1. Hey Guest, there's a new Podcast: Football, Bloody Hell! Podcast Episode 9 - Afroman

What's happened to Kaka?

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by esmufc14, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Sep 16, 2010

RedRover Full Member

Is he not also suffering from the same (or very similar) recurring injuries?Seems he struggled in his last season at Milan as well.

Could be the fact that he's moved to a much better league than he was playing in before, to a team that's not built purely around his strenths? At Milan the team was built around getting the best out of him - wont ever get that at Madrid.

Like Ibrahimovic I can see him back in Italy in the not to distant. Another Serie A superstar doesn't make the grade. Another Shevchenko?
  2. Sep 16, 2010

kouroux Full Member

And FIFA too as he's their cover boy :lol:
  3. Sep 16, 2010

Rood nostradamus like gloater

Remains to be seen if Kaka is an integral part of Jose's plans or not - he is not going to sit around on the bench and if he wants to leave then it will only be a major rival that can afford him (or City I suppose)

That is also a disinct possbility due to Ancelloti
  4. Sep 16, 2010

Ish84045 raisa84045

Good post.

Albeit Kaka is not the same player he was 3-5 years ago, I cant believe how people are all of a sudden calling him overrated. Remember at the time, Ronaldo pretty much bottled it big time in most "big matches" (myth or not), but Kaka sure did show up that season...when it mattered most.

There is no disputing Ronaldo is the better player, but to all of a sudden say Kaka was ALWAYS overrating is a tad ridiculous IMO - especially as there was no other standout candidate in Europe that season who deserved it more. (let's face it, the UCL has a BIG sway in who gets the WPOTY award.)
  5. Sep 16, 2010

Ramshock Full Member

The same excuse as the rest of the top class players at Madrid had. Bad management and no team ethos. Like I said in my post that probably will change under Mourinho!
  6. Sep 16, 2010

Crustanoid Full Member

Yep, you have to laugh. He cost at least 30 mil more than his current value. Stupid Real thickos
  7. Sep 16, 2010

Gambit Desperately wants to be a Muppet

Pissed off with seeing him skin everyone ala messi and ronaldo.
  8. Sep 16, 2010

Ekeke Full Member

Lost pace/acceleration and never had the consistancy to be rated as highly as he was.
  9. Sep 16, 2010

Ish84045 raisa84045

Yeah, if only they sold him to Shitty for 100M, wasn't it? :lol:
  10. Sep 16, 2010

jojojo Moderator

He was playing injured last season and really scarcely played at all after November. He's out now until January with a knee injury that also affected his WC.

Will he ever get his form back? Difficult to do at Madrid - he'll be competing for playing time with people like Ozil and Canales, at a key time of year, so he'd have to be in top form instantly. The big question right now is will he ever get his fitness back to even be able to try.
  11. Sep 16, 2010

Rowem Full Member

They didn't need Deco either, but Scolari wanted him. Nor did they need Ballack, or Shevchenko, or Zhirkov.

I'm sure Ancelotti would love to sign Kaka.
  12. Sep 18, 2010

jojojo Moderator

13. Mar 25, 2011

Suedesi Full Member

He never had it. He is a very very good player, however his energy in a league with technical brilliance but no pace (Serie A) really flattered him.

Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo had an x-factor. Kaka' never did imo.
  14. Mar 25, 2011

Mick1991 Full Member

Injuries.
  15. Mar 25, 2011

Ringo 07 Full Member

Thats just not true. You dont win World player of the year award and Champions league in the same year if you are not a class act. Just cause he is not a messi type player who beats 3 players at a go doesnt mean he is nto still incredible. In 2007 he was phenomenal, scored many often long range screamers, had lightening pace and set up many goals. Kaka's best days are past him but I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a club next season where he can showcase his brilliance again.
  16. Mar 25, 2011

B20 Giggsy! Giggsy! Giggsy!

Kaka never really tore up the Serie A. He made his name in the CL and for Brazil.
  17. Mar 25, 2011

MadDogg Full Member

“Manchester United never lose, they just run out o
    Which was a joke. He won it simply because Milan beat us in the CL and he had played brilliantly well in the tie before he faced us (I think it was the previous tie anyway), leading everyone and everywhere to make out it was a straight Ronaldo vs Kaka battle in that tie to see who was the best player in the world. Never mind Ronaldo was playing with an injured ankle. Never mind we could barely put a backline together. Never mind he was, at best, the third best player for Milan over the two legs. Never mind Totti was easily the best player in the Serie A that season.

Kaka was obviously a great player. But he was at the level that Rooney was last season, (maybe slightly higher at most), but certainly not at the next level which Ronaldo started to reach that same season.
  18. Mar 25, 2011

Suedesi Full Member

Both are right. Kaka's contribution to AC and in Serie A were over hyped.
  19. Mar 25, 2011

RDCR07 Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Exactly! Who did we have in central defence? Was it Heinze and O'Shea? No wonder he tore us one. And everybody just says it didn't matter who was in central defense for us, he would have tore us a new one anyway.
  20. Mar 25, 2011

Suedesi Full Member

AC Milan: Dida, Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski, Gattuso (Cafu 84), Pirlo, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Kaka (Favalli 86), Inzaghi (Gilardino 66).
    Subs Not Used: Kalac, Bonera, Serginho, Brocchi.

Booked: Ambrosini, Gattuso.

Goals: Kaka 11, Seedorf 30, Gilardino 78.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea (Saha 77), Brown, Vidic, Heinze, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney.
    Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, Ferdinand, Smith, Solskjaer, Richardson, Eagles.

Booked: Ronaldo.

Att: 78,500

Ref: Frank De Bleeckere (Belgium).

This was Vidic' first game after a broken collarbone, he was clearly unfit. No Evra, no Rio and right after playing a gruelling PL mach while Milan rested all their players in Serie A. Fckers.

21. Mar 25, 2011

Amir Full Member

Actually it's this: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Brown, Heinze, Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs.

As we're talking about the 3-2 win in which Kaka scored twice.
  22. Mar 25, 2011

RedDevilCanuck Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin

Sign him.
  23. Mar 25, 2011

Alex Banned

I remember Seedorf's goal being very well taken in a torrential downpour
  24. Apr 26, 2012

Mockney Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

Couldn't see a bump. Absolutely fecking dire when he came on yesterday. I don't think he did one good thing the whole time he was on. Only just 30 too last leek. Late 20s should be the peak of a creative centre mid.

The Brazilian curse? Injury blighted? He's certainly not in the mould of the party lovers who stop giving a feck. I can't really find adequate words for how bangerwrongingly ball cheese he looked last night.
  25. Apr 26, 2012

rcoobc Not as crap as eferyone thinks

He's almost a completely different player from the one that destroyed us. Has been for a rather large number of years. It's a shame he didn't stay at Milan to be honest, he could have rode into his twilight an important but bit-part player like Giggs has done for us.
  26. Apr 26, 2012

Say what you like about Fat Ronnie, but he was still banging them in as a fat arse even after all the injuries. He never 'lost it' until he completely stopped caring a couple years ago back in Brazil. Kaka seems to have done a Torres since he went to Madrid, injuries of course permitting.

Too knee jerk to say maybe he wasn't really ever 'that' good? BPITW good. Just pretty good with a couple of sublime seasons? (probably is, but feck it, I'm putting it out there for debates sake)
  27. Apr 26, 2012

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Thought he got down the outside of the bayern defence quite a few times, but never really had a target too pull the ball back too.

hes certainly gone a bit torres, but not half as bad as your making out.
  28. Apr 26, 2012

B20 Giggsy! Giggsy! Giggsy!

I always thought he was a tad overrated. Too easily marked out of games if you put a proper defensive midfielder on him and didn't really consistently set serie A alight. Zlatan outshined him in Italy, but Kaka delivered the goods for Brazil and in Europe and built a better reputation.

Was a bit shocked to see him play last night though. It's one thing that his physique can go, but how did he become so slow and uninspired of thought, how did his passing become so average? It's rare to see a player look so out of place in a team, nevermind a former world player of the year.
  29. Apr 26, 2012

MikeUpNorth Wobbles like a massive pair of tits

A combination of injuries, arrogance and complacency has done for him.
  30. Apr 26, 2012

kietotheworld Banned

Probably a bit over-rated on the back of his performance against us in 2007, that's what won him the Ballon d'Or and our defence really wasn't up to much that season. Mascherano had his number in the Final until Benitez took him off for Crouch, 4 minutes later he put Inzaghi through for the killer goal.
  31. Apr 26, 2012

Probably fair. I only really remember one instance of him getting the better of his man though.. and then just hitting in hope. I'm sure he looked worse just by virtue of being Kaka tho.

I've always thought that WPOTY was the classic example of CL bias. As you say he wasn't amazing in Seria A. I think they finished 4th, and rested all their players before their big CL ties. Was he ever really the man for Brazil? I remember being a bit underwhelmed with him in World Cups. He could've been great in the Copa for all I know though.
  32. Apr 26, 2012

Sarni nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

He's done, he will probably be back in Brazil next year unless Real can find a club in Europe who will pay them good money for him - maybe Anzhi or something. Perhaps PSG could take him, Ancelotti enjoyed working with him.
  33. Apr 26, 2012

davisjw Full Member

Overrated? He was immense at his peak.

I think his problem is that he wasn't used to being benched (so lower confidence) and injuries. He needs to get out of there. The question is where will he go? AC have no room, they've moved on. Chelsea is still a bet. He could replace Lampard for a few years.

The problem with Kaka is he always came across as sensitive, talking about his family and father figures at AC. I think Real is just a cold, cold place without any support.

Fergie can cure him.
  34. Apr 26, 2012

But could he do it on a cold windy night in Stoke?
  35. Apr 26, 2012

Jimy_Hills_Chin Desperately wants to be ITK

I always thought he was overrated. Classy player no doubt but it isn't a great surprise to me to see him declining like this.

That said, he has had a minor renaissance for Madrid these past couple of months and I actually thought he was more dangerous than any of the other Madrid midfielders last night.
  36. Apr 26, 2012

Zen Full Member

Lampard is still capable of a 15 goal 10 assist season without actually playing his usual 60 every single minute played games....I don't think Kaka is actually capable of replacing him at all. He's struggling to get anywhere near those numbers in a team that scores like 3 times as many as Chelsea and where he's given more space.

I think he's more capable of replacing Giggs....but at the price he'd come for, it's not worth it anyway.
  37. Apr 26, 2012

LoveInTheAsylum Full Member

He was maybe overrated as a footballer (never sure how the hell to write that, but in terms of interacting with teammates), but was still one of the world's best players while at Milan. Madrid badly overrated him in terms of the transfer as there were already injury concerns. He has always been, like Torres, a direct player who relies a lot on physical traits. All his play in the final third was with the goal in mind, so that when he lost that explosivity his whole game went to pot.
  38. Apr 26, 2012

Brwned Have you ever been in love before?

I think he was good in the Confederations Cup back when Adriano was good, and he was maybe the best of the 4 (Adriano, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Ronaldo) in 2006 but yeah I don't think he ever brought his best form to any international tournaments. He was excellent in the qualifiers for the 2010 World Cup and then largely invisible once they got there.

Agree about the 06/07 award, but he was clearly the best player in that Champions League. Top scorer in it yet not even in the top 25 in the Serie A and didn't even hit double figures, and I remember him drifting in and out of games regularly and for a big game player he really didn't step up in the big league games I saw.
  39. Apr 26, 2012

Zen Full Member

Mascherano did a right number on him in the Final too. Probably one of Rafa's worst choices to randomly take him off......if i remember correctly, it took Kaka like 20 seconds after that sub to create a chance that Inzaghi should of scored...and then a few minutes later did actually score from a Kaka pass.
  40. Apr 26, 2012

mboRa ndomHer0723 Full Member

How serious were his knee injuries (or was it 1 injury)? That injury has definitely robbed him of his pace which definitely helped him get past defenders. I heard the other week that his knee is basically bone on bone now which must make it be painful to play and recover from.