What does it look like to be a United fan at this point?

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Wumminator, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Dec 3, 2018 at 19:42

chromepaxos New Member

The answer is that I regard the club as family.

They may suck goat balls at this point in time but I'm stuck with them. Mourinho is like an alcoholic brother-in-law: he's a nightmare to be around but hopefully he will have been kicked out by Christmas. Either way, the family is permanent. Brothers-in-law, managers and players are temporary.

And if you stop supporting your family when times get hard you ain't worth a thing.
  2. Dec 3, 2018 at 19:47

Arbitrium Supposed to be taking a year off

This is what it looks like;

[​IMG]
  3. Dec 3, 2018 at 19:51

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    Not sure that analogy holds. I would definitely provide emotional support for a sibling whose marriage breaks down but I’m not sure I’d pay through the nose to sit on an uncomfortable plastic chair and watch the death throes of their relationship for 90 minutes every weekend.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018 at 19:59
  4. Dec 3, 2018 at 22:51

chromepaxos New Member

Fair. :-)
  5. Dec 3, 2018 at 22:56

pauldyson1uk Full Member

Being a United fan sucks big time right now , every fan of every other team thinks it is OK to slag us off and there is nothing I can say back because they are right.
    Now I know what it felt like to be a City fan for all those years!!
    There is no light at the end of the tunnel right now, dont see an end to this bad spell.
  6. Dec 4, 2018 at 04:15

The Mad Manc Full Member

Aye, I'd agree with that assessment.

The owners, Woodward, the players and the manager are all contributing to this malaise. We can't force the owners to sell. We can't force Woodward into a different position within the club and we can't sack 2/3s of the squad. That leaves sacking the manager and whilst I am totally convinced Mourinho is the wrong man, I am not at all convinced that those responsible for appointing a new manager will get it right. We will most likely continue down this dark path until there are some serious changes behind the scenes. Ideally I want the Glazers to sell up but with that unlikely to happen, I'm behind appointing a DoF that allows Woodward to focus on revenue and allow someone who knows what they're actually doing to look after the football side of things.
  7. Dec 4, 2018 at 04:25

The Mad Manc Full Member

Not to shit on your only reason to be positive, but what do you think will happen to these kids with Mourinho in charge?

I don't want him anywhere near the likes of Chong, Gomes, Greenwood, etc
  8. Dec 4, 2018 at 04:27

Kharhaz New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    The better question would be, what does it feel like? Every Liverpool fan can tell you. One minute you are winning it all, or at least competing. The next, you are the biggest laugh in football.

How quickly Liverpool fell from grace. Same for United. Liverpool lost Dalglish, United lost Ferguson. Liverpool, only now are showing some sign of stable recovery, United have a long way to go.

As quick as every United fan can point out the lack of success Liverpool have had, you are on the same path, and every Liverpool fan is enjoying it. The question is, will United recover better than Liverpool did?
  9. Dec 5, 2018 at 09:28

BigRon1985 New Member

Interesting parallels between this season and Dave Sexton's last season in 1980/81. Both him and Mourinho finished 2nd the previous season but Sexton was sacked for finishing 8th the following season - I'm hoping history repeats itself! Plus both of them were ex-Chelsea managers known for playing boring football.

For me we need to go back to basics from the ground up. I'm not bothered about winning the PL, 4th place, Champions League or even results. I just want us to go back to playing exhilarating attacking football that this club is renowned for - then the buzz will come back and we can re-claim our rightful place back at the top.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2018 at 10:20
  10. Dec 5, 2018 at 18:11

Wumminator The Special One!

On my way to the game and get on the tram and I’ve left my Membership card at home.
  11. Dec 5, 2018 at 18:17

shamans Hoser

Supporting a man who is pulling the club downwards is not supporting the club. Sick of such fans who think they are superior or doing anyone a favor by supporting failures.
  12. Dec 5, 2018 at 19:34

Casanova85 New Member

Supports:
    FC Barcelona, Manchester Utd
    We are becoming "English AC Milan".