What's happened to Kaka?

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by esmufc14, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Sep 16, 2010

esmufc14 9 Pages of infractions

Used to be a fantastic player (Though always felt he was slightly overrated by the media) but since his move to Madrid he just seems to have lost it. I know he's had a lot of problems with injury and he's currently out at the minute but when he's fit again will he be able to get back into the side? If Mourinho can get him back to the player he once was though then Madrid really could be the team to beat this year.

This remains one of my favourite passes of all time. And the finish was brilliant to.

2. Sep 16, 2010

Ish84045 raisa84045

Kaka has been "Mesut" up by injury!
  3. Sep 16, 2010

Devil_forever You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever

Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
    You've decided that he's "lost it" after just 1 season at a new club, in a new league, having to get used to a new system, a system which isn't as well suited to him, as the one he played in Milan was?

It's quite a big change and as we've seen by Berbatov rediscovering his form after 2 seasons with us, that form is temporary and class is permanent. Mourinho has spoken about how he wanted Kaka at Chelsea and about how he's always wanted to work with him, I'd back him to get the best out of him too.
  4. Sep 16, 2010

Mick1991 Full Member

I would say the slide has been longer than just his time at Madrid, injuries have played a huge part.
  5. Sep 16, 2010

Boss Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker

I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
    He was never the most consistent player to begin with, and it has been like this for the last 3 seasons.

Now injuries are taking the toll and as you saw from the World Cup his pace is being affected, with Ozil on fire, he really can't com back and play like last season if he wants a futue at Madrid
  6. Sep 16, 2010

Cina Warrior Princess

AC were built around him, Madrid were built around Ronaldo.

Injuries have messed him up too. It's a real shame, on his day he could genuinely tear teams apart almost by himself, as we found out in 06/07.

I would genuinely love it if Madrid decided they didn't need him anymore and we made a move, he'd be perfect. It's always a very slight possibility considering they have 2 of the brightest young talents in his position in world football, Ozil and Canales.
  7. Sep 16, 2010

He wouldn't be, when we think of Kaka we think of the player who raped us at Old Trafford, alot has changed since then and he's not the same.

He's inconsistent as it is, I don't see him enjoying the rough nature of the Prem. He complained about how rough it is when England played Brazil a few years back. It would be a waste of money and wages to bring him here.
  8. Sep 16, 2010

Adzzz Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner

The injury problem is the only thing we can point at and say it must be responsible for his fairly dramatic dip in form. He's at the age where he should be at his very best, but it looks long behind him.

Perhaps a switch to United in January would help.

Maybe Spoony's thread really took it out of the poor fella?
  9. Sep 16, 2010

Cina Warrior Princess

He's still a super playmaker on form though, I know 'on form' is difficult to comprehend at the moment, but I'm sure SAF could get him up and running, like he seems to do with everyone. As for wages, meh, he refused City didn't he? I reckon if he knew he'd get first team action (which isn't likely at Madrid at present and is very likely here) he wouldn't be overly fussy.
  10. Sep 16, 2010

I'm always right Banned

When I think of Kaka I think of him raping a centre half pairing of John O'Shea and Gabriel Heinze... alot has changed since then thank feck!

[​IMG]

Kaka was always a little too over-rated and that game against United's makeshift backline won him the WPOTY award, an award I don't think he ever deserved. Ronnie deserved it that year and I remember some clowns arguing that Kaka was that better player and had proven it at Old Trafford that night. Now that they are both in the same team I don't think anyone could think such a stupid thing any longer.
  11. Sep 16, 2010

He doesn't, we are talking about a player who has been inconsistent for years and on top it is now battling with injuries and losing his pace.

Posters also wanted Ronaldinho here, but Kaka has to show us something that he is good enough to play for our club, we are not a retirement home for rejects.

The last time Kaka was great was 4 years ago
  12. Sep 16, 2010

MacMUFC Banned

Kaka couldnt dream of tearing up Ferdinand and Vidic like he did to O'Shea and Heinze in 07. If those two were playing, he wouldnt have got a sniff. I've always said he's horribly overrated. I could name at least 5 players better than him in his position quite easily.
  13. Sep 16, 2010

6 month loan in January perhaps? If Ozil's established himself by then, that option could end up being beneficial to all parties.
  14. Sep 16, 2010

Cina Warrior Princess

Ronaldo of 06/07 was class but not at the level he was the next season and is now, in all seriousness. I think on his day Kaka was the best at the time, but he was just a bit inconsistent where as Ronaldo, bar the odd 'big game' was pretty darn consistent.
  15. Sep 16, 2010

He is horribly overrated, the fact that he finished ahead of Iniesta last year in the Fifa world player of the year proves it despite him stuggling for form.

Also the fact that posters are STILL dying for him to come to Old Trafford. This isn't 2006
  16. Sep 16, 2010

Cina Warrior Princess

Well Iniesta was injured for most of last year and completely out of form, so that's hardly a big surprise.

I'm not 'dying' for him to come, I just think it could be a good option, a gamble maybe given his problems in the last 2 years but SAF said himself he needs to invest when Scholes and Giggs are done, and if Kaka was available at a decent price without overly high wages, or even on loan, I'd be happy for the gamble to take place!
  17. Sep 16, 2010

I'm always right Banned

Not having that, Ronnie was a better player then and now. Kaka scored just 8 Serie A goals that year and Milan finished 4th in the league, 36 points off Inter.
  18. Sep 16, 2010

MacMUFC Banned

Asking for a bit much there, that will never happen!
  19. Sep 16, 2010

The year they won the treble? No he wasn't, and it was a massive surprise. I guess his Confederstions Cup performance changed that.

Sir Alex needs to invest in players who could try and show the same consistency as our two legends, we need somebody who isn't injury prone and in my opinon, young aswell.
  20. Sep 16, 2010

Cina Warrior Princess

Hmm, I think we're on about different years, never mind. My minds blurred.

Kaka is still a pretty 'young' age for a footballer, though he is Brazilian, and we know what they're like. We can't just invest in youth all the time. If a better, established alternative to Kaka comes along then fair enough, but I don't think it should be ruled out.

Saying that, the chances of anything actually happening are very minimal anyway, so this debate could be utterly pointless!
  21. Sep 16, 2010

Mick1991 Full Member

So Kaka does the business at Old Trafford (and a lot of you are forgetting he was even better in the away leg) and because of the players he was playing against it doesn't really count?

Well that is a big crock of shit since we weren't playing the bloody Milan of the early nineties. We were playing a Milan on the slide. Then the Ronaldo comparison pops up, ineviatable really, I don't believe in comparing players but on the occasion Ronaldo got destroyed but because Kaka was against a weakened back four that doesn't really count either. But you fail to mention that in the home leg it was Wayne Rooney who performed for United not Ronaldo who in the away leg he was absolutely dominated by Gennaro Gattuso.

But of course Kaka didn't deserve the world player of the year Ronaldo did. Did it ever occur to you lads that maybe it was because Kaka performed truly brilliantly through out the whole champions league campaign? and the little fact that they won it?
  22. Sep 16, 2010

Feed Me I'm hungry

So what was the excuse for him continuing to run the show when they battered us in the second leg?
  23. Sep 16, 2010

This really does feel like four years ago

have I gone back in time?
  24. Sep 16, 2010

Mick1991 Full Member

What? I really get sick of every good player getting compared to Ronaldo, it is a little ridiculous.
  25. Sep 16, 2010

vuc First Team Serb

Who's that picture against?

There were little signs of Kaka returning to form at the WC but he just seems like he has lost the spark. It seems pretty common with Brazilians, sadly because when they want to they can be really something else.
  26. Sep 16, 2010

Ramshock Full Member

Kaka is the proof that Real Madrid is a graveyard for world class players. Unfortunately Mourinho will probably change all that!
  27. Sep 16, 2010

Not really, he hadn't been on form for Milan for 2 seasons before he left, I think Milan knew what they were doing, he was no longer integral
  28. Sep 16, 2010

Gambit Desperately wants to be a Muppet

Wish Pro evo would realise how he's a shadow of his former self.
  29. Sep 16, 2010

Gio Full Member

I think Kaka's reputation was slightly bloated pre-2006 and filled the 'world-class Brazilian' void left by Ronaldinho thereafter. But he was never quite that good.

Kaka won the award because he was the best player in the Champions League and performed when it mattered the most. Personally I would have given it to Francesco Totti, who had an excellent season for Roma. Either way, it was hardly the massive injustice some perceive it to be.

Kaka's more physical than people give him credit for - pacey with a strong frame - 6ft 1', 13 stone - and probably wouldn't struggle with the physical nature of the Premiership.
  30. Sep 16, 2010

Ramshock Full Member

Im not sure about that, I mean all that team had was him, Jar Jar and a young Pato with no back four and aging players like Gattuso and Seedorf! I think Milans malaise affected his form!
  31. Sep 16, 2010

Rood nostradamus like gloater

Kaka is just resting and preparing himself for a move to Old Trafford :drool:

I honestly think this could be a real possibility
  32. Sep 16, 2010

SirAF Full Member

Home against Inter I think, the first match where we wore the Club World Cup badge.
  33. Sep 16, 2010

His wages maybe a stumbling block and I can't see Madrid selling to a major rival and not at a fee low enough to make him a worthwhile investment.
  34. Sep 16, 2010

It's not an excuse for playing like shit, what's his excuse at Madrid with the great players they have?
  35. Sep 16, 2010

VoetbalWizard Banned

kaka will end up at chelsea IMO.
  36. Sep 16, 2010

Chelsea don't need him
  37. Sep 16, 2010

Spammy Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f

Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
    He was poor in his final year at Milan.
  38. Sep 16, 2010

Indeed, after his injury he was putting in extra shifts in training to look like a decent player again
  39. Sep 16, 2010

Decotron Full Member

I will cream myself if that happens. One of my favourite non United players always has been. Anyone doubting his ability his completely wrong. A top class player when utilised correctly
  40. Sep 16, 2010

Moultz Full Member

He did go through a stage where he was immense. The 06/07 season was his but he got his accolades thru the achievements of Milan. Whoever won that Semi final would of seen their star player (Ronaldo / Kaka) win the Ballon D'or.

He played very well for Brazil at the time. Remember that goal against Argentina at the emirates. Absolutely paced it.