophies. That's the first priority. If we can do it whilst entertaining, even better. We are now harder to beat and aren't conceding many goals, which is a solid platform to build from in terms of playing a more attractive football. Get the basics right first - winning games and being solid. The fact City look like they're going to have an exceptional season piles on the pressure, but we must remain focused upon what we're trying to do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.