What do your friends & family think?

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Plan M, May 15, 2012.

1. May 15, 2012

Plan M Banned

What do your friends/family/bloke at the pub think of the current players in your team/situation at your club?

For example, I've got a passionate United supporter (he's in his 50s) who lives next door to me. He goes to loads of games and doesn't touch a computer let alone internet forums so I'm always interested in his opinion.

He always bangs on about how Anderson needs to go and that he'll never make it as a successful United player. He also thinks that Nani tries too hard to be like Ronaldo rather than concentrating on his own game.

I've got a mate who is a Gooner, he also doesn't post on any internet forums. He was a huge Wenger fan back in the day but wants changes now. He isn't happy with the "top 4 finish trophy" as he calls it.

So yeah - tell us a story about your friend's views on any team. The more deluded, the better.

I'm bored.
  2. May 15, 2012

Ramshock poster of nonsense

:lol:
  3. May 15, 2012

Orton Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button

The usual pub spackers up here think Evans and Carrick are shite and pretty much blame them for everything, same with De Gea this season.
  4. May 15, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

I've got a friend who comes out with loads of good ones.

-Said at the end of last season that it took 20 years for Fergie to eclipse Liverpool, but that it would take Dalglish two years to eclipse Man United.

-Said Suarez and Carroll would be a world class partnership.

-Said Torres would be a world class striker again.

-Then said Torres was past it.

-Said Man City had eclipsed us and that the balance of power shifted in Manchester last October after the 6-1 game.

-Then said sometime around this February that there was no way City would win the title and that Man United would definitely win it.

-Said to me yesterday that Man City are going to dominate for years to come.

-Says Carrick doesn't do anything.

-Thinks Pique is the greatest defender of all-time.
  5. May 15, 2012

Orton Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button

Also had someone telling me about 20 times during our game against Milan 2 seasons ago that Fletcher was our best player, and could get into any team in the world.
  6. May 15, 2012

Plan M Banned

Oh dear. :lol:
  7. May 15, 2012

KiD MoYeS Good Craig got his c'nuppins

My auld fella doesn't rate Anderson, at all. He thinks we're in for a couple of seasons without too many trophies, if any. He also thinks it's sad that we're relying on a thirty seven year old half blind ginger and a thirty eight year old adulterer.
  8. May 15, 2012

Walrus Oppressed White Male

my assistant manager at work thinks tevez and barton are legends and fergie is a cnut.

he is a united fan, or so he claims.
  9. May 15, 2012

Plan M Banned

What the feck?! :houllier:
  10. May 15, 2012

Cutch Shit stirrer (Literally)

My awl boy is the typical knee jerk fan. At the minute he reckons Welbecks shite and we should have kept Frasier Campbell. He's gone very quiet on De Gea and Evans after sayin they should hav been sold a few months back. He reckons we havnt played well all season and that Fergies lost it.

A real idiot.
  11. May 15, 2012

MUFCgal Full Member

My father says that we need to shift quite a few players out, and bring 4-5 new ones in. He said he'd get rid of PIG, Anderson, Owen, Berbatov, Bebe, Macheda, Park. Sometimes he's not that fussed on the twins, although he admits that Rafael is better than Fabio.

He said Nani, for having such talent, annoys him by being too casual at times and he still needs a rocket up his arse. He said he'll never be anywhere near Ronaldo's level.

He said this season that Carrick has been brilliant, and he doesn't get the plaudits that he deserves. He had his doubts about Valencia after the injuries he's had, but he'll admit that Valencia's been brilliant this season.

He says we need a good target man up front, like Llorente, for Rooney to play in and around.
  12. May 15, 2012

Plan M Banned

Difficult to disagree with any of his opinions. Although I really do rate the twins - they just need time to mature. And I don't feel we need a striker, we're fine in that department.

Interesting to see his opinion on Anderson, too. A lot of people seem to think the same thing away from the Caf (in my experience anyway). I'm probably in the camp that thinks the same about Ando i.e. he's just not going to cut it at the very top level. But I've been very wrong before and I hope I am this time.
  13. May 15, 2012

Talking Vulture He's shit, move on.

Your father seems like a wise man. Pretty much sums up what I feel
  14. May 15, 2012

MUFCgal Full Member

Oh, and he also said about Nani that, while he's improved as a player, he'd still sell him if the right amount of money was offered. He'll admit that Nani has definitely improved but as I pointed out earlier, he's still too casual at times and that frustates the hell out of my father.

The reason he likes Valencia is because he says Valencia is much more direct, he doesn't do fanny stepovers and silly shit (as father puts it).

For a while there, Valencia seemed afraid to take his man on but I think that's down to the fact he was anxious coming back from his bad injury. But in recent months, he's been very direct. He's got down the wing, and put the ball in all the time.
  15. May 15, 2012

KiD MoYeS Good Craig got his c'nuppins

Also, my Dad can't pronounce de Gea's name for the life of him.
  16. May 15, 2012

Pexbo Takes body parts and sells them on Amazon.

We laugh at a lot of people on the Internet (Forums anyway) but as a rule I think it does tend to educate people on the game quite well.
  17. May 15, 2012

Smores Full Member

My old man thinks Nani is vastly overrated and that Rafael will never be good enough as he's too small to be good in the air. He's also perplexed by Welbeck starting ahead of Hernandez and Berbatov (although that's more understandable imo).
  18. May 15, 2012

Talking Vulture He's shit, move on.

MUFCgal - am I your dad?
  19. May 15, 2012

Mick1991 Full Member

My ol' man supports Leeds, so he thinks we are all cnuts.
  20. May 15, 2012

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    That's more understandable? No way.
  21. May 15, 2012

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

I'm not supposed to talk about people in my life because certain individuals on this forum get very upset if I do.
  22. May 15, 2012

Minkaro Full Member

My dad doesn't like Welbeck at all. I'm not sure what Welbeck ever did to him, and I've no idea what he's basing this on. It's something where he will not recognise good performances from Welbeck at all. He also doesn't like Young or Bergertov. I'm not sure who this Bergertov fellow is, but apparently he's lazy and a waste of money. He does like most of our other players though, especially Scholes and Carrick.

My brother's last footballing comment to me was "does Phil Neville still play for Man United?" so I think we'll skip him.

There's a Liverpool fan that goes to the local pub quite a bit that was singing De Gea's praises on Sunday. Reckons that he's going to be the top keeper in the Premier League in five years' time.
  23. May 15, 2012

Smores Full Member

Well Hernandez got more goals than him and Berbatov only scored two goals fewer despite starting 18 less games.

The caf is the only place that rates Welbeck so highly, everyone else seems to just see him as a promising unfinished product.
  24. May 15, 2012

Waltraute Full Member

My family: 75% Reds; 25% Blues.
    I seriously don't have the energy to type it all out, but I'm sure you can imagine...

So-called neutral friends (Villa; Stokies; Baggies) -- I'm sure you're not that bored you want to hear the ins-and-outs of their thoughts regarding their own clubs, but they're all extremely pleased to see City win the league.

Amazing, isn't it?
  25. May 15, 2012

RedRover Full Member

I suspect a lot of what he says is designed to wind you up.
  26. May 15, 2012

Northstand Full Member

Yeah, I think there's a lot of truth in that. Quite a few regular match-goers I know are adamant Danny won't make it at United long-term.